2014 NBA Finals discussion | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 NBA Finals discussion

Why do you root for the Dolphins if you hate the fan base so much?

Local fan base is what it is. I have never been a fan of their support post Marino era.

I've met many Phin fans in other cities that I would have np opening my home to.

I'll be attending the DEN game this year, with a outside chance at going to the Ralph with family.

I was pissed at the lack of urgency the team displayed the last two games but it ain't over till it's over.
Every time i've doubted them in the past they proved me wrong so let's win three and ride off into the Texas sunset:brewskis:

Wouldn't surprise me. This team only plays well with their backs against the wall. This spurs team is the wrong team to do that with though

As a betting man, this series is over IMO . . . but my heart as a Heat fan says anything is possible.

They just gotta take 1 game at a time and focus on game 5. Win that, and then get it back home and redeem yourself from these 2 losses. Game 7 anything goes.

It's over....I'm going to be watching Sunday night with a demoralized feeling. Will this be the last time we see Lebron as a member of the Miami Heat?

It's over....I'm going to be watching Sunday night with a demoralized feeling. Will this be the last time we see Lebron as a member of the Miami Heat?

Stay off the radio and TV man . . . drama queens on there I tell ya.

Lebron ain't leaving I think we need to retool tho

Whats silly is you taking it literal.

I will point to one play to make my point.

Leonards dunk. Bosh and Wade I believe were there...neither blocked out or jumped for the ball.

I think Wade is done, that knee of his has been on borrowed time....for a few years. Chalmers/Coles are only rivaled by the pathetic back court of INDY. Bosh is a perimeter threat now with average post skills. Allen is great in bursts, but losses his value starting and running long minutes. Anderson is finished.

What is on display, is one team has 7 legit scorers, the other team has 4. Both teams have champ. pedigree. But one team after last years loss, came in with more in the tank...and something to prove.

Leonard's dunk had nothing to do with the interior block outs or jumping. He came in from the foul line, and had a perfect bounce off the rim, seen it many a time.

Wade missed 28 games, and extended minutes in 3 games in 5 days is too much to expect a lot. Bosh is outside by design to clear the lane for James and Wade, and it has worked well. The difference in depth and it's age is obvious.

My brain says this series is over but my heart still wants to think the Heat can pull off 3 wins in a row.

Any fan saying that any team, in any sport, does not want to win a Title is as silly as silly can be. They work their ass off for months/years to get the chance, which many never get. Sometimes, it's just not good enough.

History says that the Heat are dead. Do not believe that anyone on this team believes it, as well as the Spurs. A two time Champs does not go down easily. Often times they make quite a battle. Not giving up just yet, although I should be.

Agreed. They've been outplayed so far and the fans would rather chalk it up to the Heat not wanting it vs. the more sensible explanation.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Guess what? The shot fell and the Spurs lost. Great players make great plays in those situations.

Where did you see me disagree with that statement?

You never know, we could start getting hot, Spurs could have some easy looks that don't fall for a change, just gotta take it one game at a time, win on Sunday and it's 3-2 and a game back in Miami which is the same position we were in last year.

Leonard's dunk had nothing to do with the interior block outs or jumping. He came in from the foul line, and had a perfect bounce off the rim, seen it many a time.

Wade missed 28 games, and extended minutes in 3 games in 5 days is too much to expect a lot. Bosh is outside by design to clear the lane for James and Wade, and it has worked well. The difference in depth and it's age is obvious.

There was NO bodies on 3 of those Heat players. Yes the lane opened up, but where was the effort? Where was tgeir effort in fighting for the ball?

Also as stated by others in the media, it looked like the Heat checked out in the 2nd qtr of that game. This is perception based on body language and effort.

Again, the Heat have 4 legit scorers...while the Spurs have 7. It is what it is. The over confidence prior to game 4 is now replaced with bitterness by the Heat fan boys.

Agreed. They've been outplayed so far and the fans would rather chalk it up to the Heat not wanting it vs. the more sensible explanation.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Where did you see me disagree with that statement?

What is that you and others don't understand? It was not a literal statement. I have mentioned many other points to my belief on why Miami is losing.

Ray Allan is great in spurts. But not a legit starter anymore.
Wade is showing nothing from his knee. When he and Duncan bumped knees in game 1 or 2, I think it put a fork in Wade.
Bosh is a perimeter player. Who must have some type of presence in the lane.
Chalmers and Coles are pathetic.
Battier minus the flops brings nothing.
Anderson who I've liked since DEN, just looks old.

The whole Miami Heat team minus LeBron, looks old and tired and prior to this series some looked content.

But why you guys keep going back to a statement that wasn't literal or nuanced is petty.

This thread is full of win. :lol:

Unfortunately, it's also WAAAAAY off topic.

Congrats to the OP for his Dolphins tix/prize package winning wager from Game 2 ...

This thread is now being moved/merged to the appropriate place.

Back
Top Bottom