2016 Coaching Data Base | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 Coaching Data Base

Neil Stratton @InsideTheLeague
We're hearing #Texans will move GM Rick Smith into upper mgmt role (Pres.?) and elevate Brian Gaine to GM. Timing unclear; may be post-draft

Good for Gaine seemed like a decent guy when he was here....

Happy for Gaine. When Joe was retained, I thought Gaine should have been elevated to the GM post.

Maine grad.

so according to MMQB people around the league feel the top 10 candidates (not including college coaches) are.

1.Hue Jackson OC, Bengals
2.Sean McDermott DC, Panthers
3.Josh McDaniels OC, Patriots
4.Doug Marrone AHC, Jags
5.Adam Gase OC, Bears
6.Teryl Austin DC, Lions
7.Matt Patricia DC, Patriots
8.Jim Schwartz
9.Mike Shula OC, Panthers
10.Tom Cable AHC/OL Coach, Seahawks

Many feel that McDaniels and Schwartz have done a good job reinventing themselves and learning from their past failures.

People are impressed with Cable's work in Seattle but breaking one of his assistant's jaws in Oakland is something that is a huge red flag.

Impressed with what Austin has done with a defense that lost a lot of players due to FA and injury. People think Teryl Austin is a natural leader.

Many NFL officials actually feel McDermott is the best hire, big question is how he'll handle a defense.

Doug Marrone has his fans and his detractors. How he left Buffalo a huge red flag, and supposedly the Jags don't like him either.

Other guys mentioned by NFL execs...

Todd Haley, Steelers Offensive Coordinator
Vic Fangio, Bears Defensive Coordinator
Mike Shanahan, Unemployed
Paul Guenther, Bengals Defensive Coordinator
Dirk Koetter, Buccaneers Offensive Coordinator

Most NFL execs love David Shaw but the feeling is it would take an astronomical offer that nobody could refuse to get him out of Palo Alto

Neil Stratton @InsideTheLeague
We're hearing #Texans will move GM Rick Smith into upper mgmt role (Pres.?) and elevate Brian Gaine to GM. Timing unclear; may be post-draft

I like Gaine

Shaw would be at the top of my list, but Ross doesn't have the foresight to go after him, and even if they did, he wouldn't want to be part of this bottom-rung organization

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so according to MMQB people around the league feel the top 10 candidates (not including college coaches) are.

1.Hue Jackson OC, Bengals
2.Sean McDermott DC, Panthers
3.Josh McDaniels OC, Patriots
4.Doug Marrone AHC, Jags
5.Adam Gase OC, Bears
6.Teryl Austin DC, Lions
7.Matt Patricia DC, Patriots
8.Jim Schwartz
9.Mike Shula OC, Panthers
10.Tom Cable AHC/OL Coach, Seahawks

Many feel that McDaniels and Schwartz have done a good job reinventing themselves and learning from their past failures.

I dont want Austin yet. too limited a time as a DC to know how good he is. Would take Mcdermott any day over him.

People are impressed with Cable's work in Seattle but breaking one of his assistant's jaws in Oakland is something that is a huge red flag.

Impressed with what Austin has done with a defense that lost a lot of players due to FA and injury. People think Teryl Austin is a natural leader.

Many NFL officials actually feel McDermott is the best hire, big question is how he'll handle a defense.

Doug Marrone has his fans and his detractors. How he left Buffalo a huge red flag, and supposedly the Jags don't like him either.

Other guys mentioned by NFL execs...

Todd Haley, Steelers Offensive Coordinator
Vic Fangio, Bears Defensive Coordinator
Mike Shanahan, Unemployed
Paul Guenther, Bengals Defensive Coordinator
Dirk Koetter, Buccaneers Offensive Coordinator

Most NFL execs love David Shaw but the feeling is it would take an astronomical offer that nobody could refuse to get him out of Palo Alto

I dont want Austin too limited a time as a DC to see how good he is as a coach

@JasonLaCanfora: There is going to be a robust market for Adam Gase's services. Dolphins, Browns have done extensive work on him. Expect Eagles interest, too

It is JLC so probably wrong, but I would love this hire

JLC has Gase going to every team. He is bound to be right. He wrote an entire article about how the Lions were going to snag him.

Gase is not in my top 8 of candidates. However, I would be ecstatic (and selfishly fired up for the debates) if Gase brought a one Mike McCoy with him as his OC. Both worked with each other in Denver.

Gase is not in my top 8 of candidates. However, I would be ecstatic (and selfishly fired up for the debates) if Gase brought a one Mike McCoy with him as his OC. Both worked with each other in Denver.

Top 8? Yes he is Mangini (who 49ers fans thought was a crap DC this year nvm HC)

Top 8? Yes he is Mangini (who 49ers fans thought was a crap DC this year nvm HC)

Nope. You can my candidates when I do my end of the see assessment early next week.

Mangini is not on it and as I have said for a long, long time now, Eric Mangini will never get the head coaching job in Miami.

Again, it is typical rant people that are bitter like to go on that Mangini will be Tannenbaum's hand picked coach. WILL.NOT.HAPPEN.

Could Mangini be added somewhere near Tannenbaum in the FO? I would not be shocked by that. Mangini probably is better suited in pro personnel. However, he will not be the coach.

Back
Top Bottom