2009 NCAA Football Season! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 NCAA Football Season!

don't get me wrong, that group is solid - but i'm just not sold on them quite yet. mccoy and company up front will be sick and your backfield should be a nice compliment but not so sure about those linebackers. not trying to hate by any means - you guys put up a hell of a show in the championship - but i just like your offense a lot more.

i mean, weren't you guys like 68th in total defense last year? not that great, but you guys are still real young. plus you got some nice commitments on that side of the ball, so we'll see. let's just say you guys have been much better in previous years on D. good luck next year man. if you play us again, you'll need it.

We didnt rank highly in defense last year, yes, but I believe that is a testament on how great the Big XII was offensively. OU gave up alot of points in bogus time when they had a more than confortable lead.

Good luck Gator

The thing about Ole Miss is, I don't think they're overrated....in fact...I think Houston Nutt is one of the top 5 gameday coaches in the country...especially when it comes to adjustments on the fly....I think he's underrated as a coach...

I agree wholeheartedly. I think Houston Nutt is one of the better college football coaches out there and doesn't nearly get the kind of credit he deserves. That being said, Ed Orgeron really left him a lot of good players to work with.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think Houston Nutt is one of the better college football coaches out there and doesn't nearly get the kind of credit he deserves. That being said, Ed Orgeron really left him a lot of good players to work with.

Losing Michael Oher (spelling?) will hurt them more than people think IMO.

We didnt rank highly in defense last year, yes, but I believe that is a testament on how great the Big XII was offensively. OU gave up alot of points in bogus time when they had a more than confortable lead.

Good luck Gator

you too sooner.

Damn, 20 posts and no mention of the U? Cant wait to see the baby canes reclaim the respect we deserve. Jacory and Co. will no doubt struggle at times, but were in position to win the ACC title in a year or two

Ahhhhh Miami....can't wait till October 3rd :wink:
You guys are going to be a TOUGH test for the youngsters. With that said, expect a fight from us too. I remember last year's game Vs Florida was like a street fight. I bet if you ask Tebow he would say we hit him the hardest. Good luck though I hope our teams stay healthy

You guys are going to be a TOUGH test for the youngsters. With that said, expect a fight from us too. I remember last year's game Vs Florida was like a street fight. I bet if you ask Tebow he would say we hit him the hardest. Good luck though I hope our teams stay healthy

We mentioned the U....there's just not a lot to talk about there....lol

Seriously....I see another 40 point beat down by the Sooners this year when they face the Canes.....similar to the 52-13 drubbing you saw the year before last when they faced Oklahoma....

Oklahoma is still that good....actually probably better then they were then.....Miami is still very much the same....with the exception of more young talent on the roster now....but until they prove otherwise...the coaching is still some of the poorest in the ACC.....

Miami opens with the toughest first 4 games in the country.....an 0-4 start isn't far fetched at all IMO....

Oh, I'm not looking past Miami at all, I know it will probably be a dog fight. It means alot to me because my best friend is a HUGE Miami fan, so its a very exciting game for me personaly.

Im looking forward to seeing how Miami has improved, Jacory Harris must be better than the Freeman/Wright duo from two years ago, especially in the athletic department. I really hope Landshark Stadium is rockin' for this game, but common sense tells me it wont :boohoo:I especially want someone to absolutley DESTROY Arthur Brown after his whole ordeal coming out of high school a few years ago.

It will deff. be a dog fight, but OU just has to much talent, experience, and leadership for the young Hurricanes. Im picking Miami agaisnt FSU and VaTech, so hopefully it may be a top 25 matchup.

Cool thread man

I'm a WVU Mountaineers fan myself. We had a disapointing season to say the least last year. But we were putting in a new offense. I'm sad to see Pat White go, but it's Jarret Browns time now. He is a big guy with a strong arm and he's pretty mobile.

I look for our hardest games to be @ Auburn, and @ South Florida.

Let's go EERS!

Cool thread man

I'm a WVU Mountaineers fan myself. We had a disapointing season to say the least last year. But we were putting in a new offense. I'm sad to see Pat White go, but it's Jarret Browns time now. He is a big guy with a strong arm and he's pretty mobile.

I look for our hardest games to be @ Auburn, and @ South Florida.

Let's go EERS!

Thank you very much Bluto!

Man, if Pat White can do half of what he did against my Sooners in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl, then I'll be one happy camper :hump:

Whats the story on Jarret Brown? Is he another spread option type quarterback in the vein of White? And what happened to Noel Devine? I didnt hear much of him this past year.

If those are W.Va's toughest game, then it will be a great year, both of those I would favor the 'Eers right now.

Cant wait until OU vs UM. I'm looking to see if I can go. Maybe College Gameday will be there if we get off to a good start

Cant wait until OU vs UM. I'm looking to see if I can go. Maybe College Gameday will be there if we get off to a good start

If Miami is undefeated, you can bet your *** Gameday would be there, Miami would of already beaten top 15 FSU, borderline top 25 GaTech, and (for some reason) top 5 VaTech. Miami 3-0 = Top 10 team

Even if they win maybe just 2, Gameday is a strong possibility. What else could you ask for? It's one of the biggest non-conference rivalry in the country.

Back
Top Bottom