2016 Coaching Data Base | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 Coaching Data Base

Pagano has been screwed by his GM but I agree no interest in him.

So things arent so rosy in Indy or Cleveland either....meanwhile the established front offices just keep humming along...

I guess if you conflate winning and not being an automaton with charisma then ok

Mike Wallace on Joe Philbin: "He is a pretty boring dude, but I guess he's alright."

Carson Palmer on Bruce Arians: "I love the head coach. I mean, I love the head coach. He keeps it real. He already has this team wrapped around his finger. And we have some talented players in this locker room."

Mike Wallace on Joe Philbin: "He is a pretty boring dude, but I guess he's alright."

Carson Palmer on Bruce Arians: "I love the head coach. I mean, I love the head coach. He keeps it real. He already has this team wrapped around his finger. And we have some talented players in this locker room."

I can't disagree with you in fact I would say Belichik has a ton more personality than Philbin(I am back-pedalling I admit). still I can't really give 2 ****s about the charisma of a candidate. is the candidate an alpha male who can deal with grown men? very important. I would say that Todd Bowles is that guy and he has seemingly little personality

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Philbin couldn't deal with grown men and coincidentally had the personality of a CPA

If you can't command and lead, you can't be a high end NFL head coach. That's easily the first requirement you need in a coach. Philbin didn't have it. You can command and lead from Don Shula, Bill Cowher or Jim Harbaugh presence on the one hand, or from a Joe Gibbs or Bill Walsh style on the other hand. Either way, you have to be able to lead with presence and total command.

Arians is a great leader. Philbin can't even articulate himself. Sparano couldn't either. You laugh at those clowns when they talk.

The Dolphins need to get away from these Cam Cameron, Sparano, Philbin inarticulate buffoons with no presence or command. A head football needs to lead men. The players need to believe in his program.

If you can't command and lead, you can't be a high end NFL head coach. That's easily the first requirement you need in a coach. Philbin didn't have it. You can command and lead from Don Shula, Bill Cowher or Jim Harbaugh presence on the one hand, or from a Joe Gibbs or Bill Walsh style on the other hand. Either way, you have to be able to lead with presence and total command.

Arians is a great leader. Philbin can't even articulate himself. Sparano couldn't either. You laugh at those clowns when they talk.

The Dolphins need to get away from these Cam Cameron, Sparano, Philbin inarticulate buffoons with no presence or command. A head football needs to lead men. The players need to believe in his program.

Precisely.

Downplay charisma at your own peril. To me, it's the number one thing a HC candidate needs. They must be able to communicate effectively with every player on the team. A coach without that ability is dead in the water.

Arians, Harbaugh, even Belichick (in his own way) have that ability in spades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...chick-chip-kellys-firing-really-disappointing

Bill Belichick: Chip Kelly's firing 'really disappointing'

"I mean Chip Kelly to me is a really good football coach," Belichick said. "I think he does a great job. I think he's done a good job with that team. It's disappointing to see. Or Josh [McDaniels] in Denver -- there are a lot of examples, but pretty much everybody is on a one-year contract in this league. I don't know how you build a program in one year.

"Chip is a great coach. He'll end up somewhere and he'll do a great job there. I'd say a lot of the players that were on the Eagles that are no longer on the Eagles aren't really doing too much for anybody else, either."

It's an interesting reaction from the most successful NFL coach of the 21st century. Belichick clearly respects Kelly's football acumen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hing-candidates-the-buzz-on-the-hottest-names

Adam Gase, offensive coordinator, Chicago Bears

NFL head-coaching record: n/a
Possible fits: Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins, Detroit Lions

The buzz around Gase: Will be at the top of a number of lists because of his ability to work with quarterbacks, but just as important might be his ability to manage different personalities. The last two signal callers he has coached (Peyton Manning, Jay Cutler) are strong-willed in different ways, and this Nick Saban protégé found a way to get the most out of both of them while building strong relationships with each. Gase was pursued by Cleveland two years ago, and if Manning were to be hired in a front-office capacity (as some have speculated) by Browns owner Jimmy Haslam (who liked Gase quite a bit), he'd be a natural there. He's from the Detroit area, and a team -- like the Lions (or Dolphins) -- that needs to get more out of a high-priced quarterback should be intrigued.

Hue Jackson, offensive coordinator, Cincinnati Bengals

NFL head-coaching record: 8-8 (Oakland Raiders, 2011)
Possible fits: San Francisco 49ers, Miami Dolphins, Tennessee Titans

The buzz around Jackson: Jackson has waited his turn for a second shot after acquitting himself pretty darn well in his one-year head-coaching debut in Oakland. The job he's done with Andy Dalton and AJ McCarron is the shiny object for all to fixate on, but the ex-Raider head man also spent time coaching on the defensive side during this four-year stint as a Bengal assistant. His ties to the Bay Area would make him a natural in San Francisco, and Dolphins executive vice president Mike Tannenbaum actually served as Jackson's agent before being brought on full-time in Miami. The Titans merit mention, as well, because of their young quarterback and Jackson's experience developing guys at that position.

