2014 NFL Draft Position Rankings Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 NFL Draft Position Rankings Thread

Not often but I think there is a reason. We run 3-4 wide with diverging routes and usually he is looking at single coverage, either man or zone. The problem is, we have a limited number of routes and with increased snaps I fear there will be higher likelihood of DBs sitting on the routes, more pressures in collapsing pocket and he is not very good in the pocket, and therefore more turnovers.

thats interesting but i hope we use more route combos under this new oc and arent so predictable...and if we can get a solid pass/run blocking line i dont think it will be an issue...hell the only time we could work vertical was off pa this year...

but i can see that concern...not sure i can see it though with the qb with how sound his decision making is...a lot of guys i'd be worried about that...collapsing pockets though dont even allow a qb to climb the pocket especiallyfrom the outside in with a free inside arm like we saw early in the season so if we can get some sound tackles it would be huge and some move guys that fit the scheme...

fix the oline i think we start torching people with tannehill...and if we go with tempo teams won't be able to sit on things as much or work bait calls in on the fly

no need to suspect anything awsi...he just said he was one of the read option qbs in the class...can he run it??? sure...it's not really that hard...but he's not athletic enough to make a living in the pros doing so so he will have to make his living in the pocket...and he's a pocket qb anyways...i dont see elite level presnap reads i see an ok but not great arm i doubt he can throw an 18 yard comeback from the opposite hash without really loading up and not much on the ball...his accuracy on the roll or hoof cant touch tannehills...

i dont see much physical upside really...big guy but not the pocket manager luck is not the tough guy luck is and he throws off his back foot a lot...and if you get a chance watch how he handles clean inside blitzers...he bails out on the throw and it effects his accuracy...

just what i see...not a bad prospect but not one i'd pound the table for either...it's not like he has that run mentaility when his first read is not there like a christian ponder for instance...

Bortles ran read option in the comeback at Louisville as well.

I agree, the team needs more talent, and not just at Oline.

Deep ball is a big concern. Deep ball has always been the function of good running game, good QBing with directing the safeties, and good throwing, good timing, good routes. A lot has to be done right for that to work.

Unless you think he can't withstand the physicality of the NFL, I don't know how you put a 3rd RD grade on Manziel.

Back
Top Bottom