2015 NFL Rookie updates: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 NFL Rookie updates:

I am Bane

BAKLAVA
Reaction score
Something fun... any updates on rookies that we have discussed before and throughout the drafts... post them here. see how the kids are doing so far in their NFL debuts!!!

we can discuss and see how our evaluations may be shining or falling apart!!! :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Danny Shelton- being a presence so far, but is it enough for Cleveland.... especially as Xavier Cooper is showing explosiveness off the line, and overall consistency??? Cooper had a ncie sack in first preseason game!!!

Amari Cooper- just been having a great training camp, and targeted often and early, looking comfortable out there on the field. jsut wait till this kid is dominating out there on the field!!!

LB Ben Heeny- getting a lot of action in Oakland as well, and possibly ould be working his way into starting poistion. at least will defintiely be a big part of the LB rotation. He had a solid preseason game as well. Join him with Mack... we will see

i dont have links to these... but just wanted to start off the thread!!! :tongue:

I. Campbell also played well for Cleveland. Think he's been underrated to this point. Love his balance, poise, and cod.

Haven't seen the game yet, but Carl Davis was described as dominant, and (grain of salt) had the best pff grade of any Baltimore player.

Been a star at camp. FF on his first play last night. Very active. Looks like a high first round pick.

the ability was there.... just sooooo many issues.... i didnt want to touch at all. but here he goes!!!

and Carl Davis wow... nice!!! good to hear there!!! i liked him a lot too!!! Xavier cooper obviously our favorites though :tongue:

In New Orleans: Andrus Peat... many of us could see this coming. And then there is my boy LB- Stephone Anthony LOL!!!

WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W. Va. – A little more than a week into the New Orleans Saints training camp and one conclusion is readily apparent.

The Saints' two first-round draft picks, Andrus Peat and Stephone Anthony, are experiencing vastly different training camps.

Anthony, the 31st overall selection, is starring.

Peat, the No. 13 pick, is struggling.

The rookies' divergent statuses were on display when practice opened on Sunday.

On one field, Anthony took the huddle with the first-team defense and relayed the play call to his teammates as the starting middle linebacker.

On the "B" field, Peat lined up at left guard with the third-string offense, normally a collection of undrafted rookies and long-shot free agent hopefuls.

Since Day One, Anthony has looked like he belongs. He patrols the field from sideline to sideline and carries himself with a confidence that belies his rookie pedigree.

Anthony's starting spot is his to lose. He continued to work with the front-liners Sunday despite the return of veteran Dannell Ellerbe. Veteran David Hawthorne was relegated to the sideline as Anthony worked with the 1s.

If the season began today, Anthony would start in the middle, which would make him the first rookie linebacker to start for the Saints since Courtney Watson in 2004.

One Saints coach privately referred to Anthony as "special" earlier this summer and he has done little in training camp to change the staff's high opinion of him. It speaks to Anthony's maturity and acumen that the staff has given him the responsibility of calling plays so early in his NFL career.

for more: http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/08/stephone_anthony_andrus_peat_e.html
more stuff: http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/08/saints_training_camp_day_5_rew.html

Lets see if Stephone can produce this positive outlook on him on the field though. He seems to be becoming the leader of the absent LBs and defense!!!

Didn't like the Peat pick. Think he can develop into a starting ot, but I had him as my last 2nd rd ot.

i agree.... i was never big on Peat either, especially that high. he is showing slugishness and fatigue issues i have heard as well.

How has Davis Tull looked? He's uber explosive

I haven't heard much on Tull. Seems like he's been battling an injury. I read that he was likely to miss the preseason game against Baltimore, and I didn't see him in the box score. I think he'll be a better pro than Kikaha, but I don't see him playing much in 2015.

Glad to see this thread, I came in here to start the same one.

So far I think my projections have looked pretty solid. Obviously, it's super early.

Watching the vikings game now, seems weird they drafted my boy Steffon Diggs who is very similar to Patterson. Seeks impossible to keep both.

Trae Waynes has looked awful as I expected, Winston looks like the game is faster than he anticipated.

i agree.... i was never big on Peat either, especially that high. he is showing slugishness and fatigue issues i have heard as well.

Another Martin type, same school, same guy that drafted him.

Saints draft was so unorganized and confusing, had Irelands name all over it.

Back
Top Bottom