Chip Kelly, unemployed

NFL head-coaching record: 26-21 (Philadelphia Eagles, 2013-15)
Possible fits: Tennessee Titans, Miami Dolphins, San Francisco 49ers

The buzz around Kelly: So ... This is a new one. Per sources, Kelly intimated to people on Tuesday night, after his firing in Philly, a desire to stay in the NFL. And there's reason to think he can succeed there. The bottom line, as those in the Eagles' building see it: The deconstruction of his running game over the last three years led to his demise. Having a quarterback who runs isn't required for Kelly's scheme, but it helps. And while you don't need superstar guards, having competent players at those spots would've helped, too, as would have better planning at tailback. (If Frank Gore signs, DeMarco Murray never lands there, and the dynamic is different.) The truth is, Kelly needs a run game like most teams need a quarterback. When that failed him in Philly, the rest of the operation suffered badly. So the idea that pairing him with the right personnel man who can help him build the team his way could work isn't crazy. And Tennessee is the obvious place for him to do it.

Jim Mora, head coach, UCLA

NFL head-coaching record: 31-33 (Atlanta Falcons, 2004-06; Seattle Seahawks, 2009)
Possible fits: San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers, Miami Dolphins

The buzz around Mora: There are two sides to this. On one hand, there have been rumblings that Mora would like to get back into the NFL. On the other, he has an incredibly promising true freshman quarterback (Josh Rosen) to build around in Westwood. Mora's run in Atlanta did include an appearance in the NFC title game, and he was only fired after he made eyes at his alma mater, Washington, late in the 2006 season. And it's hard to kill him for what happened with the Seahawks: He got one season with a roster in complete disrepair that Pete Carroll and John Schneider gutted the following year. The Charger job is one the rumor mill has connected him to, which makes sense geographically (if the team goes to L.A., L.A. already knows Mora), and also because GM Tom Telesco has ties to Mora's dad.

Kyle Shanahan, offensive coordinator, Atlanta Falcons

Possible fits: Indianapolis Colts, Tennessee Titans, Miami Dolphins

The buzz around Shanahan: Atlanta's late-season swoon isn't going to help Shanahan, but his work with the running game and setting up Julio Jones for a career year certainly will. Shanahan's work with a host of different types of quarterbacks, along with his adaptability (see: 2012 Redskins), make him very much a candidate for today's NFL. It'd be interesting to see Shanahan paired with Andrew Luck. But he might be more attractive to teams like the Titans and Dolphins, who have quarterbacks with unconventional backgrounds.

Mike Shula, offensive coordinator, Carolina Panthers

Possible fits: Tennessee Titans, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles

The buzz around Shula: This wouldn't be Shula's first shot as a head coach: He preceded Saban at his alma mater, took the Alabama job under very adverse circumstances and helped set the stage for the success to come. He was fired from that job, so a deeper look into what went wrong in Tuscaloosa would be merited. But in the time since, he's clearly distinguished himself with his work first as Cam Newton's position coach (2011-12) and then as his coordinator (2013-present), and he has 24 seasons as an NFL assistant on his résumé. Teams that have passers who came into the league a little raw (Marcus Mariota, Ryan Tannehill) have taken notice.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ell-fire-assistants-if-hes-not-fired-himself/

Pettine indicates he’ll fire assistants, if he’s not fired himself

Browns coach Mike Pettine knows some coaches are going to lose their jobs over this failure of a season. He’s just not sure if he’ll be one of them.

Pettine isn’t willing to divulge what he’s discussed with Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, but it’s safe to say that if Haslam doesn’t fire Pettine, Pettine will need to fire some of his assistants.

“Those discussions will remain between Jimmy and I,” Pettine said, via Cleveland.com. “Will there likely be some changes? If I were to stay here, it would be hard to justify keeping the staff completely together, and there likely would have to be some changes made, but I won’t get into specifics.”

I like Pettine but he ****ed up badly by taking the Cleveland job.

Neil Stratton @InsideTheLeague
We're hearing #Texans will move GM Rick Smith into upper mgmt role (Pres.?) and elevate Brian Gaine to GM. Timing unclear; may be post-draft

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/31/report-colts-plan-to-fire-pagano/

Report: Colts plan to fire Pagano, undecided on Grigson

The Colts are planning to fire coach Chuck Pagano, ESPN’s Mike Wells reported.

The news attributed to Wells flashed across the network’s breaking news ticker around 3:20 p.m. Thursday.

Pagano took over in 2012 and the Colts went 11-5 in each of his first three seasons. Wednesday, Wells wrote about the “toxic” relationship between Pagano and Colts general manager Ryan Grigson, who also took over in 2012.

Wells reported that Grigson is not guaranteed to remain in his job for 2016.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/31/report-colts-plan-to-fire-pagano/

Report: Colts plan to fire Pagano, undecided on Grigson

The Colts are planning to fire coach Chuck Pagano, ESPN’s Mike Wells reported.

The news attributed to Wells flashed across the network’s breaking news ticker around 3:20 p.m. Thursday.

Pagano took over in 2012 and the Colts went 11-5 in each of his first three seasons. Wednesday, Wells wrote about the “toxic” relationship between Pagano and Colts general manager Ryan Grigson, who also took over in 2012.

Wells reported that Grigson is not guaranteed to remain in his job for 2016.

Not a Pagano fan....but Grigson needs to be shown the door. That guy is a maniac....

Although, is Irsay keeps him, it might help move good candidates our way.

Back
Top Bottom