2015 NFL Rookie updates: | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 NFL Rookie updates:

The Chiefs have really high hopes for Conley, but were disappointed he didn't show more in yesterday's game. I guess they like that he is showing a mean streak in practice.

Steelers coaches and players are impressed with COates's work ethic but he's probably gonna be relegated to 4th WR early on. They like how he plays but he's gotta learn Haley's system.

Perriman has been injured, but before his injury he was impressing (granted I think it was one practice)

All I can find about Greene is that he wants to be the punt returner and the Jags think he'll be their slot WR.

Fisher has been injured and because of that is reportedly falling behind the other OL in Cincy.

Tomlinson has been solid and may get a chance to start with Larry Worford picking up an injury.

Gregory has been the best DE in Cowboys camp

Preston Smith is impressing the Skins and will get some looks.

Dupree is more than likely getting a redshirt year. He's looked decent enough in coverage drills, but is WAY behind in pass rushing.

Jones is switching between CB and S and looks like will be a CB for now, but he's had a shoulder injury.

Kevin Johnson is impressing teammates with his tenacity

Collins sprained his MCL last week, but the Giants have high hopes for him

Frank was one of many players in the Brady Hoke era that should have redshirted. He was recruited as a 220 pound LB that we moved DE. And he didn't get consistent PT till his junior year. Before his domestic issue he was really starting to become a dominant player and was arguably right up there with Bosa and Zettel in terms of top Big Ten D-Linemen.

Great update!

Any word on Denzel Permyman or Paul Dawson? Two MLB who were talked about a lot pre-draft.
editpost.php

The Chiefs have really high hopes for Conley, but were disappointed he didn't show more in yesterday's game. I guess they like that he is showing a mean streak in practice.

Steelers coaches and players are impressed with COates's work ethic but he's probably gonna be relegated to 4th WR early on. They like how he plays but he's gotta learn Haley's system.

Perriman has been injured, but before his injury he was impressing (granted I think it was one practice)

All I can find about Greene is that he wants to be the punt returner and the Jags think he'll be their slot WR.

Fisher has been injured and because of that is reportedly falling behind the other OL in Cincy.

Tomlinson has been solid and may get a chance to start with Larry Worford picking up an injury.

Gregory has been the best DE in Cowboys camp

Preston Smith is impressing the Skins and will get some looks.

Dupree is more than likely getting a redshirt year. He's looked decent enough in coverage drills, but is WAY behind in pass rushing.

Jones is switching between CB and S and looks like will be a CB for now, but he's had a shoulder injury.

Kevin Johnson is impressing teammates with his tenacity

Collins sprained his MCL last week, but the Giants have high hopes for him

Thanks for the write up Chambers!!!

yeah Bud Smith definitely is redshirting this year lol... raw in many aspects and lacks strength and fundamentals as j-off-her-doll said!!!

Coates i really dont find doing much in Pitt... he is buried in the WR roster, behind some great talents... and if Bryant can become more than a hit or miss big threat WR... i dont see Coates really doing much there. we will see though.

Kevin Johnson always showed that tenacity in college... very firy little guy that plays hard and aggressive... sticking his nose everywhere!!!

ive heard great stuff on Randy Gregory too!!! i think he is definitely making noise to be great!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The little guy from California who is mad quick, great agility... a WR i was looking at way back when. he was flying under the radar completely... here is an article on him... great preseason game too for the Patriots!!!

WR- Chris Harper:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...on-patriots/vGBk52HSYJT93A4OQ1oUTK/story.html

Phillip Dorsett in Indy though is seeming like he is making HUGE strides still in breaking the starting roster possibly... #3 WR? he is showing great feet, getting open consistently with solid route running!!!

to speak on my boy Kendricks.... just want to say he has been extremely solid, being where he needs to be at all times... ZERO missed tackles so far!!!

Josh Robinson... runs like a ball of power you could say of his style. he is impressing as well in Indy so far. I said he reminded me of an Emmitt Smith (obviously not to the calibur) but its just how he runs... here is a little write up on him so far:

The Indianapolis Colts may have found themselves a Day 3 steal in the draft when they took Josh Robinson from Mississippi State. At 5'8", 217 pounds, Robinson is an absolute bowling ball of a runner. His sheer power and balance allow him to bounce through tacklers as if they're nothing.

His first game against the Philadelphia Eagles went the same way Robinson's collegiate games went. In 10 carries, Robinson amassed four missed tackles and 44 yards, per Pro Football Focus. His stature and willingness to fight through contact make him very difficult to stop.

Robinson may not get the starting job this year, but he looks like a solid backup and role player behind Frank Gore. Gore has had injury issues and is aging, so in the event he slows down, the Colts may be just fine with Robinson taking the wheel if need be.

Great update!

Any word on Denzel Permyman or Paul Dawson? Two MLB who were talked about a lot pre-draft.
editpost.php

honestly... i havent heard much at all on these guys.

Perryman is behind some good LBs right now that are making plays... ate up Arizona. But Perryman recorded 5 tackles in both of his preseason games... i am not sure where they were, or what time of playing time he got though.

Dawson all i know is like the #3 WLB in Cincy... I have head absolutely nothing on him. but here is a write up on him from August 7th: http://blogs.bengals.com/2015/08/07/dawson-trusts-his-instincts/

CK, outside of the INT, Yates looked good against the Jets. His team wasn't helping - penalties, drops, poor blocking - but he made some nice throws under duress. Showed the ability to power a ball into a tight window, and he showed touch. Sounds like Atlanta like Renfree, and with Matt Ryan, they probably only keep two QB's. I'd see Yates a legitimate upgrade to Moore.

I'm seeing a lot of criticism for his game, but I have to believe that's people looking at the stat line.

CK, outside of the INT, Yates looked good against the Jets. His team wasn't helping - penalties, drops, poor blocking - but he made some nice throws under duress. Showed the ability to power a ball into a tight window, and he showed touch. Sounds like Atlanta like Renfree, and with Matt Ryan, they probably only keep two QB's. I'd see Yates a legitimate upgrade to Moore.

I'm seeing a lot of criticism for his game, but I have to believe that's people looking at the stat line.

I'd take Yates over Moore all day.

I had him as the same level qb prospect as all the other QBs in that draft. To me there was no difference between any of them, just depended on who a team was willing to reach for.

David Johnson looked great for Arizona. He danced too much a couple of times, but he runs strong and fast, and his COD is outstanding for a guy that size.

After 1 cutup of David Johnson I started driving the bandwagon. Great H/W/SPD guy with great receiving skills.

After 1 cutup of David Johnson I started driving the bandwagon. Great H/W/SPD guy with great receiving skills.

I was curious on him actually and how he was doing.. .especially with the RB woes they have in Arizona and Ellington always hurt. goo to hear on David Johnson like that!!! i gotta look into it more!!!!

another kid to keep an eye on is Jeremy Langford from Michigan State who just seemed to be a workhorse type back always getting the job done, with an interesting running style. all camp i read that he has been looking good, working really hard lifting, learning, developing, and has fully been taken in by Matt Forte as his young padawon, working out and learning a lot from him all summer. Langford did just have a huge run and great game against Indy as well. he loved the fact he was able to get physical out there, especially on special teams too!!!

Dupree looked much better against GB. Pittsburgh put him in situations where he was able to use his burst, bu he also looked stronger when engaged. Very encouraging performance for Bud.

Randy Gregory was competitive in his short time against Staley, and he consistently beat SF's 2nd team OT.

Starting to see some of Abdullah's limitations. He's super quick, but he doesn't consistently break arm tackles, and I think that will limit his upside.

R. Greene looked really good in the slot last night. Not seeing it with Yeldon. Overdrafted in the 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom