2010 BCS National Championship - Alabama V Texas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2010 BCS National Championship - Alabama V Texas

2010 National Champion?

• Alabama

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tough call. Both have GREAT defenses. Alabama has a physical running game and it'll be interesting to see how Texas responds to that. Texas is really struggling on offense right now. Alabama is going to get very physical at the line of scrimmage with Jordan Shippley. They're gonna hit him in the mouth to disrupt the timing of McCoy and Shippley.

The Texas offensice line HAS to do a better job of protecting Colt McCoy and allowing him time to throw the football. Alabama is a better defense than Nebraska and Nebraska was after Colt all day and night.

The biggest thing Texas has going for them is the underdog role. They've heard for a month now about how good Alabama is and how Alabama should win this easily. Mark Ingram is the Heisman winner. It was Mark Ingram day in Alabama yesterday from what I've heard. He's been patted on the back for a while now. Alabama isn't used to traveling all the way to the West Coast for football games. They pretty much stay local to the Southeast.

In the end, I think this is a great game and closer than people think. It would suprise me to see a blowout by either team. These are two great teams and they're both well coached...but I think Alabama has the edge in coaching.

JCane is rolling with—not so much Alabama—but rather Nick Saban. It's hard not to root for Saban. He's easily the greatest college football coach I've seen in my 31/32 years of living.

I've got Alabama winning 30 - 28.

It bothers me how Utah just straight up punked Bama after the layoff and expectations last year.

Which is even more reason why Bama will be more prepared than ever to dismantle Texas and win the title.

Nebraska exposed Texas a little bit, and I think the Bama D is gonna wreck **** all night.

I'm guessing 31-13 Bama

It bothers me how Utah just straight up punked Bama after the layoff and expectations last year.

Which is even more reason why Bama will be more prepared than ever to dismantle Texas and win the title.

Nebraska exposed Texas a little bit, and I think the Bama D is gonna wreck **** all night.

I'm guessing 31-13 Bama

Utah over Alabama last season was an easy call. Alabama's season was over after the way Florida beat them in the SECCG. Sugar Bowl was irrelevant at that point and Utah was a pretty good team. Alabama had nothing to gain by winning that game and Utah had everything on the line. Biggest game in that program's history.

Some interesting comments guys.

My thoughts are also that Alabama hold the advantage in the run game aswell as on defense and if Nebraska can take the 'horns to the wire then Alabama shouldnt have too many problems doing better.

I'll be interested to see how guys like Sergio Kindle, Earl Thomas, Lamarr Houston, Jordan Shipley and Colt McCoy handle themselves. Yes, they've played in big games before, but all eyes will be on them to get one last look at how they handle the pressure in big games before they head for the NFL draft. If Texas are to win, these guys need to step up and lead by example.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is seeing the impact Rolando McClain has on the game. IMO if Alabama lose tomorrow, he'll stay in school and not enter the draft. I really like this guy and the way he plays football. I only wish "our" Dolphins were in a better position to get him in our uniform! He's not only a football player, he's a leader. I think if Texas' O-Line can get to Rolando at the next level and somewhat take him out of the picture, if could lead to what some may call an "upset".

If I had to predict a score: Alabama 24 - Texas 10

Bama fan here. glad to see its a shut out for votes.

i'm actually not worried about the big play from Colt & co. im worried about them dinking and dunking those 6-7 yard plays all the way down the field.

Bama needs TDs, not field goals, all we do is kick FGs. if they play like they did against FL they win.

I voted Texas. These two teams are evenly matched IMO, so it will come down to who wants it more. Given Bama's propensity to drop bowl games, I give the edge to Texas.

But I could definitely see it going the other way.

Roses are red and don't grow in ditches...

Get your *** up....it's gameday *******...

Rammer jammer yellow hammer...

Give 'em hell Alabama....

R
O
L
L

T
I
D
E

R
O
L
L

i think Bama is gonna win...partly because i dont think Colt McCoy will be protected well. If hes protected well then i think Texas is going to win.

What an asinine fake punt call. Shoulda knocked that down though.

Back
Top Bottom