2010 BCS National Championship - Alabama V Texas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2010 BCS National Championship - Alabama V Texas

2010 National Champion?

• Alabama

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yup. Texas just can't get anything done on O without McCoy. Congrats to Bama. I literally fell asleep right after they scored to make it 17-6 and woke up right after they made it 24-6. Had no idea what had just happened.

R
O
L
L

T
I
D
E

R
O
L
L

I'm so happy for these kids....I was raised on Alabama football since I was born in 1967....I was fortunate enough to see the end of Bear Bryant's era up close and personal....

He would be so proud of this Alabama team....this is his kind of team.....his kind of kids....he would've loved to have coached this group of players....

Texas is a good team....and I've always had tremendous respect for Mack Brown.......the only thing I would've loved more was seeing them do it against McCoy and not a freshman...

Glad I'm still around to see our 13th National Championship.....this means a lot to me....

R
O
L
L

T
I
D
E

R
O
L
L

I'm so happy for these kids....I was raised on Alabama football since I was born in 1967....I was fortunate enough to see the end of Bear Bryant's era up close and personal....

He would be so proud of this Alabama team....this is his kind of team.....his kind of kids....he would've loved to have coached this group of players....

Texas is a good team....and I've always had tremendous respect for Mack Brown.......the only thing I would've loved more was seeing them do it against McCoy and not a freshman...

Glad I'm still around to see our 13th National Championship.....this means a lot to me....

Congratulations to Alabama. It's terrible the opposing QB had to go out, but in the end the game is a team sport. I saw a lot of dropped balls on the Texas side, so it's hard to put it all on the backup.

Ingrahm preformed beautifully in what was a pretty ugly game. What was up with that fake punt? :chuckle:

Congratulations to Alabama. It's terrible the opposing QB had to go out, but in the end the game is a team sport. I saw a lot of dropped balls on the Texas side, so it's hard to put it all on the backup.

Ingrahm preformed beautifully in what was a pretty ugly game. What was up with that fake punt? :chuckle:

What fake punt? Fitzgerald never "faked" like he was going to punt it....it was a pass the whole time...:lol:

I hated to see McCoy get hurt.....but there's a few other quarterbacks that faced Bama's defense this year that would pat him on the back and welcome him to the club.....

What fake punt? Fitzgerald never "faked" like he was going to punt it....it was a pass the whole time...:lol:

I hated to see McCoy get hurt.....but there's a few other quarterbacks that faced Bama's defense this year that would pat him on the back and welcome him to the club.....

They shook up the backup too and he almost went out of the game; and that hit he took on a completion in the fourth quarter was ferocious.

Alabama really should have slammed the door, though. Letting them back in the game by running 3 and out in the last 5 mins of the third quarter was dangerous.

They shook up the backup too and he almost went out of the game; and that hit he took on a completion in the fourth quarter was ferocious.

Alabama really should have slammed the door, though. Letting them back in the game by running 3 and out in the last 5 mins of the third quarter was dangerous.

They got too conservative with the playcalling....got comfortable....

Texas secondary is right up there with Bama and Florida's....McElwain didn't want to take any chances....

But I fault Kirby Smart more for letting Texas back in the game....Applewhite kept getting Shipley matched up on a safety (either Barron or Woodall) in man coverage instead of a corner and Smart never adjusted until it was almost too late....

The complex blitzes that Smart was sending was worth it for a while and it worked on the freshman when Texas wasn't going downfield with the ball....problem is it leaves you with a safety matched up on a WR a lot of times....

Shipley is good, though. His route running is superior to a lot of players. I think for sure he'll start in the NFL.

Yeah in the slot....you can't just let him get a free release....you have to jam him at the line and get physical with him....the way Brian Jackson of Oklahoma did....shut Shipley down....(4 catches 22 yards)..

Shipley didn't do much in the first half with Kareem Jackson on him....when they got him matched up on the safeties is when he did his damage.....he's supposed to on a safety in man coverage...

Back
Top Bottom