2015 NFL Rookie updates: | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 NFL Rookie updates:

to center possibly.... wow. i really am curious to see how Washington comes out this year. big question marks for me everywhere

Yeah feeling is that he isn't the talented prospect many thought he was and was more a product of a system and how Iowa plays.

Not to put him down as I think he could be a good player but he has really surprised Washington... and not in a good way

Ameer Abdullah is going to be an elite NFL RB. I like Lamar but damn, really wish we took Abdullah over Jordan Phillips..

[video=youtube;ygW5Y_k6PLg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygW5Y_k6PLg[/video]

Seahawks rookie defensive lineman Frank Clark was all over the place in more ways than one Friday night.

Clark made a team-high nine tackles, including one for a loss, during the Seahawks' preseason opener while playing 51 of 70 defensive snaps. It wasn't just the number of plays that Clark made but where he made them from – all over the defensive line – that stood out.

He was lined up at right defensive end on his first snap, when he beat Denver's left tackle to make a fumble-forcing stop in the backfield. Again lined up at end later in the game, he pushed a guard 3 yards into the backfield to blow up another running play. Clark also played both tackle spots. On one play, he was lined up on the left side then chased down a ballcarrier to make a tackle on a screen pass that went to the other side of the field.

"We're moving him around to see," coach Pete Carroll said afterward. "We're trying to gain some information about where he's most effective. He had a good edge rush and (chased) the football, too. He forced a fumble tonight. He looked really good, so we'll just figure it out and see where he's best suited. It will take us all the way through the preseason to do that."

I saw an interview where Carroll said Clark is the most explosive player they ever drafted. A lot of people were calling Clark a reach - as a player, not just for off-field reasons.

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2797184/Upon-further-review-Seahawks-have-options-with-rookie-Frank-Clark

I didn't even know who clark was tbh.

Scherff got shredded for a sack.
Abdullah looks sharp so far.

Fcking espn is showng buff vs Brown's, interested to see tyrod.

I wanted us to Draft him and start him over henne back in the day hah.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I should have actually looked at Frank Clark. The stuff I heard about him from an off-field standpoint killed my interest in him entirely. As opposed to players who had a bad rap off the field but who I kept hearing good things about the more I dug.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

The guy we're going to be wishing Miami found a way to get in the 2nd round instead of Jordan Phillips (they would have had to move up a couple of spots) is Eric Kendricks. He's superb. Another Kuechly.

I guess I should have actually looked at Frank Clark. The stuff I heard about him from an off-field standpoint killed my interest in him entirely. As opposed to players who had a bad rap off the field but who I kept hearing good things about the more I dug.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

The guy we're going to be wishing Miami found a way to get in the 2nd round instead of Jordan Phillips (they would have had to move up a couple of spots) is Eric Kendricks. He's superb. Another Kuechly.
I think we were hoping he'd fall to us. since he didn't, I won't bemoan the fact that we might have the best DT in a couple years, in like ... ever.

Darby looked great last night, Scherff is a lot more raw than I realized, Nick O' Leary looks useless.

Scherff was overdrafted and asked to be something he is not. Let him slide inside and a war daddy for 12 years.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Are you sure you want to go that far? He's pretty good but Kuechly is a freak. My vote goes towards Ameer Abdullah > Phillips

A few players I have questions about if anyone has seen them:

Chris Conley WR Chiefs
Sammie Coates WR Steelers
Breshad Perriman WR Ravens
Rashad Greene WR Jags
Jake Fisher OT Bengals
Laken Tomlinson OG Lions
Randy Gregory DE Cowboys
Preston Smith OLB Redskins
Bud Dupree OLB Steelers
Byron Jones CB Cowboys
Kevin Johnson CB Texans
Landon Collins SS Giants

Conley I'm curious About myself.
Coates is on the end of the depth chart.
Perriman has been injured.
Dupree got kicked out of practice for fighting, and hasn't really looked good.
Kevin Johnson, my top cb in the draft by far, has been a complete stud. (sorry had to pat myself on the back)
Collins injured.
I didn't even realize the jags got Rashad Greene, what a stacked group of young talented WRs they have.
Anyone I haven't mentioned I haven't heard much about.

And I think it's way to early to talk about who could be better than Phillips. He's a project, who helps to maximize Suh's value, a young DT had to be drafted IMO.

Dupree is going to take some time as a pass rusher. He's not refined, and he lacks ideal length, so it's easier for OL to reach him. I do think, though, that his success is just a matter of time. Too much burst to bust.

Coates is on the end of the depth chart.

I thought Coates had looked ok so far, he's tied for the team lead in receptions through two games with six and he was fourth on the depth chart behind, Brown, Wheaton and Bryant, but he could see more action until Bryant is healthy.

The Chiefs have really high hopes for Conley, but were disappointed he didn't show more in yesterday's game. I guess they like that he is showing a mean streak in practice.

Steelers coaches and players are impressed with COates's work ethic but he's probably gonna be relegated to 4th WR early on. They like how he plays but he's gotta learn Haley's system.

Perriman has been injured, but before his injury he was impressing (granted I think it was one practice)

All I can find about Greene is that he wants to be the punt returner and the Jags think he'll be their slot WR.

Fisher has been injured and because of that is reportedly falling behind the other OL in Cincy.

Tomlinson has been solid and may get a chance to start with Larry Worford picking up an injury.

Gregory has been the best DE in Cowboys camp

Preston Smith is impressing the Skins and will get some looks.

Dupree is more than likely getting a redshirt year. He's looked decent enough in coverage drills, but is WAY behind in pass rushing.

Jones is switching between CB and S and looks like will be a CB for now, but he's had a shoulder injury.

Kevin Johnson is impressing teammates with his tenacity

Collins sprained his MCL last week, but the Giants have high hopes for him

Frank was one of many players in the Brady Hoke era that should have redshirted. He was recruited as a 220 pound LB that we moved DE. And he didn't get consistent PT till his junior year. Before his domestic issue he was really starting to become a dominant player and was arguably right up there with Bosa and Zettel in terms of top Big Ten D-Linemen.

The Chiefs have really high hopes for Conley, but were disappointed he didn't show more in yesterday's game. I guess they like that he is showing a mean streak in practice.

Steelers coaches and players are impressed with COates's work ethic but he's probably gonna be relegated to 4th WR early on. They like how he plays but he's gotta learn Haley's system.

Perriman has been injured, but before his injury he was impressing (granted I think it was one practice)

All I can find about Greene is that he wants to be the punt returner and the Jags think he'll be their slot WR.

Fisher has been injured and because of that is reportedly falling behind the other OL in Cincy.

Tomlinson has been solid and may get a chance to start with Larry Worford picking up an injury.

Gregory has been the best DE in Cowboys camp

Preston Smith is impressing the Skins and will get some looks.

Dupree is more than likely getting a redshirt year. He's looked decent enough in coverage drills, but is WAY behind in pass rushing.

Jones is switching between CB and S and looks like will be a CB for now, but he's had a shoulder injury.

Kevin Johnson is impressing teammates with his tenacity

Collins sprained his MCL last week, but the Giants have high hopes for him

Frank was one of many players in the Brady Hoke era that should have redshirted. He was recruited as a 220 pound LB that we moved DE. And he didn't get consistent PT till his junior year. Before his domestic issue he was really starting to become a dominant player and was arguably right up there with Bosa and Zettel in terms of top Big Ten D-Linemen.

Sky's the limit for Clark. Heading into the draft, he reminded me a lot of Justin Houston - just an overwhelming physical talent.

Back
Top Bottom