2013 FINS MOCK OFF SEASON #3 (with commentary) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2013 FINS MOCK OFF SEASON #3 (with commentary)

Jake Long is not worth 10 million a year but with over 47 million in cap space i would way rather over pay him than draft a tackle in the first round. Yeah I didn't add anyone to the offensive line. continuity is one of the most important qualities of a good offensive line and you can't have that if you shuffle the right side every year. Long was probably 80% health when he was playing pretty well early in the season. You guys talk about him like he is Marc Colombo. He is a former #1 pick in the draft. With another year to develop from the coaching of philbin and turner I like the line of Long Incognito Pouncey Jerry Martin. you guys bash ireland for spending high money and picks on offensive line yet you want turnover on the whole rightside every year? When the Steelers won the Super Bowl in 09 Ben Roethlisberger had been sacked more than any qb that whole season. Granted he holds on to the ball too long and extends plays. but that was just to make the point that offensive line is not that important anymore. its not the 1980s we need more talent at the skill positions. Keller played with Mark Sanchez.. wait till he plays with an actual professional quarterback. How is getting rid of Sean Smith and Dmitri Patterson and Chris Clemons and drafting a second round corner who had 7 picks this year and adding Derek Cox and Eric Reid the talented Safety from LSU making your secondary worse? and maybe this is just me, but idk why a lot of people have a so much confidence in an undrafted quarterback who has yet to be active for an actual game as a solid backup. WE NEED A VETERAN to help Tannehill improve and see things in a defense that a young qb like devlin simply can't.

Cap Space=47 Million
Cut Dmitri Patterson = 52 million
did an adequate job filling in for the injured Nolan Carroll at the end of the year, but at over 5 million a season I'm out

RE-Sign
Jake Long LT 5 year 52 million (10M$)
I know.. I know... there is simply no better alternative...

Reggie Bush RB 4 year 17 million (4.25 Ms)
a fan favorite who fits very well in the west coast offense.. expect to see december reggie of 2011 with actual professional football players at wide receiver

Nate Garner C/G/T 3 year 4 million (1.3M)
versatile backup who may save us a roster spot due to his versatility

Randy Starks 5 year 25 Million (5M)
no player benefited more from the 3-4 to 4-3 switch than Randy.. a top interior lineman in the league

CB Bryce McCan 1 year 700,000 K (.7M)
I thought he filled in nicely at the end of the year.. provides solid depth

52 Million minus 21.25 million = 30.75 million Cap Space Available

FREE AGENCY
QB Jason Campbell 1 year 2.5 million (2.5M)
the most talented of the veteran backup quarterbacks available good fit in the WCO and will provide Tannehill the veteran presence needed after Matt Moore leaves

WR Greg Jennings 5 year 45 million (9M)
connect the philbin dots.. still one of the top 10 WRs in the game

TE Dustin Keller 4 year 20 million (5M)
dolphins finally get a seam threatening tight end (not named Michael Egnew LOL).. this guy has killed us since he has been with the jets

CB Derek Cox 4 year 22 million (5.5 M)
good size and ball skills, fits Coyles press man scheme well

30.75 Million minus 22 million = 8.75 Million for draft picks and UDFA

NFL DRAFT
1st Round WR Keenan Allen Cal
classic west coast receiver will be a great #2 while learning how to be a tru pro from Bess and Jennings

2nd Round CB Jordan Poyer Oregon State
great ball skills, man skills and adds value into the return game

2nd Round FS Eric Reid LSU
adds a playmaker to the secondary.. played in the SEC.. made big plays in big games

3rd Round WR Aaron Dobson Marshall
one of the more underrated WRs this class

3rd Round DE Corey Lemonier Auburn
adds depth to the pass rush

4th Round LB Jon Bostic Florida
solid depth and potential replacement for Dansby after the 2013 season

5th Round DT Everette Dawkins FSU
adds depth to the rotation of Solaiai Starks Randall

7th Round LB/SS Kenny Tate Maryland
adds depth to the linebacker and special teams units

7th Round QB Jordan Rodgers Vanderbilt
developmental qb, who will battle devlin for #3 job or go on practice squad... oh by the way, he is Aaron Rodger's younger brother

DEPTH CHART
QB1 Tannehill
QB2 Campbell
QB3 Devlin/ Rodgers
RB1 Bush
RB2 Miller
RB3 Thomas
FB Lane
WR1 Jennings
WR2 Allen
WR3 Bess
WR4 Dobson
WR5 Binns
TE1 Keller
TE2 Clay
TE3 Mastrud
LT Long
LG Incognito
C Pouncey
RG Jerry
RT Martin
OL DEPTH (garner, samuda, yeatman)

LE Wake/ Lemonier
DT Starks/Dawkins
NT Solaia/ Randall
RE Odrick/ Vernon
SAM LB Misi/ Trusnik
MIKE LB Dansby/ Bostic
WILL LB Burnett/ Kaddu
CB1 Cox
CB2 Poyer
CB3 Marshall
CB4 Carroll
CB5 McCann
FS Reid
SS Jones
K Carpenter
P Fields
KR/PR Thigpen

:up:

as far as Jake Long is concerned if he cant play RT then he can walk because John Martin has taken over the LT possion and isnt going to give it bk up to a slow injured Jake Long you dont have to be as fast on your feet to play RT, But if Jake cant play that side with enough swagger than he can walk and we can pickup a RT to replace where Martin played last year , and i dont wont to hear that Martin cant play LT because he did a hell of a job at Stanford for Andrew Luck ,and with the offseason and experence he had this year he is ready to take over that LT spot , and if Jake Long dosent take a paycut to resign with us let him walk , and grab us a RT in FA or in the draft.

I would draft more offense with our first three picks....Maybe all 3 of them or 4 out of the first 5.
Would like to keep Hartline and Smith for decent prices.
I really hope Big Jake takes a big paycut and resigns, our Oline needs help

I would draft more offense with our first three picks....Maybe all 3 of them or 4 out of the first 5.
Would like to keep Hartline and Smith for decent prices.
I really hope Big Jake takes a big paycut and resigns, our Oline needs help

RT is alot easier to find then LT and alot cheaper to replace than LT , i hope he takes a paycut but if not im sure we can find a good RT in FA or the draft.

Pass on Jason Campbell - go with Devlin as backup. Jennings is questionable - 1-2 yr contract only. Need a DE higher in the draft - get a better pass rush and the secondary doesn't have to be outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom