2016 Coaching Data Base | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 Coaching Data Base

Not just Gase there are a couple of coordinaters I would be happy with (2 in Carolina) Jackson would also be fine but I doubt he comes here

I do fully agree that especially with our roster with any of these candidates, the OC and DC hires will be just as vital as the HC (especially DC for Gase)

Jackson could be the most in demand coach. When teams balk at dealing with the Saints and the compensation, Jackson could have his pick of the Colts, Titans or Giants gig.

I think Miami is good job, but not as good as those listed.

Pretty good read on why there will be no "next Belichick" in coaching hires:

FOXBORO – Know why there won’t ever be a run of dominance in the NFL like the one Bill Belichick’s presided over since 2001?

Because nobody will have the stomach to allow a head coach to implement a program that is as taxing, focused, ruthless, unapologetic, dictatorial, unsentimental and efficient as the one here in New England.

No owner, group of players or media contingent will be able to countenance an approach like Belichick’s from a coach who hasn’t done what Belichick’s done. And not only has nobody done what he’s done, nobody will ever get the same chance he did.

On Tuesday, the Eagles fired Chip Kelly. He’s the latest coach with an approach similar to Belichick’s to get axed when player pushback, media sniping and negative results became too much for the owner to bear.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-pa...s-nfl-has-no-patience-for-next-bill-belichick

Norv Turner????????? Lol!

On a more serious note I'd be good with Mora if we can land someone like McCoy for OC. Unlikely though, so I'd prefer Gase as HC.

I give you some of the insight gained on the Miami Dolphins coaching search in my column in Saturday's Miami Herald. Please check out the column as it, plus the posts that were up first on the topic previously, are a good launching point for this topic.

But as the column appeared in print editions and space there is sometimes tight, I could only give you some of the insight. You want more. You deserve more.

Here's more:

An interesting issue the Dolphins face is the possibility of having to weigh hiring a lesser candidate earlier or waiting later for a better candidate. How could this possibly happen?

Consider that, for example, Mike Shula and Josh McDaniels are going to be in the playoffs with the Carolina Panthers and New England Patriots respectively. Hue Jackson will similarly be in the playoffs with the Cincinnati Bengals. As will enjoy a window during which they can be interviewed. But because the Panthers (14-1) and Patriots (12-3) are favorites to go deep into the playoffs, and because the Bengals (11-4) may surprise, the Dolphins may not be able to name Shula, McDaniels or Jackson early if one is their choice to be the next head coach.

And what is the problem with this?

The problem is the Dolphins have done a lot of early work in this search process to get out of the gate quickly and beat other teams looking for head coaches to some punches. The Dolphins really want to get this done so that the new head coach can start to put together a strong staff as quickly as possible. And, having the new coach put together a strong staff, a big deal for the Miami braintrust.

So if Shula and McDaniels or Hue Jackson get deep in the playoffs or to the Super Bowl, that might actually work against them. Being more successful could hinder their chances.

And if an assistant vying for the Miami job is on a team that is not in the playoffs, such as Chicago's Adam Gase, thus making him available to be hired earlier, he might become more attractive to the Dolphins than a higher-rated candidate because he can more quickly begin the process of putting together a stronger staff. And remember, in putting together a staff, an early start is best because the best coaches get jobs quickly.

So that's a consideration.

Here's another consideration: Keep in mind the possibility of Doug Marrone. The former Buffalo Bills and Syracuse head coach made an unexpected move when he left the Buffalo Bills after the 2014. He did so expecting to get a head job elsewhere but did not despite going on a couple of interviews.

He is a candidate to interview. And one thing he definitely brings to the table is the possibility of hiring Jim Schwartz as his defensive coordinator. That's correct. Schwartz may be a head coach candidate around the league but he's not a definite hire.

And if he's not hired as a head coach, he will be Marrone's defensive coordinator in 2016 if Marrone gets a head coaching job.

In that regard, Marrone would check a valuable box for the Dolphins: He'd bring at least one very good coordinator, one that has already been a head coach. One that had the Bills as the No. 4 defensive in the NFL in 2014. The Bills are the No. 16 defense in points allowed this season.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...lumn-in-saturdays-miami-heraldplease-che.html

I give you some of the insight gained on the Miami Dolphins coaching search in my column in Saturday's Miami Herald. Please check out the column as it, plus the posts that were up first on the topic previously, are a good launching point for this topic.

But as the column appeared in print editions and space there is sometimes tight, I could only give you some of the insight. You want more. You deserve more.

Here's more:

An interesting issue the Dolphins face is the possibility of having to weigh hiring a lesser candidate earlier or waiting later for a better candidate. How could this possibly happen?

Consider that, for example, Mike Shula and Josh McDaniels are going to be in the playoffs with the Carolina Panthers and New England Patriots respectively. Hue Jackson will similarly be in the playoffs with the Cincinnati Bengals. As will enjoy a window during which they can be interviewed. But because the Panthers (14-1) and Patriots (12-3) are favorites to go deep into the playoffs, and because the Bengals (11-4) may surprise, the Dolphins may not be able to name Shula, McDaniels or Jackson early if one is their choice to be the next head coach.

And what is the problem with this?

The problem is the Dolphins have done a lot of early work in this search process to get out of the gate quickly and beat other teams looking for head coaches to some punches. The Dolphins really want to get this done so that the new head coach can start to put together a strong staff as quickly as possible. And, having the new coach put together a strong staff, a big deal for the Miami braintrust.

So if Shula and McDaniels or Hue Jackson get deep in the playoffs or to the Super Bowl, that might actually work against them. Being more successful could hinder their chances.

And if an assistant vying for the Miami job is on a team that is not in the playoffs, such as Chicago's Adam Gase, thus making him available to be hired earlier, he might become more attractive to the Dolphins than a higher-rated candidate because he can more quickly begin the process of putting together a stronger staff. And remember, in putting together a staff, an early start is best because the best coaches get jobs quickly.

So that's a consideration.

Here's another consideration: Keep in mind the possibility of Doug Marrone. The former Buffalo Bills and Syracuse head coach made an unexpected move when he left the Buffalo Bills after the 2014. He did so expecting to get a head job elsewhere but did not despite going on a couple of interviews.

He is a candidate to interview. And one thing he definitely brings to the table is the possibility of hiring Jim Schwartz as his defensive coordinator. That's correct. Schwartz may be a head coach candidate around the league but he's not a definite hire.

And if he's not hired as a head coach, he will be Marrone's defensive coordinator in 2016 if Marrone gets a head coaching job.

In that regard, Marrone would check a valuable box for the Dolphins: He'd bring at least one very good coordinator, one that has already been a head coach. One that had the Bills as the No. 4 defensive in the NFL in 2014. The Bills are the No. 16 defense in points allowed this season.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...lumn-in-saturdays-miami-heraldplease-che.html

This is precisely why the NFL should have a moritorium on hiring of head coaches until after the superbowl. I dont think any club will hire Scwartz as head coach at this point.
It will be a mistake for the dolphins to hire just for conveinence.

This is precisely why the NFL should have a moritorium on hiring of head coaches until after the superbowl. I dont think any club will hire Scwartz as head coach at this point.
It will be a mistake for the dolphins to hire just for conveinence.

Agree, putting togehter a good staff is hugh, at least they suppusedley are considering that.

Considering the extensiveness of this redo a quick hire is not needed. We need the right hire even if we have to wait until after the super bowl. The new coach must be given a few years to get things in order.

Agree, putting togehter a good staff is hugh, at least they suppusedley are considering that.

The only top coordinator that Im not sure of his staff would be Mike Shula.
McDermott , Mcdanials and GAse would probably have very good staffs.
Not sure about Hue jackson, what sank him in oakland was his horrible choice of DC he had the 29th rated defense that season.
His OC was solid

Nick SABAN dec 26

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

We have had 3 huge hires in our history at head coach only 1 worked out
Don Shula
Jimmy Johnson
Nick Saban

Armando has been balling recently

Eagles not messing around.

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 26m26 minutes ago

#Eagles interviewed RB coach Duce Staley for the HC vacancy yesterday that was created when Jeffrey Lurie fired Chip Kelly, per source

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 58s59 seconds ago

Eagles confirm they interviewed running backs coach Duce Staley for the head coach position Friday. They are now Rooney Rule compliant

Eagles not messing around.

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 26m26 minutes ago

#Eagles interviewed RB coach Duce Staley for the HC vacancy yesterday that was created when Jeffrey Lurie fired Chip Kelly, per source

I detest the tokenism produced by that horrible rule.

Back
Top Bottom