2015 NFL Rookie updates: | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 NFL Rookie updates:

Kwon Alexander has been the best of this rookie class so far, imo, in terms of impact and outplaying his draft position. 4th rounder who already beat out a just-signed Bruce Carter for the starting MLB job in Tampa. Kid is KILLING it. And he just turned 21 in August. Looks like a fantastic pick for the Bucs.

“@viccarucci: #Bills cut rookie TE Nick O'Leary to make room for Matt Cassel's return.”

Def my biggest miss in this draft. If he can't make it on a roster backing up Clay he really is going to struggle to make it on any roster.

I always knew he was physically limited, I figured he could find a niche like Woodhead, clearly he can't.

In other news, got David Johnson and Agholor in all of my fantasy drafts, pretty excited about it too.

“@viccarucci: #Bills cut rookie TE Nick O'Leary to make room for Matt Cassel's return.”

Def my biggest miss in this draft. If he can't make it on a roster backing up Clay he really is going to struggle to make it on any roster.

I always knew he was physically limited, I figured he could find a niche like Woodhead, clearly he can't.

In other news, got David Johnson and Agholor in all of my fantasy drafts, pretty excited about it too.

Buffalo is a bad spot for him as they want him to be a blocker first

Buffalo is a bad spot for him as they want him to be a blocker first

I don't know. Where is a good fit? If he's not going to excel as a blocker first, is it hard to find a guy to sit down for a 5-yard curl? He's not going to threaten down the deep middle. LB's will have no problem matching his speed.

I don't know. Where is a good fit? If he's not going to excel as a blocker first, is it hard to find a guy to sit down for a 5-yard curl? He's not going to threaten down the deep middle. LB's will have no problem matching his speed.

well said... i totally agree, was going to comment but couldnt put the words together. Good call!!!

not many TEs were impressive at all once again this past draft, and he was one guy in that mix that many werent seeing much out of. I wonder how the other TEs are doing actually.... its something i really havent even looked into at all. Even Maxx Williams and Clive Waford.

In Kansas City.... from the start of camp till the end of camp CB- Marcus Peters has been the talk in Kansas City. He has been lighting it up with speed, and athleticism, as well as big play making ability, with constant INTs and pass break ups. He has earned a starting roll and has earned a lot of respect from the people around him. Andy Reid has liked him a lot since he came in, says he is a hard worker as well as needs to go into the season and prove he can be consistent, which he believes that he can.

Gil Brandt said this of Marcus Peters:
To me, Peters was the most talented cornerback in the draft, and I think he slipped to 18th overall because other people didn't do the background work on him that the Chiefs did. Yes, he was dismissed from Washington last November, but in my personal dealings with him, he's been a really good guy. In fact, I like his demeanor; rather than hanging his head after he gets beaten on the field, he comes right up, smacks his fist into his hand and says, "Throw it at me again!" He's an accept the challenge guy, and you like to see that in a corner. Andy Reid and defensive coordinator Bob Sutton seem to get the most out of their players, and I think Peters will negate plenty of potential catches this season

..... on a side note CB- Steven Nelson made the 53 and had a decent camp, but most likely will be used mostly as a special teamer. i not totally sure on this.

Dallas CB- Byron Jones is going to be playing two positions this year, as Dallas has been struggling with injuries in the secondary. He has been said to be showing capability of playing both FS and CB, and hasnt shown a sign of sensory overload or anything to say he cant. He has had a tough camp with a shoulder injury he battled through, but has shown a lot of positive ability that the cowboys have great faith in him.

NO CB- PJ Williams is out for the season with a torn hamstring... stinks for the kid

CB- Jalen Collins:
Jalen Collins, CB: The rookie second-round draft pick from LSU was expected to immediately challenge Robert Alford for a starting role outside at corner. Instead, Collins struggled with his technique and discipline, making him a daily punching bag for Jones and other receivers. In all fairness, Collins' growth was stunted by pre-draft foot surgery. He's going to make rookie mistakes, but Collins has to start showing signs of the promise the Falcons saw in him.

CB- D'Joun Smith may be starting in Indy due to Toler having bad neck issues. He obviously has great speed and foot quickness he impressed with all college, but he has been struggling often throughout camp... looking confused, lost, with technique and letting up big gains at times. Pagano said what he likes is that the rookie has been learning throughout each... but he still is a rookie. (something to watch against Buffalo)

Carl Davis in Baltimore is ready to take on his starting role. He was having a great camp and preseason games... being extremely disruptive, playing hard and getting tons and tons of reps that many were saying he took great advantage of. It'll be fun to watch him and see if he can fill in the big DT role Baltimore has traditionally had.

“@RapSheet: The #Saints placed OLB Davis Tull on Injured Reserve with a torn labrum, source said. The other shoulder from his college injury.”

Tough news for Tull. He showed some during preseason.

Collins lacked polish entering the draft. It's why Johnson and Waynes went before him. The talent is undeniable, and I think the Vikings made a mistake drafting Waynes, but the need for refinement made Collins a mid/late first to me. Once Quinn gets him dialed in, he should be a quality CB.

Seems kind of crazy Dallas is teaching Byron Jones 2 positions in his rookie year.

And for all the talk about baltimores draft, Carl Davis is the only guy who has shown anything and he was probably the least talked up prospect of there last class.

I was a huge fan of Buck Alen and apparently he been a big disappointment.

Seems kind of crazy Dallas is teaching Byron Jones 2 positions in his rookie year.

And for all the talk about baltimores draft, Carl Davis is the only guy who has shown anything and he was probably the least talked up prospect of there last class.

I was a huge fan of Buck Alen and apparently he been a big disappointment.

yeah Carl Davis played okay to for his first game!!!

I remember J-off-her-doll and I talking a lot on him all off season... we kinda wanted him to come in!!!

but HEY... Phillips with his sack on the first time he touched the field!!! gotta love that!!!

.............. and yeah that stinks for Tull too, he seemed like a good prospect. hope he heals, lifts, and hits the books and film forever now. especially to play in NO, who they going to have at ILB??? Stephone Anthony... LOL good god... 3 tackles, not great start to his career... where were ya man? lost in your blocks?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the start for Ronald Darby though in buffalo... some great coverage throughout, a big INT and a couple awesome pass breakups!!! impressive start for a kid Andrew Luck was going to test all game long most likely, guarding some tough WRs in Indy!!!

Marcus Mariota 13/16 209 13.1 4 0 2-24 95.7 158.3 ........... wow!!! yes it may only be Tampa Bay, but Marcus Mariota had an awesome day. This isnt the Tenn team we are used to at all. 42 points scored??? Four touchdowns thrown for the rookie, and a clean sheet. Gotta be impressed with all this, especially with the not so great roster around him.

Marcus Peters had 7 tackles... thats kind of shocking to me, but had a great read for an INT plus a few pass deflections as well. Great start to his career here... keep that head man, keep working. You can be!!!

Well the general forum is a complete hell hole, amd is completely unbearable so let's talk rooks week 1.

Abdullah showing why I had him graded as a 1st rnd pick and as the most dynamic player in the draft.

Darby has surprised even me, he's made a huge jump since college, and that buff defense is scary.

I'm not surprised about Mariota, his short comings were overstated IMO.

Seeing Jordan Phillips get that sack was awesome, may nit be kong until he breaks into the starting lineup.

Lockette is just insane, I'd love to see what he could do with 8+ targets a game.

And not a rookie but someone we've talked About a lot, Has Tavon Austin finally turned a corner? Man, I forgot how freaking fast and quick he is, watching him absolutely go off in every way possible was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom