2016 AFC playoff predictions: South, West appear wide open | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 AFC playoff predictions: South, West appear wide open

Both offenses looked better than expected, and those two TO's are the difference. Denver should have a top-5, or so, running game this year, and Carolina looks poised to post a top-5 offense.

If Carolina showed this patience in the SB, they would have won.

I do mean reduce the number of throws, yes. But, that has more to do with the Denver D than Newton.

>60% career completion percentage suggests it's not just Denver's D. That's pretty bad in this day and age. Newton can do a lot of different things, and do them well, but accuracy is not one of his better qualities.

Neither are his Phillip River's impressions.

>60% career completion percentage suggests it's not just Denver's D. That's pretty bad in this day and age. Newton can do a lot of different things, and do them well, but accuracy is not one of his better qualities.

Neither are his Phillip River's impressions.

Cam pushes the ball downfield more than most QB's. His career YPA is 7.6, which is pretty efficient - better than Brady's (7.4) and close to guys like Rodgers (8.0), Big Ben (7.8), and P. Manning (7.7). With all that he can do on a given drop back, I like putting the ball in Newton's hands. But, you want to limit any QB's exposure to that Denver D. It's too fast and too good. Particularly in a regular season game, I wouldn't want my QB taking the beating that the Denver D absolutely will put on any QB that throws 30+ times.

I don't like predictions, but I will for ****s and giggles...

AFC

East: Pats
North: Steelers
South: Jags
West: Broncos

Wildcards: Dolphins, Chiefs

NFC

East: Cowboys
North: Packers
South: Panthers
West: Seattle

Wildcards: Cardinals, Buccaneers

I'm throwing some Bias for the Phins and Jameis....

Back
Top Bottom