2015 NFL Rookie updates: | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 NFL Rookie updates:

Mariota was very impressive. I do think he will crash down to earth against a team that isn't the listless Bucs, but I still think he's going to develop into a good one.

Well the general forum is a complete hell hole, amd is completely unbearable so let's talk rooks week 1.

Abdullah showing why I had him graded as a 1st rnd pick and as the most dynamic player in the draft.

Darby has surprised even me, he's made a huge jump since college, and that buff defense is scary.

I'm not surprised about Mariota, his short comings were overstated IMO.

Seeing Jordan Phillips get that sack was awesome, may nit be kong until he breaks into the starting lineup.

Lockette is just insane, I'd love to see what he could do with 8+ targets a game.

And not a rookie but someone we've talked About a lot, Has Tavon Austin finally turned a corner? Man, I forgot how freaking fast and quick he is, watching him absolutely go off in every way possible was awesome.

on Tavon, they're at least finally trying to not use him as just a WR

Just some rookie thoughts from the Vikings game:

Gerald Hodges started and played the main downs mostly for the Vikings. He started off horrible though. Couldnt make reads, wasnt disengaging blocks, and was getting suffocated in the middle. Later in the game he was looking a little better, but mostly that was just his flow to the sidelines... where he looked decent!!! otherwise did not have a good game.

Eric Kendricks basically played on passing downs and third downs. Early on he applied some great pressure up the middle on some blitzes. First (or second) drive of San Fran in the red zone he popped and bull rushed up the middle, driving the lineman backwards, and forcing Kaepernick to throw a bad pass early on third down. He showed the aggressive pop he had in college, and possibly even more strength now than I expected. He was under control and in position. In coverage he was smart as always, tackled Vernon Davis right away after giving up a reception for a first (because it seemed Kaepernick was going to escape right up the middle for a huge run). Kendricks looked great for the time he was out there!!!

........... small update: Kendricks still going to play limited snaps with nickel package and third downs mostly. Zimmer is waiting to see more from him, as Hodges has "a foot over the fence" so far, even though he played quite poorly against San Fran.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mariota was very impressive. I do think he will crash down to earth against a team that isn't the listless Bucs, but I still think he's going to develop into a good one.

I think Mariota could easily have an RG3 kind of rookie season. Tennessee ran a lot of college offense in Week 1, and I think that will continue. As long as he stays healthy, he should put up nice numbers.

I think Mariota could easily have an RG3 kind of rookie season. Tennessee ran a lot of college offense in Week 1, and I think that will continue. As long as he stays healthy, he should put up nice numbers.

Yea Tennessee done a good job of game planning around what Mariota is good at doing rather them asking him do things that he's not.

AWESOME ARTICLE ON ROOKIE LBs HERE!!! GOOD READ.... but yes only from week 1... but interesting!!!

Athletic Ability vs. Football Ability: Stephone Anthony vs. Paul Dawson

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...ball-ability-stephone-anthony-vs-paul-dawson/

it speaks much on what the college football tapes showed, compared to what the combine showed, and how these guys have so far performed and thrived in camps as well as on the field!!! Great read once again!!!

Can't remember the last rookie cb that looked as good as Marcus Peters did last night. Even the passes that were caught against him, the coverage was tight.

There was an Arizona st receiver everyone was in love with. Can't remember who took him though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can't remember the last rookie cb that looked as good as Marcus Peters did last night. Even the passes that were caught against him, the coverage was tight.

he has been quite impressive all camp, preseason, and now into the season. Besides the couple very nice INTs, he has many pass deflections ans well as tight coverage on some top WRs in the league all throughout the games. tackling as well has been better than i expected.

once again i just hope he continues working, getting spoken of highly, with no head or off field issues. Good luck Peters!!!

There was an Arizona st receiver everyone was in love with. Can't remember who took him though.

I believe you are speaking of Jaelen Strong who was drafted by the Houston Texans. He was struggling early in camp, but has been spoken highly on how he has been learning and studying and developing... he had a Strong (pun???) game towards the end of preseason I remember, where he used his body and frame well and made some plays. I think Nate Washington has been tutoring him basically and helping him out.

from what I know is that he may be like the #4 WR there, not sure if looking to move up yet for he has a lot more development ahead.

I believe you are speaking of Jaelen Strong who was drafted by the Houston Texans. He was struggling early in camp, but has been spoken highly on how he has been learning and studying and developing... he had a Strong (pun???) game towards the end of preseason I remember, where he used his body and frame well and made some plays. I think Nate Washington has been tutoring him basically and helping him out.

from what I know is that he may be like the #4 WR there, not sure if looking to move up yet for he has a lot more development ahead.
Thanks. That's the guy I was talking about. I knew he was going to make a roster with someone.

I went through the texans message board trying to find a thread with his name in it and the closest thread u could find that I thought would mention him was one about possible rookie starters. 2 pages of nothing but arguing about what constitutes a starter. Lol.

WEEK 2 ROOKIE RB TDs:

David Johnson 108 yard kickoff return
David Johnson 13 yard run (watch him slowly take over Chris Johnson)
Jeremy Langford 1 yard run (if Forte ever goes down???)
Karlos Williams 2 yard run (second of season)
Tevin Coleman 1 yard run (hurt his wrist a bit later though)
Matt Jones 39 yard run
Matt Jones 3 yard run (impressive 19-123-6.5 day for him!!!)

i will throw in:
Jameis Winston had a 1 yard run
DGB had one catch for a 13 yard TD
Amari Cooper went 7 for 109 and that big 68 yard TD reception

and lets see what Josh Robinson of Indy can do against the Jets tonight!!! and WR wise Phillip Dorsett!!!

I was a big fan of Josh Robinson's college tape, and it's hard to evaluate him vs the jets and bills.

But he went from the bully to the bullied.

I was a big fan of Josh Robinson's college tape, and it's hard to evaluate him vs the jets and bills.

But he went from the bully to the bullied.

i want to thumbs you down.... but only because of this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...espns-steve-levy-before-monday-night-football

joshrobinsonvideobombedstevelevymondayni-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom