2014 Is A Great Time For a GM/Coaching Change | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 Is A Great Time For a GM/Coaching Change

Soliai and Grimes are the priority signings in my opinion. Start looking for offensive lineman and LB's in free agency and the Draft!

While we're on the topic, why do Joe Philbin and Jeff Ireland still have jobs today? NFL investigation? Like I said, you can interview them from the cabs of their moving vans.

Everybody knows these guys are toast, why drag this farce out?

While we're on the topic, why do Joe Philbin and Jeff Ireland still have jobs today? NFL investigation? Like I said, you can interview them from the cabs of their moving vans.

Everybody knows these guys are toast, why drag this farce out?

-because, sadly, at this moment they are anything but toast. Ross said he has complete faith in his staff, and while he didn't mention Ireland by name, he would love to keep his staff intact. Remember that the staff as presently constructed was a Ross undertaking, so it would take a level of admission of guilt for him to blow it up.

I have had a good amount of success in my personal career, and owe a lot of it to working around a belief that people in power do not want to admit they are wrong unless absolutely forced to. A team (or company, or investors, etc) will tote the status quo until a huge obstacle becomes apparent and forces change. For this reason, even if it costs our team draft picks, a damning report by the Nfl may be the only thing to bring about sweeping and positive change here.

we would be much better off fixing the line, and being innovative with Wallace, and use him as a piece to help us win games next season, than to just cut bait and run. Mike is not a major reason why we're losing games this year, but he could certainly be a big piece of winning them next year.

If Tannehill had more time to wait for Wallace to come open, he would be more productive and dangerous. The Oline and Linebackers need to be replaced. That will yield the greatest improvement.

It's the Front Office and Coaches that need overhauling, not the players. We have problems on the OLine. But 1 draft and FA offseason and we've fixed nearly ever single problem we have and added more depth.

I mentioned after the Ravens loss (if memory serves) that cronyism was the major problem of the previous regime. Further, it was shaping up to be the downfall of this one.

Here is where Ross needs to step up. He needs to sh**can Jeff, Sherman, & Jim Turner. Find an OC who runs an uptempo style that will properly utilize Tannehill, Miller, R Matthews, Clay, Egnew (I said it), & Wallace. Let the New OC find an OL coach that can implement a ZBS then motivate.

Keep the D the same but actually use Jordan.

Draft emphasis OL, DT, RB, & TE.

Our best linebacker Misi is not a Free Agent he extended to a 4 year deal I believe 16 million. We have to replace Wheeler he is so terrible, and watching him and Trusnik was painful. That's a terrible combo.

Solia needs to be resigned and if we switch back to a 3-4 we will need to resign Starks.

Grimes we should attempt to lock him up now.

I like the idea of Ross' 5 man committee to include 3 Dolphins legends who are very involved with today's football, and outsiders Tony Dungey and Curtis Martin who both made huge impacts on the game and the AFC. Best thing Ross has done to date. A plan may actually be in place, wow. I'm amazed hope it turns out positive its been a rough stretch.

Watching Mathews last night makes me wonder while he was rotting away on the bench if Egnew has that same capability, but this staff is so dam stubborn that they go with the guy who is more a vet than the guy with more talent. Athleticism was never in question with Egnew, his blocking has improved greatly and he has recently just started to make an impac albeit slightly, I wonder if maybe this guy has that same breakout game Mathews just had.

That breakout has me pissed because Mathews is exactly what this offense has been lacking, a big, fast, physical, strong hands and playmaking receiver and he's been just sitting on the inactive list or barely seeing the field because he lacks experience? Are you freaking kidding me? How do you get experience if that's what you lack by sitting on the sidelines? To me that's inept coaching and management. What I saw was a QB and WR who seemed to be on the same page a definite chemistry that Wallace just doesn't have. That stubbornness is all on the offensive coaching staff. I'm glad to see Mathews come out and be poised, efficient and show the ability to be a go-to guy, it's BS it's taken this long for him to make an impact like that! How many games could we have won last 2 years if he was out on the field collecting that experience he lacks?????

we would be much better off fixing the line, and being innovative with Wallace, and use him as a piece to help us win games next season, than to just cut bait and run. Mike is not a major reason why we're losing games this year, but he could certainly be a big piece of winning them next year.

I agree, but this would require a new coaching staff that actually knows what they're doing, and how to properly use the talent on the roster... I'm all for it!

Sadly, we are LOADED with talent. But the people that picked them have no clue how to use them.

But, alas, for once talent is not the problem!

IF Ross decides to replace Philbin, the end of this year would be the ideal time to do so due to expiring contracts, and A LOT of cap space. There would be little reason for the new coach to mak sweeping changes. A closer look.

OL- Clabo is a FA. Jerry is a FA. Cog is a FA (who will not last that long). Martin may be a question. Pouncey is signed, hopefully not a problem.

QB & RB- Can't imagine a problem with Tannehill, Miller, or DT (who we may want to replace anyhow).

WR & TE- Can't imagine Hartline, Wallace, Gibson, Matthews, Sims, Egnew, or Clay as problems. In no way can we get out of Wallace's contract, and I can't see a new coach wanting to. Have to give him and RT time to connect and get on the same page.

DL- Soliai is a FA. Starks is a FA, I don't see Wake, OV, Jordan, Odrick, or Shelby as problems.

LB- Misi is a FA. I don't see Ellerbe or Wheeler as problems in the locker and Ellerbe as one on the field. Wheeler would be costly ($10.6M) but, possible to absorb if traded or cut after next year (around $4M).

S- Clemons is a FA, who we should want to keep. Jones is a major disappointment but, may turn around, and has a big contract.

CB- Grimes is a FA, who we should want to keep. Patterson is a keeper, with Wilson and Carroll likely. Taylor and Davis are not going anywhere.

So, with the possible exception of Pouncey, I do not see the turnover as any big deal.

We are in a great position for a change due to those not under contract, a full draft, a few trade possibilities, and having $40-$50M under the cap. Any coach can come in and change to a 3-4 with what he has to work with, and do the same with any type of O he wants to put in. The youth of this team is an additional bonus.

*** I know "Caching" should be COaching but, too late to change it. :)

Don't forget we just extended Misi in September. We may be stuck with this lineback group for a while. Hopefully we can upgrade/replace wheeler, or teach him to tackle as he is good at blitzing and covering.

Sadly, we are LOADED with talent.

Where? Sadly, we have no talent. Name 1 elite guy outside of Fields and maybe Wake, but even he hasn't been Wakey this year. Grimes is pretty decent. Outside of those 3, the rest are just guys.

Where? Sadly, we have no talent. Name 1 elite guy outside of Fields and maybe Wake, but even he hasn't been Wakey this year. Grimes is pretty decent. Outside of those 3, the rest are just guys.

I also wouldn't say that we're loaded with talent. But, there is enough talent on the roster to wins more games than they are. Miami needs better coaching, and someone who can build an offense/defense around the talent we have right now. Then, as the roster changes, the "system" can adapt to the new players. I would never trust any Head Coach who comes in thinking that his system is perfect and set in stone, and that is exactly what we have in Philbin/Sherman/Coyle.

Back
Top Bottom