2015 NFL Rookie updates: | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 NFL Rookie updates:

Brief words on some WRs:

Tyler Lockett: DESTROYING it in special teams... showing great vision. i want to see more of him on offense though, see what he can offer... but he is doing well it seems so far.
.............. thank you Richard Sherman for video:
[video=youtube;89p72aI5z8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89p72aI5z8Y[/video]

Tre McBride: has been very disappointing from what i heard in Tenn. just a very raw WR who I heard keeps reverting back to sloppy habits he has developed over the years. It was said it doesnt seem like he was fully coached , but instead developed and learned himself... and its showing.

....... here is a small article on him... i dont think this author is a great source though: http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/...see-titans-could-end-up-elsewhere-after-cuts/

Justin Hardy... MY BOY!!!: he has been having an awesome camp in Atlanta. came in with a great work ethic and is taking coaching well from Robiskie (great WR coach) and also from Jones and Roddy White. They all, as well as Ryan, have given him props all camp!!! this kid can be starting and stepping up early for Atlanta. Hands, routes, footwork, etc!!!

Ty Montgomery: GB... injuries everywhere so far. This kid may get his chance right away. I wasnt big on him at all out of college, but hey, if you got Rodgers throwing the ball... who knows. keep an eye on him here..... does anyone have any info how his camp has been???

Austin Hill: from Arizona... not sure if he is fully healthy as it is from his knee injury from 2014... but he was released from the Jets a bit ago... i think his second team that released him. not looking good at all.

Didn't some people want us to raft hill in like the first half of the draft? I didn't know much about him but jever understood hype either.

Ty Montgomery will drop catches on his way back to the bench, I'm sure of it.

Hardy will have Roddys job as #2 by kid season if not much earlier.

Lockett is electric, I think we all saw that, will be interesting to see if Russ can get the ball to him consistently.

Just keep in mind that it's still way too early to draw any type of reasonable conclusions on these rookies. There's been too many pro bowlers that couldn't make the roster with their original teams and were cut. Conversely, you have guys that come into the league and win ROY Awards that fizzle out.... just ask the Redskins and Robert Griffin III.

It's always at least 3 years down the road before you can evaluate a draft class. None of what you're seeing so far means anything other than potentially earning roster spots for this season.

Just keep in mind that it's still way too early to draw any type of reasonable conclusions on these rookies. There's been too many pro bowlers that couldn't make the roster with their original teams and were cut. Conversely, you have guys that come into the league and win ROY Awards that fizzle out.... just ask the Redskins and Robert Griffin III.

It's always at least 3 years down the road before you can evaluate a draft class. None of what you're seeing so far means anything other than potentially earning roster spots for this season.

oh no doubt!!!!

its just fun to see how they are doing right now in their development, where they stand and working within the team.

its even more fun to see where they are at a few years down the road too!!! i love the ones that do take time to develop, but end up on another team threw free agency, scout team, etc... after being cut.

I always remember the Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams or Cedric Benson debate. During the first year everybody was saying Williams should have been the the pick. After a couple of years the tide had turned and Brown was the right call. And as they got older Benson, who some had viewed as a bust was more productive than Brown and Williams was out of the league.

A similar scenario could be in the works with RG3, Andrew Luck and Tannehill. RG3 was the talk of the town as a rookie, Luck and Russell Wilson are in the spot light now, but in a few years Tannehill might be viewed as the best quarterback in that draft class.

Completely agree, which is why its important for us to get our "I told you so" in now before were proven wrong. :p

tonight and this weekend... a lot of last chances for some of these guys, or opportunities for these guys to gain starting nods, move up in the depth chart, or even make the team!!!

season is coming soon!!! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Ali Marpet from Hobart...... said to be having an inconsistent camp, and preseason. very shaky in games and struggling with pass protection.

Ali Marpet from Hobart...... said to be having an inconsistent camp, and preseason. very shaky in games and struggling with pass protection.

Never understood why people liked him so much.

