2012 NFL Draft Prospects | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2012 NFL Draft Prospects

concern with kuechly for me is speed...i think he can be late to the sidelines on some stuff i think a guy you take in the top 10 needs to be in on...rediculously instinctual though...zach thomas with better size...looks like a safe high end mike backer pick to me

if kuechly runs in the 4.6's i'll be surprised cause i don't see it on tape... still he'll make up 2 tenths on his instincts and smarts so whatever he runs its not a deal breaker

i'm with slimm on fletcher cox i think that kids a terrific prospect worthy of a top 15 pick...very smooth for his size...love his feet...just looks like an athlete at 300 lbs...i also like taamu and his upside more than others i think...1st round grade for me

concern with kuechly for me is speed...i think he can be late to the sidelines on some stuff i think a guy you take in the top 10 needs to be in on...rediculously instinctual though...zach thomas with better size...looks like a safe high end mike backer pick to me

if kuechly runs in the 4.6's i'll be surprised cause i don't see it on tape... still he'll make up 2 tenths on his instincts and smarts so whatever he runs its not a deal breaker
Everything I read is that he runs in the 4.75-4.8 range. The more I read, the more I think ZT went out and got himself cloned.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who will light up the NFL Combine?

Looking at which prospects have the physical and athletic skill set to create a major buzz during the 2012 NFL Combine.

QB Brock Osweiler: Arizona State (6-8, 240)
Osweiler has the combination of size, athleticism and overall arm strength to really impress this week. He looks the part, can make all the throws and I expect him to be exceptional throwing vs. air. Now, his tape is inconsistent. However, with a number of the top quarterback prospects not throwing in Indy this week, Osweiler is the guy who has the skill set to steal the show and catapult his draft stock.
DavidWilson-1.jpg
Wilson has "plus" top-end speed.
RB David Wilson: Virginia Tech (5-10, 205)
He’s a former track guy with an explosive first step and “plus” top-end speed. Wilson should be able to put down one of the fastest 40 times at Combine and should be the fastest among the top five running back prospects, which would only boost his draft stock.

WR Joe Adams: Arkansas (5-11, 190)
In a wide receiver class starved for speed, Adams is the one guy who has the ability to really put down a fast time. Plus, he isn’t just a linear guy and should test out well when asked to change directions. However, the guy has the ability to run sub 4.3 range and at a stopwatch position that is only going to help his cause.
Read entire article:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Who-will-light-up-the-NFL-Combine.html

• (10:00 AM): Combine buzz ... With the offensive linemen and TEs already in town, things at this year’s scouting combine in Indianapolis start to heat up later today with the arrival of the quarterbacks, RBs and receivers, although they won’t actually workout on the field until Sunday. It is also more than likely that neither Andrew Luck nor Robert Griffin, who are expected to go first and second overall at this April‘s draft, will take part in the passing drills on Sunday as both will wait for their respective pro days. Oklahoma State’s Brandon Weeden, one of the three QBs vying for the #3 spot at the position behind the top two guys, also says he still hasn’t decided whether he will throw this weekend. Of course, Ryan Tannehill of Texas A&M, who is still rehabbing from a broken foot, also won’t be on the field Sunday. And whether or not any of the top QB prospects actually work out this week, there is a growing sense around the league that as many as 5 QBs could actually be taken in this year’s opening round. Indeed, one rumor making the rounds this week is that Washington, which has the 6th overall pick and had been expected to be seriously involved in bidding to trade up with St. Louis for the second pick overall, may actually consider trying to trade back into the opening round and target Weeden, who is somewhat over-aged for a draft prospect after playing minor league baseball for several seasons, but has the maturity to step right into an NFL roster. And the Redskins are always a franchise in a hurry. At the same time, Arizona State junior Brock Osweiler is also starting to generate some late-first round buzz of his own. While he did a lot of dinking and dunking in the Sun Devils’ version of a spread offense, Osweiler is a rangy 6-7 passer with a strong, accurate arm who at least looks the part of a prototype pro pocket passer. And with so many teams looking to upgrade at QB, those that hesitate on April 26th may be lost. And speaking of Stanford’s Luck, he has been training with quarterback guru George Whitfield who worked with Cam Newton prior to the 2011 draft.
  • (9:00 AM): Rising LB to miss combine with illness … Utah State LB Bobby Wagner, one of the rising stars in the 2012 draft class, will not participate in this week’s scouting combine in Indianapolis after being hospitalized earlier in the week with pneumonia. Wagner reportedly is feeling better but still likely won’t be released from the hospital until the weekend at the earliest and won’t travel to Indianapolis. It’s also still up in the air whether Wagner will be able to participate in Utah State’s pro day on March 8. If not he will almost certainly schedule a private workout later in March or early April. After a very strong Senior Bowl week, Wagner appears to have moved into the mid-to-late second round range.
  • Utah State linebacker Bobby Wagner has been hospitalized in Scottsdale, Arizona since Monday with pneumonia and was advised by a doctor there not to travel this week for the 2012 Scouting Combine.

Wagner's agent, Kenny Zuckerman, sent a doctor's note explaining as much to National Football Scouting, the group that organizes the Combine in an effort to have the news distributed to all 32 NFL teams.http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/34960788
  • BC TE denied 6th year … Boston College TE Ifeanyi Momah has been denied denied a sixth season of eligibility by the NCAA. The ACC had granted Momah, who played in only one game in 2011 after also missing the 2009 season with an injury, an extra year, but the NCAA denied his request and have now turned down Boston College’s appeal. Momah will now enter the upcoming draft where he could be something of a sleeper. The 6-5, 245-pound Momah caught only 19 passes in 2010, but did average almost 16 yards per grab, but had 8 receptions for 157 yards in the Eagles season opener last fall before injuring a knee.
  • (12:01 AM): Knee issue to keep top RB on Indy sidelines … According to a report by Jason La Canfora of NFL Network, Alabama RB Trent Richardson wll not participate in on-field position drills at this week’s scouting combine in Indianapolis. Richardson reportedy suffered a mild knee injury in practice prior to Alabama’s BCS national championship game victory over LSU last month. Richardson did play in the BCS title game but underwent what is being described as “minor” arthroscopic surgery on the knee afterwards. While there are some concerns about Richardson‘s durability at the next level, this appears to be more of a minor setback for the former Tide star who plans to workout fully at the Alabama pro day on March 7th.
Read entire article:http://www.gbnreport.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
[h=1]In combine week full of proving, these players have much to do[/h]
img17340086-1.jpg
Vontaze Burfict must answer questions about his maturity and inconsistent production. (US Presswire)
All eyes will be on Andrew Luck as he familiarizes himself with the environs in Indianapolis and Lucas Oil Stadium this week.

Luck is widely expected to be the Colts' choice with the first overall pick in April's NFL Draft.
While off-field agendas are worth tracking this week -- players meet with individual teams for face-to-face interviews in hotel suites in between psychological and medical testing and the all-important workouts at the stadium -- there are several players who need to put together a great week in all phases of the combine.
Each session, from the 40-yard dash to the Wonderlic to the cattle call that is weigh-in and the shuttle to head-to-toe medical testing, can affect a player's final grade.
Here are the players the NFLDraftScout.com staff considers squarely in scouts' crosshairs:

Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
The Heisman Trophy winner has been an impressive performer on and off the field, and the combine will represent an interesting test for him. First, what are his accurate height, weight, hand size, body type? And although he is expected to interview well, Griffin will also need to show an above-average football IQ when NFL teams talk X's and O's at the blackboard. Finally, will he throw in Indianapolis in an attempt to show a competitive edge or wait until his pro day in Waco?
Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
The emergence of Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham as verifiable No. 1 targets in 2011 will have teams searching for similar matchup nightmares in the 2012 draft. Allen won the Mackey Award as the nation's top college tight end, but his position atop NFLDraftScout.com's rankings is far from secure with both Stanford's Coby Fleener and Georgia's Orson Charles nipping at his heels. Charles in particular is expected to put up exciting workout numbers. Allen's superior size and blocking won't matter if his closest competitors prove significantly more athletic at the combine.
Vontaze Burfict, MLB, Arizona State
Since he first stepped foot in Tempe, Burfict has garnered comparisons to Ray Lewis for his ferocious hitting and short-area burst. But his undisciplined outbursts and fits of rage have also been well-documented, leading to strong concerns about coachability and maturity. Even more troubling to some is his lack of consistency and production. Burfict will need to do some major damage control in face-to-face interviews to secure a top-100 pick.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...full-of-proving-these-players-have-much-to-do

Tide RB workout set for late March … Alabama Trent Richardson, who will not participate in this week’s combine after undergoing minor arthroscopic knee surgery three weeks ago, will now reportedly work out for NFL teams on March 27. Richardson, who is easily the top rated player at the position for the upcoming draft, had hoped to be able to take part in Alabama’s pro day March 7, but clearly felt he needed the extra time. Meanwhile, Florida RB/WR Jeff Demps stayed true to his decision to try and earn a spot on the U.S. Olympic sprint team for the 2012 London games and is not in attendance at this week’s combine.

• February 24
  • (1:30 PM): Svelte SC WR checks in at combine ... What of the bigger questions at this year's combine was what kind of shape South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffrey would show up at. At this last year, Jeffrey, who reportedly played at around 230 for the Game****s, was considered to be a potential top 5 prospect for this year's draft, however, his stock has plummeted in recent weeks after his numbers fell off this past season and there were reports that he had ballooned up to as much as 250pounds. However, Jeffrey reportedly weighed in at a very trimmed down 216 pounds earlier today at the combine and may have put some of those concerns to rest. Jeffrey, though, also still has to show pro teams at Sunday's workout that he has more than 4.6 type speed and explosion before he works himself back into this year's opening round.
  • (11:30 AM): RGIII measures up ... Concerns that QB Robert Griffin might not be quite as tall an NFL teams generally like their QBs to be were put to rest this morning when the former Baylor star measured in a 6-2.5 and 223 pounds at the scouting comibine in Indianapolis. Griffin had been listed at 6-2 and there were concerns heading into the combine that he might actually be closer to 6-1. At the same time, Stanford's Andrew Luck measured in at 6-4, 238.
  • Cardinal OT won't run at combine ... Stanford OT Jonathan Martin reportedly has decided not to participate in on-fields drills when the offensive linemen take the field on Saturday. Martin has reportedly had to curtail his training in the days before the combine because of an minor illness. Instead, Martin, who figures to go somewhere between the 10th and 20th picks in this year's opening round, plans to do a full workout at the Cardinal’s pro day on March 22nd.
  • (9:00 AM): Dolphins, Chiefs win coin flips ... Miami and Kansas City won this morning's coin flips to decide the final spots in this year's opening round. As a result, Miami will have the 8th pick in this year's opening round, while Carolina will pick 9th. At the same time, Kansas City will pick 11th and Seattle will have the 12th selection. In the second round, Carolina will pick 40th, while Miami gets the 42nd pick and Seattle and Kansas City will select 43rd and 44th respectively. Then in the third round, Miami will pick 73rd, while Chicago will have the 74th pick acquired from Carolina and Kansas City will select 75th and Seattle 76th. Here is the updated selection order for the first three rounds of the 2012 draft and the still unofficial list of picks by team.
  • (12:01 AM): Combine continues ... With all offensive prospects now in Indianapolis, the first players on the other side of the ball start arriving at the scouting combine as the defensive linemen and LBs check into town. Meanwhile, the offensive linemen and TEs will do their bench presses later today with Michigan C David Molk hoping to put on a show. At the same time, the QBs, RBs and WRs will be weighed and measured. And all eyes will be on Baylor QB Robert Griffin when he gets measured. Griffin is listed at 6-3, but there are suspicions in the scouting community that he could actually be closer to 6-1 which is not quite as tall as NFL teams generally like their QBs to be.

Earlier today, Justin Blackmon announced that he will not run the 40-yard dash at the Combine when the receivers work out on Sunday. In my opinion, it’s a copout.

Blackmon is a very talented receiver and many of the draftniks have him rated as the first receiver off the board. As much as I like Blackmon, I’m not buying that it’s a given he will be the first receiver drafted because like every year, we don’t have all the information.
As good as he is I have always questioned his top-end speed. While he is a fluid athlete, he plays like he is in the 4.58-4.60 range as far as speed. If that is what he indeed runs I doubt he will be the first receiver drafted.
Read entire article:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Blackmon-will-not-run-the-40-in-Indianapolis.html

INDIANAPOLIS—Size and speed at the WR position is a hot topic here at the NFL Combine. Think about it: the ability to run the 3-step route tree, plus the size to win vs. press-coverage and convert on inside breaking routes.

Hill13144-1.jpg
ICONHill is a size/speed player that could see his stock rise at the NFL Combine.
And speed is going to sell when we talk about a WRs ability to stretch the top of the defense when they transition to the NFL.
Outside of the top three prospects “projected” to come off the board in the NFL Draft (Justin Blackmon, Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd), expect these Combine workouts to play a big role in the grading process with these WRs.
One of the WRs to keep an eye on is Stephen Hill. The Georgia Tech product has size (6-4, 215 at today’s weigh-ins) and said he hopes to run in the low 4.4s in the 40-yard dash.
Talking with the NFP’s Wes Bunting, Hill does have the ability to get vertically down the field, but he will need time to develop as a route runner coming from the triple option offense at Georgia Tech.
Read entire article:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Will-Georgia-Techs-Stephen-Hill-rise-up-draft-boards.html

I do not understand why Blackmon would not run. He may have a time similar to ANquan Boldin. Your 40 time is not everything, but if he is slow he may drop in the draft. Would you really want to pick a WR at 8 who runs a 4.7?

• February 25
  • (2:30 PM): Slow time for top TE ... The TEs are through their 40 runs and while several ran resonably well, Clemson's Dwayne Allen had to be very disappointed with an official 40-clocking of just under 4.90 which is just not the stuff expected of a receiving TE who doesn't block all that well. Allen also finished near the bottom of the pack among TEs in most of the other drills, although he did post a solid 3rd place time in the 3-cone drill. At the same time, neither of Stanford's Coby Fleener nor Georgia's Orson Charles, who were thought to be Allen's competition to be the first TE off the board this coming April, ran today. Fleener is still rehabbing from a late-season ankle injury, while Charles opted to wait until his pro day. Meanwhile, unheralded James Hanna of Oklahoma posted the fastest 40-time among the TEs with a 4.49 official clocking while Ladarius Green of Louisiana-Lafayette helped himself with a 4.53 time and Missouri's Michael Egnew was solid with a 4.62 effort. NFL.com is posting real time results from the combine. Here are the full official 40 times for the offensive linemen and TEs from today's workout.
  • (1:30 PM): SC OT confirms top status … Official 40 times have been announced at the combine for the offensive linemen and Southern California OT Matt Kalil made a statement that he may just be the top prospect in the 2012 draft at any position other than the QB when he ran the 40 in under 5.0 seconds; 4.99 to be exact. The official times were also reasonably kind to Georgia G/T Cordy Glenn who posted a 5.15, while OTs Riley Reiff of Iowa and Ole Miss' Bobbie Massie both clocked in at 5.23. Overall, Okalhoma's Donald Stephenson, who was credited with an official 4.94 40 clocking was the fastest OT, while Iowa's Adam Gettis led the OGs with a 5-flat. And the guys whose unofficial times weren't very good likely won't be much happier with the official results. Ohio State OT Mike Adams' final 40-time, for example, was revised up to 5.40 which is likely outside the parameters most, if not all teams around the NFL have for a LT.
  • (11:00 AM): UGA G/T shines at combine; Buck OT struggles … The first group of offensive linemen is through the 40-yard dash and have moved onto positional drills. The star of the morning so far has been Georgia G/T Cordy Glenn who posted an unofficial 40-time under 5-flat for the 40 as he timed in at 4.96. While that may be factored higher when the final electronic times are announced, that is an excellent time for a 345-pound lineman. Glenn also had a very good 1.72 10-yard split and then looked smooth in some of the early positional drills. On the other hand, it has not been a good combine so far for Ohio State OT Mike Adams, who only managed 19 reps in the bench press yesterday and then ran two 40s in over 5.3 seconds in which he didn’t look very quick or explosive. Stanford OG David DeCastro also ran a relatively slow 40 with an unofficial 5.34 clocking. Fastest early times were posted by Iowa OG Adam Gettis who ran the 40 in an unofficial 4.91 seconds, while South Dakota OT Tom Compton posted a 5.03 and Baylor C Philip Blake clocked a 5.09.
  • Michigan C paces OL combine press … As expected, Michigan C David Molk led the way when the offensive linemen and TEs did the bench press at the scouting combine in Indianapolis on Friday. Molk managed 41 reps pressing 225 pounds, although he never threatened Stephen Paea’s 49 reps last year which is generally regarded as the all-time record for the combine. Meanwhile, other top offensive line prospects who had solid outings in the bench press included Stanford OG David DeCastro who posted 34 reps, while the figures were 32 for Wisconsin OG Kevin Zeitler, 31 for Georgia G/T Cordy Glenn, and 30 for USC OT Matt Kalil, who is generally regarded as the top OT prospect for the upcoming draft. At the same time, though, several top OL prospects had pro scouts asking where‘s the beef as Iowa OT Riley Reiff only managed 23 reps, while Ohio State’s Mike Adams was only able to do 19 reps and Wisconsin C Peter Konz did just 18. Other OL prospect who disappointed to a degree in the bench press included Cal OT Mitchell Schwartz (23), Ole Miss OT Bobbie Massie (22), Boise State G/T Nate Potter (22), Washington G/T Senio Kelemete (21), and UAB OT Matt McCants (17). For the most part, however, those guys are taller players with long arms who are generally considered to be at a disadvantage in the bench press, although it is something that NFL teams will want to check. At the same time, the most impressive effort in the bench press may have been turned in by Georgia TE Orson Charles who posted 35 reps despite the fact he only weighs 251 pounds. However, Charles may not have closed much ground on either of Stanford‘s Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen of Clemson, the other top-rated TEs in this year‘s draft who both managed a very respectable 27 reps. For all the results, check the NFL.com combine tracker.
  • Okie State WR now won’t run at combine … Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon has announced that in the end he will not run when the receivers take the field at the combine on Sunday. Blackmon, the top-rated WR in the 2012 draft, had indicated when he arrived in Indianapolis that he would do a full workout, but now says he has a hamstring issue and won’t workout until the Oklahoma State pro day on March 7th.

Who stood out among the draft’s top O-linemen?

Stanford OG David DeCastro didn’t lace the fastest of 40 times, running in the 5.3 range. However, he looked very coordinated during positional drills. He was able to keep his base down, maintain balance laterally and showcased “plus” change of direction skills. Honestly, if I had a need at guard, I wouldn’t have any qualms using a top ten pick on this him.

cordyglenndisplayimage-1.jpg
ICONGlenn worked out better than most thought.

• Another guy on the rise was Georgia OL Cordy Glenn. It’s rare of see a guy at his dimensions (6-5, 345) run in the sub 5.0 range. Glenn possesses “plus” length (35 ¾) as well and despite not being the most fleet of feet laterally, you can still see the initial quickness/burst needed to get off the ball and into contact quickly. Looks like a lock for the top 20.

• It was a strong performance from Illinois OL Jeff Allen as well today. Allen ran in the mid 5.1 range and also showcased good athleticism when asked to pull and get out on the move. And at 6-4, 307-pounds he exhibited good length for the guard position (33.5) and showcased natural strength on the bench (26 reps).
Read entire article:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Combine-Offensive-line-workout-breakdown.html

Is safety now a 'premium' position in the NFL Draft?

INDIANAPOLIS—Talking with league personnel here at the NFL Combine, the safety position is now considered a top priority in the draft. A “premium position” vs. NFL offenses. Think about it: what do we see from offensive game plans on Sundays? Empty sets, multiple alignments and the overall impact of the TE position. Spread the field and go to work on the secondary.
Harrison114429-1.jpg
ICONNotre Dame's Harrison Smith.
Looking at this from a draft perspective, here are the NFP’s top five players at the safety position:
1. Mark Barron, Alabama
2. George Iloka, Boise State
3. Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State
4. Harrison Smith, Notre Dame
5. Brandon Taylor, LSU

The way I see it, you need two free safeties as part of your base defensive package to counter offensive schemes. Two players that can align in Cover 2, work out of the middle of the field and win in one-on-one situations. And that includes the skill set to play man-coverage (both press and off-man) vs. a Rob Gronkowski or Jimmy Graham.
Read entire article:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Combine-Safeties-in-demand.html

