2015 NFL Rookie updates: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 NFL Rookie updates:

Glad to see this thread, I came in here to start the same one.

So far I think my projections have looked pretty solid. Obviously, it's super early.

Watching the vikings game now, seems weird they drafted my boy Steffon Diggs who is very similar to Patterson. Seeks impossible to keep both.

Trae Waynes has looked awful as I expected, Winston looks like the game is faster than he anticipated.

Waynes has looked bad. I didn't like him either, but it is early, and CB's need time. Like you, though, I'm not very optimistic. Winston looks good to me. That throw to Vincent Jackson - only a handful of NFL QB's make that while taking a hit. The O-line needs to improve quickly, though. He's facing a lot of pressure.

Waynes has looked bad. I didn't like him either, but it is early, and CB's need time. Like you, though, I'm not very optimistic. Winston looks good to me. That throw to Vincent Jackson - only a handful of NFL QB's make that while taking a hit. The O-line needs to improve quickly, though. He's facing a lot of pressure.

Ya there going to depend on Doug Martin a lot to Keep pressure off Winston.

I haven't heard much on Tull. Seems like he's been battling an injury. I read that he was likely to miss the preseason game against Baltimore, and I didn't see him in the box score. I think he'll be a better pro than Kikaha, but I don't see him playing much in 2015.

Kikaha's metrics are gross. VG hand usage though.

We got really lucky in the draft that Waynes was taken at 11 because he could have very well ended up in Miami. I hated the thought of him or Dupree getting picked by us. I really thought Kendricks would get picked ahead of Waynes but it didnt turn out that way.

I havent heard yet how Dupree has looked. Anyone hear anything from him?

Comments were made that if he's not winning off the snap then he's lost.

[vine]https://vine.co/v/epA9d0pzt6F[/vine]

Comments were made that if he's not winning off the snap then he's lost.

[vine]https://vine.co/v/epA9d0pzt6F[/vine]

thanks for that. I thought he was bullied a lot against average talent. Funny that he was going to go 7 yards behind the qb and then circle back to get him.

I havent heard yet how Dupree has looked. Anyone hear anything from him?

He's going to take some time, but come regular season, I expect them to let him from from a wider set - putting less of an emphasis on his ability to bend the edge, which is his main weakness as a pass rusher. In terms of his ability to play on the line and rush the passer, he's the least developed of the top edge players.

Trey Flowers and Danielle Hunter have looked good. Flowers isn't super quick or fast, but he's powerful, explosive, has great hands, and his wingspan is a little longer than Aldon Smith's.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...ron-rodgers/noTMwHgI3KR6SuyMlx5QZK/story.html

He's going to take some time, but come regular season, I expect them to let him from from a wider set - putting less of an emphasis on his ability to bend the edge, which is his main weakness as a pass rusher. In terms of his ability to play on the line and rush the passer, he's the least developed of the top edge players.

Trey Flowers and Danielle Hunter have looked good. Flowers isn't super quick or fast, but he's powerful, explosive, has great hands, and his wingspan is a little longer than Aldon Smith's.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...ron-rodgers/noTMwHgI3KR6SuyMlx5QZK/story.html

That sounds about right for Bud Dupree.... he is extremely raw in many fundamentals, and definitely against the run like you said too. even in that gif above you can see him just trying to use edge speed, no hands, no dip, rip, bend around the edge... no technique!!!

Danielle hunter has been looking good, i always keep an eye on vikings cause of my brother!!!

TJ Clemmings most likely going to start at RT for the Vikings too now... Loadholt tore his achilles yesterday

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see this thread, I came in here to start the same one.

So far I think my projections have looked pretty solid. Obviously, it's super early.

Watching the vikings game now, seems weird they drafted my boy Steffon Diggs who is very similar to Patterson. Seeks impossible to keep both.

Trae Waynes has looked awful as I expected, Winston looks like the game is faster than he anticipated.

actually Waynes has been spoken highly of in Vikings camp, they are liking him a lot and learning well through his mistakes. He most likely wont be starting cause has a lot to work on too. Definitely handsy down field as well in first game, but all rookies are and need to work on that. Waynes is making a lot of nice plays in training camp and on the field, yet getting beat too, but learning from them well they said!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
actually Waynes has been spoken highly of in Vikings camp, they are liking him a lot and learning well through his mistakes. He most likely wont be starting cause has a lot to work on too. Definitely handsy down field as well in first game, but all rookies are and need to work on that. Waynes is making a lot of nice plays in training camp and on the field, yet getting beat too, but learning from them well they said!!!

Not a big PFF fan - not a fan at all, really, but I think they make some correct points in this write up on Waynes.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/04/28/cff-player-profile-trae-waynes-cb/

Not a big PFF fan - not a fan at all, really, but I think they make some correct points in this write up on Waynes.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/04/28/cff-player-profile-trae-waynes-cb/

naw... thats a great read and write up on him... totally agree!!!
i never saw that article before either. thanks for the find!!!

yeah Waynes has a lot to work on as i said above too still. we will see how he does. he has been getting beat a lot, but also has been breaking up plays. its how well he can learn and start to DO on the field!!! and it is the double moves where he has to snap his hips around with good footwork that is eating him up.

:alert:pOSSIBLY BIASED:alert:

Stephone Anthony looked poor, getting to his areas late, not finishing good tackles, etc... in his first true action in the NFL preseason. Yes he is rookie... and yes injuries and the rest of the young thrown together NO Saints defense doesnt help. but Baltimore ran all over them and destroyed them!!!

Quentin Rollins impressing on outside as well:

Rollins was credited with a team-high two pass breakups, but it sure seems like the official stat keepers cheated him out of one. He appeared to break up three balls intended for Josh Boyce -- a fade, a deep ball and a would-be 31-yard touchdown in the end zone he probably should have picked off.

He played almost exclusively on the outside. Early in training camp, he worked mostly as a slot cornerback, while Randall (out with a groin injury) played more outside.

"I really don't care, whatever I can do to help the team," Rollins said after the game. "I just need to put myself in a position whether I am inside or outside, to make a play on the ball."

Gunter, the only player with multiple interceptions of Aaron Rodgers in training camp, made the biggest play on defense when he picked off backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo in the third quarter.

Back
Top Bottom