2017-18 NCAA Basketball | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017-18 NCAA Basketball

Good try Cuse. It was further than expected as they weren't even supposed to be in tournament. Sweet 16 and they gave Duke all they could handle. Analysts all had Duke favored a ton and they just don't realize Syracuse plays Duke tough no matter Cuses record or year they are having. Cuse beat duke last year with a buzzer beater despite being a worse team. But Duke, a very talented team was too much, but it was a close game.

Smart move by Coach K taking a move out of Boeheim's textbook with not allowing a team to tie with a three point in last seconds and leaving it to free throws. I wish that didn't happen because I was ready to see cuse try and nail a game tying 3, but hats off to Coach K being smart and took it out of cuses hands and Duke finishing the game

Was hoping the Cuse would win. Actually went for FSU against Michigan, too....though that can be considered sacrilege.

I cheered for all of the ACC teams, even Duke. Oh well, FSU and Cuse did way better than anyone expected.

Sounds like Gonzaga is going to the Mountain West. A huge blow to the WCC, but definitely a move that makes sense for the Zags.

This is going to sound bad, I don't mean to sound bad, but...

I'm not a conference rah-rah guy. Obviously I'm glad your teams won as much as they did because they're your teams and you're good dudes (dudettes?), but not because they're in the ACC. Maybe it's because I'm a U of L fan and we've been through plenty of different conferences so I've learned not to care much. I'm really ecstatic that ACC teams won 20 games in the tourney, not because of GO ACC! but because we get more money. 20 tourney wins nets the conference as a whole, including U of L, a ton of bonus cash.

Same goes for football. Do I care what the ACC bowl record is at the end of the year? Do I care about Clemson's national title? Answer is no, I don't. I care that the ACC teams on our schedule win their regular season games, so if/when we beat them then that makes us look better. If Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech or Miami aren't on our schedule, do I care what they do during the season and in their bowl game? Not in the slightest. I don't hate them or anything and I don't actively root for anyone to lose, but in the end it doesn't move the needle much for me.

Maybe I'm just a horrible college sports fan...:(

I'm not a conference rah-rah guy. Obviously I'm glad your teams won as much as they did because they're your teams and you're good dudes (dudettes?), but not because they're in the ACC. Maybe it's because I'm a U of L fan and we've been through plenty of different conferences so I've learned not to care much. I'm really ecstatic that ACC teams won 20 games in the tourney, not because of GO ACC! but because we get more money. 20 tourney wins nets the conference as a whole, including U of L, a ton of bonus cash.

Same goes for football. Do I care what the ACC bowl record is at the end of the year? Do I care about Clemson's national title? Answer is no, I don't. I care that the ACC teams on our schedule win their regular season games, so if/when we beat them then that makes us look better. If Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech or Miami aren't on our schedule, do I care what they do during the season and in their bowl game? Not in the slightest. I don't hate them or anything and I don't actively root for anyone to lose, but in the end it doesn't move the needle much for me.

There are teams I just won't root for, especially in the ACC.

Dook. I hate their rat (or ferret) faced coach, and anything to do with that miserable team. No amount of conference pride could ever bring me to root for those assholes.

Clemson. I can't stand them, in anything. Was happy to see them get kicked around by Kansas, even though I hate Kansas.

North Carolina. I don't like them, I don't root for them, but they're fairly benign....it's fun to watch them lose, though.

Florida State...I hate Michigan, and I root for chaos when it gets to later on in the tournament...so I was hoping the Noles would pull off an upset. I was hoping Loyola would beat them, so we could crown them "Florida State Champs" in 2018, after beating UM, UF, and FSU...normally I wouldn't root for the Noles, but this year I did, just wanting to see pure chaos unfold.

NCState...I could care less about them. They don't bother me. I always know they're going to lose in the first round, even if they have the more talented team...doesn't matter who the coach is, the song remains the same.

Syracuse...I don't mind them at all. I like Jim Boeheim...he's the Larry David of the college basketball world...so I didn't mind seeing them go on a run.

Virginia...I don't necessarily mind them, but I'm not a fan of theirs, either. I laughed my ass off watching them lose to the 16 seed.

Outside of the ACC, I actively root against many teams for a variety of reasons, including:

Gonzaga, Arizona, Michigan, BYU (though they weren't in it), Kansas, Florida, Oklahoma, Ohio State

But I also root for smaller schools, or mid-majors like: Wichita State, San Diego State, Houston.

Kentucky, a lot of people hate, but they don't bother me, either. I like Calipari. He's a boss....UCLA, too...though I think Alford is a loathsome loser asshole.

That's kind of my rooting guide once Miami's tournament went to hell.

There are teams I just won't root for, especially in the ACC.

Dook. I hate their rat (or ferret) faced coach, and anything to do with that miserable team. No amount of conference pride could ever bring me to root for those assholes.

Clemson. I can't stand them, in anything. Was happy to see them get kicked around by Kansas, even though I hate Kansas.

North Carolina. I don't like them, I don't root for them, but they're fairly benign....it's fun to watch them lose, though.

Florida State...I hate Michigan, and I root for chaos when it gets to later on in the tournament...so I was hoping the Noles would pull off an upset. I was hoping Loyola would beat them, so we could crown them "Florida State Champs" in 2018, after beating UM, UF, and FSU...normally I wouldn't root for the Noles, but this year I did, just wanting to see pure chaos unfold.

NCState...I could care less about them. They don't bother me. I always know they're going to lose in the first round, even if they have the more talented team...doesn't matter who the coach is, the song remains the same.

Syracuse...I don't mind them at all. I like Jim Boeheim...he's the Larry David of the college basketball world...so I didn't mind seeing them go on a run.

Virginia...I don't necessarily mind them, but I'm not a fan of theirs, either. I laughed my *** off watching them lose to the 16 seed.

Outside of the ACC, I actively root against many teams for a variety of reasons, including:

Gonzaga, Arizona, Michigan, BYU (though they weren't in it), Kansas, Florida, Oklahoma, Ohio State

But I also root for smaller schools, or mid-majors like: Wichita State, San Diego State, Houston.

Kentucky, a lot of people hate, but they don't bother me, either. I like Calipari. He's a boss....UCLA, too...though I think Alford is a loathsome loser *******.

That's kind of my rooting guide once Miami's tournament went to hell.

I can't knock either one of you. The only thing that bothers me in being a sports fan is people who are fair weather, bandwagon fans that are rabid about whomever is good. As long as you are a real fan of a team through thick and thin, I've got respect.

I generally cheer FSU then ACC then SEC then anyone playing Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, etc. I hate the Big 10 and PAC 10 but that's more football.

I hate the Big 10, I don't mind the Pac 10 (or 12...I still call it 10)...I don't like the Big 12, or the SEC.

In football, I can't root for the SEC, Big 12, or Big 10. The Pac 10 is fun to watch at night, and I always find myself watching Hawaii Warriors games late at night.

I'm a Hurricanes fan for life though, they're my first love, and once they're out, then I just casually watch, but have that rooting guide handy in my head.

Back
Top Bottom