• Skill position combine wrap … Baylor QB Robert Griffin grabbed most of the headlines during yesterday’s on-field drills at the scouting combine in Indianapolis when he ran a 4.41 40. However, Stanford’s Andrew Luck was no slouch himself as the former Cardinal star stopped the clock in 4.67 seconds in his forty. And it wasn’t much of a surprise that Wisconsin QB Russell also ran well posting a 4.55 40 clocking. Meanwhile, with Alabama’s RB Trent Richardson unable to participate in the combine because of an injury, the focus at the position shifted to the battle among the second-tier prospects at the position. And Miami junior Lamar Miller took the opportunity to put his name in line to be the 2nd back chosen this year when he blitzed a 4.40 40. Virginia Tech’s David Wilson was also solid with a sub-4.5 clocking (4.49). On the other hand, Washington’s Chris Polk probably didn’t enhance his grade when he was only able to run a 4.57 40. At the same time, Texas A&M’s Cyrus Gray (4.47), LaMichael James (4.45), Cincinnati’s Isaiah Pead (4, 47), and Brandon Pierce of Temple (4.49) also ran under 4.5 seconds. On the other hand, there were some turtles among this year’s RB class as a number of prominent prospects at the position did not run particularly well including Mississippi State’s Vick Ballard (4.65), Brandon Bolden of Ole Miss (4.65), Dan Herron of Ohio State (4.66), Baylor’s Terrance Ganaway (4.67) and USC‘s Marc Tyler who may have run himself right out of the draft with a 4.76 clocking. Along with Griffin and Miller, the big winners at yesterday‘s workouts also included Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill who blitzed a 4.36 40 and the looked very polished in the receiving drills. Notre Dame Michael Floyd also may have separated himself from the other second-tier prospects at the position when the 225-pounder ran a very respectable 4.47 40. On the other hand, Kendall Wright of Baylor, who had been staring to get some top-10 buzz likely sent NFL personnel people back to the tapes as the big-play threat was only able to run a 4.61 40. Same story for Rutgers‘ Mohamad Sanu and Arizona’s Juron Criner who both needed to show some quickness, but both were barely able to break the 4.7 mark. At the same time, though, a track meet almost broke out among the WRs with Travis Benjamin and Tommy Streeter of Miami, Chris Givens of Wake Forest, NC State’s T.J. Graham, A.J. Jenkins of Illinois, Kashif Moore of UConn, Fresno State’s Devon Wylie, Jarius Wright of Arkansas, and Stanford’s Chris Owusu joining Hill is running in the 4.4 range.
  • Hawkeye OL injured at combine … Iowa OT Markus Zusevics did not participate in Saturday’s on-field workout with the offensive linemen after he reportedly injured a pectoral muscle during Friday’s bench press.

Hill19222-1.jpg
ICONGeorgia Tech's Stephen Hill posted a 4.36 40-yard dash in his NFL Combine workout.

And after Sunday’s workouts in Indy, the two names we should be talking about are Notre Dame’s Michael Floyd and Georgia Tech’s Stephen Hill. Size and speed that was on display for the entire league to see.
Here are the measurables for both players (with official 40 times):
Floyd: 6-3, 220, 4.47
Hill: 6-4, 215, 4.36

That’s going to sell to multiple teams that are looking for a size/speed player outside of the numbers to run deep inside breaking concepts (skinny post, deep curl, 15-yard dig, seam) and to stretch the top of the secondary (fade, corner, double-move). Exactly what you want in your offense when working vs. a deep half safety in Cover 2 or throwing the fade vs. man-coverage out in the field and inside of the 10-yard line.
The question now: how high do both prospects rise on team draft boards?
Read entire article:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/How-high-will-Floyd-and-Hill-climb-on-draft-boards.html

• It was an impressive group of tight ends working out Saturday, but none may have been as impressive as Oklahoma’s James Hanna. The 6-4, 252-pound target ran in the high 4.4 range, posted a 36-inch vertical and a 10-foot-2-inch broad jump. He did looked a bit unnatural at times catching the football, but overall it was an impressive display of athleticism from Hanna.
MichaelEgnew-1.jpg
ICONEgnew ran better than most thought.
• Another impressive physical specimen was Louisiana-Lafayette TE Ladarius Green. Green posted a 40-time in the low 4.5 range with a 34.5-inch vertical. He looked natural getting down the seam and tracking the football during positional drills and for a guy his size he displays a “plus” first step off the line.

• I was a bit puzzled by the 4.6 40 time of Missouri TE Michael Egnew. Egnew is a strider who builds speed as he goes and can be somewhat of a threat down the seam. However, he didn’t look real explosive at the Senior Bowl or on tape and his 4.6 time might a case of a guy who simply doesn’t play as fast as he times. Nevertheless, his workout should only help his stock.
Read entire article:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Combine-tight-end-workout-breakdown.html

Back
Top Bottom