2014 NBA Finals discussion | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 NBA Finals discussion

Game #4 is different. Normally a tea getting blown out and embarrassed in front of it's home crowd comes back with a vengeance. Miami is favored by 4 1/2 and for me is worth a $100 play, maybe more by game time but, not a Big bet.

I would take that bet, Miami will not go 0-2 at home and go down 3-1 in the series. That is essentially suicide and they know that. I wasn't very happy with LeBron's 14 attempts last night either...he was efficient as he usually is, but definitely needs to be more aggressive.

Home court does not exist with these two teams, someone on Mike and Mike said something this morning that I could not agree with more. The guest said that both team can win away just as easily as home at any time, and that in this series, home court does not exist, but actually the 1st team that wins two in a row, that will be the team that will have the actual advantage.

I'm a Heat fanatic from day 1, almost as much as our Dolphins. A few thoughts.

Spurs are the better team this year but, LeBron is the best in the game having a potential Jordan/Kobe effect. Don't know if he can do it 3 more times.

Chalmers has been very disappointing, and need to step up for a game or two. Lewis was negated by Diow (sp). Expect Battier and Haslem to get playing time and inject more life in our D.

SA hit 19 of 21 shots (90%) to open the game. Do not believe they could hit those same shots again if the Heat were not on the court defending.

Home court is no big advantage between these two teams. Guys like James, Wade, Bosh, Allen, Duncan, Parker, Ginobli don't much care, and thrive in playing before hostile crowds. It can make a difference in role players being taken out of what they do though. For some, a bad start with the crowd on them makes them hesitate, and look to pass.

If Miami wins game #4, which I fully expect them to do, it's gonna be one hell of a best of 3. I do belive the Heat will still come out on top but, one or two of the role plays are going to have to step up to take some pressure off of James in at least one game.

I would take that bet, Miami will not go 0-2 at home and go down 3-1 in the series. That is essentially suicide and they know that. I wasn't very happy with LeBron's 14 attempts last night either...he was efficient as he usually is, but definitely needs to be more aggressive.

I think you misunderstood. I'm most definitely on Miami in Game #4, giving the 4 1/2.

Home court does not exist with these two teams, someone on Mike and Mike said something this morning that I could not agree with more. The guest said that both team can win away just as easily as home at any time, and that in this series, home court does not exist, but actually the 1st team that wins two in a row, that will be the team that will have the actual advantage.

Yeah, these two teams can play on a playground, SA, Miami, or on Pluto, and the battle is basically the same.

You are comparing career long stats to individual game stats...completely off base. LeBron going out was his fault? Okay, don't see how that should be a part of the argument but whenever a team's best player goes down...the opponents chances of winning obviously sky rockets....especially when that player is the best in the business and an all time great. Duncan's career long record stats have nothing to do with 2 games that are far from the norm. I congratulate the Spurs for their efforts, but it is an anomaly...which by definition is something that does not happen often. That is exactly what that was.

They really couldn't have won with Wade and Bosh on the floor with Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis? All of those guys are all former all-stars.

Is the 71 pt half an anomaly? I say no.

Versus Portland: Game 1 the Spurs had 65 pts at halftime. Game 2 the Spurs had 70 pts at halftime. Game 3 the Spurs had 60 pts at halftime.
Versus OKC: Game 1 the Spurs had 67 pts at halftime. Game 2 the Spurs had 58 pts at halftime. Game 5 the Spurs had 65 pts at halftime.

It isn't like the Spurs can't score. The shooting % means nothing, it's how many points are scored.

Me mentioning Green and Duncan's records have everything to do with it. It isn't like we're talking about Indiana scoring 70 pts in a half, a team that's never proven or won anything. The Spurs have championship pedigree and it isn't surprising to me at all they had 71 pts at halftime.

They really couldn't have won with Wade and Bosh on the floor with Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis? All of those guys are all former all-stars.

Versus Portland: Game 1 the Spurs had 65 pts at halftime. Game 2 the Spurs had 70 pts at halftime. Game 3 the Spurs had 60 pts at halftime.
Versus OKC: Game 1 the Spurs had 67 pts at halftime. Game 2 the Spurs had 58 pts at halftime. Game 5 the Spurs had 65 pts at halftime.

It isn't like the Spurs can't score. The shooting % means nothing, it's how many points are scored.

Me mentioning Green and Duncan's records have everything to do with it. It isn't like we're talking about Indiana scoring 70 pts in a half, a team that's never proven or won anything. The Spurs have championship pedigree and it isn't surprising to me at all they had 71 pts at halftime.

If people followed them, these debates would be nonexistent.

I'm not denying that they are a great team at all, just like Miami is (and has the potential to be even better than San Antonio has throughout the last 15 years). Miami has a reputation of being a very good defensive team, you won't see San Antonio replicating that success again. It was an anomaly against Miami, even Coach Pop said that in his post game press conference, that it will never happen again. 19 of 21 shooting in a 1st quarter? Hardly the norm, which is why nothing had preceded it, and is now a Finals record. I'm just hoping Miami can push this series to a Game 7, San Antonio is a very tough opponent. Good luck to both squads.

Fair point but, those other teams are no where near close to what Miami can bring on D. For whatever reason, it was not there last night, and I had to sit on my hands in watching it in person. For me, it was the wost game I have ever been to, and there have been many. It reminded me of the Dolphins- Bills game, when nothing was going right in a critical game. On to Game #4.

I think this series is over. I thought the Heat would win the Championship, but they just are not playing well as a team. The Spurs want it more, and they have more depth with Duncan, Ginobli, Parker and Leonard. Unless LeBron, Wade and Allen play lights out, I don't see them winning it. Pop is also out-coaching Spoelstra.

Chalmers should spend the rest of the series on the Bench. :lol:

Is it a surprise pop is out coaching spo? Hes the best coachin the league I like spo but hes no pop

I think this series is over. I thought the Heat would win the Championship, but they just are not playing well as a team. The Spurs want it more, and they have more depth with Duncan, Ginobli, Parker and Leonard. Unless LeBron, Wade and Allen play lights out, I don't see them winning it. Pop is also out-coaching Spoelstra.

Chalmers should spend the rest of the series on the Bench. :lol:

Not by long shot

Chalmers needs to be on the bench or by some miracle pull his head from his behind, despite that arse whipping we've been down 1-2 before so we're not out of this series yet, but we better win game 4 or it's going to be near impossible.

if you need Heat to win the series you have a long way to go, they have an excellent shot but this should be a long series that can go either way and Games 6 & 7 are in SA.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

He's very underrated, puts first class organization together w/ the right people making decisions and isn't afraid to spend. He rarely gets brought up but he is one of the best owners in sports.

hey junc, thoughts on UNCheaters basketball program under Roy Williams? Not looking good hahaa

Back
Top Bottom