Dawson on fhe other hand wss written off by a lot of people here, he's looked every bit as good as his college tape, despite his bad combine #s.

Tyler Lockette, smh, every tape in the world told you he Would on par with TY Hilton and yet teams still let these smaller WRs drop. These scouts cant hlp themselves from making the same mistakes over snd over.

Any word on Dorsett?

“@JasonColeBR: #Bucs put rookie WR Kenny Bell on IR, as many expected”

First time I've heard his name since draft, to bad about the injury.

“@JasonColeBR: #Bucs put rookie WR Kenny Bell on IR, as many expected”

First time I've heard his name since draft, to bad about the injury.

yeah he has been hurt like all camp

Dorsett I wrote up on earlier in this thread. He has been playing great in Indy, pushing to be the #3 WR over Moncrief. I think he will be that too. He has shown he has the speed but also has the route running ability, he has been all over the field. He has been out though with a muscle injury in his leg past couple preseason games though... but should be fine for the start of the season. He could be a solid rookie WR this year in that offense!!!

Randy Gregory in Dallas, and Shane Ray in Denver (if Ray really can get a lot of time on the field this season) are looking like two studs that are ready to play!!!

Danny Shelton and Xavier Cooper are going to be incredible together in Cleveland... already both have been dominating against the run, and cooper is applying pressure taboot!!!

Green Bay rookies will be interesting to keep an eye on in the secondary... Quentin Rollins having a shocking camp, Damarious Randall moved to possibly playing CB, and even Ladarius Gunter playing well.... say what???

Stephone Anthony no doubt will be starting ILB in new Orleans, but he has been having a not so good preseason. He has been bad against the run, pass, positioning, etc... PFF even has him ranked as the worst rookie out there. Not looking good at this moment.

Always liked Ray, never understood the hate against him. he's going to get his sacks, no doubt about it. But ya, he def has major weaknesses.

Never understood the hate against shelton either. Big boy can freaking move.

Damaryius Randall was one of my biggest WTF reactions in the draft, didnt see that kind of value.

Anthony doesn't seem to be able to know when to go fast or when to go slow, he's either late, or overpersues.

Always liked Ray, never understood the hate against him. he's going to get his sacks, no doubt about it. But ya, he def has major weaknesses.

Never understood the hate against shelton either. Big boy can freaking move.

Damaryius Randall was one of my biggest WTF reactions in the draft, didnt see that kind of value.

Anthony doesn't seem to be able to know when to go fast or when to go slow, he's either late, or overpersues.

people were talking up o Randall... i never expected him to be moving to CB though possibly for GB... but maybe he goes back to safety the way Rollins has been playing, and the big surprise of Gunter. He is shocking me more than anything.

Anthony is just contstantly lost on the field, poor cues and reads, poor angles and cant disengage... its all in his college film, many many reasons why i totally said no to him. we will see if he can learn and develop though. he is young and VERY athletic.

Ray is doing well in all aspects so ya know too.... pass rush and against the run. I think his attitude/issues or whatever with combine and such (i dont fully remember right now actually) brought his drop in the draft.

Xavier Cooper I personally think is outplaying Shelton... but Shelton is totally dominating against the run. just is not applying any pressure at all into the QB or backfield, where cooper is doing that,a well as dominating the run with great reads and angles. Those two though i nfuture... damn gonna be nice!!!

Dominant performance by Clark: As impressive as Lockett was, rookie Frank Clark might have been better. On one series, Clark knifed into the backfield for a tackle for loss. He then came on a stunt and created disruption that led to a sack. On third down, Clark bull-rushed the Raiders' left tackle, putting him on his backside. During a later series, Clark used a speed move off the right edge to sack and strip Raiders QB Matt McGloin in the end zone. Jordan Hill recovered the fumble for the touchdown. Overall, Clark had four tackles (three solo), a sack, a tackle for loss and a QB hit. He was going up against backups, but dominated.

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-sea...frank-clark-star-in-seahawks-preseason-finale

Back
Top Bottom