2009 FinHeaven Draft. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 FinHeaven Draft.

With the 7th pick in the 2009 FinHeaven draft the Oakland raiders select.....
Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

It was a real tough choice between Jeremy maclin and Smith. Finally it came down to investments. We need to maximize our production from last years first rounder and give Russell a piece of mind. There are a few washed up WR's to be had in the free agent market and no tackles as talented as this kid.

The Jacksonville jaguars are now on the clock...

1 - Detroit Lions - Mathew Stafford
2 - St Louis Rams - Michael Crabtree
3 - Kansas City Chiefs - Aaron Curry
4 - Seattle Seahawks - Eugene Monroe
5 - Cleveland Browns - Rey Maualuga
6 - Cincinnati Bengals - Malcolm Jenkins
7 - Oakland Raiders - Andre Smith
8 - Jacksonville Jaguars - ???

I want to poop in the face of the next guy that makes us wait 5+ hours.

With the 8th overall pick of the 2009 draft the Jacksonville Jaguars choose;

Michael Ohr (OT) Mississippi,

This past season the Jags suffered from 2 major problems offensively; 1)pass protection and 2) running the ball consistently. With these issues in mind I chose to upgrade the O-line with the best player available on the board in that area. I would have rather chosen Andre Smith but he was taken. However, I ranked Ohr slightly ahead of Jason Smith. Ohr has shown great body control, balance and nice foot placement during his college career thus leaning us towards him.

With the 9th overall pick of the 2009 draft the Green Bay Packers select:

Everette Brown OLB/DE Florida State- This pass year Green bays main problem was a strong pass rush, a consistent one. Aaron kapman only had 9.5 sacks. GB is known for having the balance offense and defense. this year they struggled with pass rushers. Brown had 13.5 sacks this season. He is going to excel in the 3-4 defense. the next Demarcus Ware..

He has the strength and speed to get by any pass blockers. He sends OT's flying on theyre backs. He can also chase the RB with no problem. Him and AJ HAWK will make a fantastic LB core i wouldnt want to run against

The draft so far guys:

1. Matthew Stafford (QB) USC, Detroit Lions
  2. Michael Crabtree (WR) Texas Tech, St. Louis Rams
  3. Aaron Curry (ILB) Wake Forest, Kansas City Chiefs
  4. Eugene Monroe (OT) Virginia, Seattle Seahawks
  5. Rey Mauluga (ILB) USC, Cleveland Browns
  6. Malcolm Jenkins (CB) Ohio State, Cincinati Bengals
  7. Andre Smith (OT) Alabama, Oakland Raiders
  8. Michael Ohr (OT) Mississippi, Jacksonville Jaguars
  9. Everette Brown (DE/OLB) Florida State, Green Bay Packers

People are just holding out for those Wonderlic Test results to be released.

With the 10th selection the San Franciso 49ers select:

Brian Orakpo DE Texas

We had a lack luster pass rush and with P. Willis manning the middle and him coming of the edge we should be good. Mark Sanchez was a option here but Shaun Hill performed well and Sanchez arm is a question mark and only one year of starting.

The Buffalo Bills are now on the clock...

Back
Top Bottom