2017 Kiko Alonso thread. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Kiko Alonso thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a oc watches that tape they aren't looking at Kiko as the mismatch or the target. They just arent. Will some plays be made in his area sure but when I need to maintain or get back to the sticks to avoid Miamis sub package that mike is where the bulls eye lies and it's not just in nickel cause he can't play very well in space period. What should get 6 gets 9 he's giving you an extra 3 yards just about every time and 3rd and 7 is a lot different than 3rd and 4 as a play caller and a protection exposure.

Just wait til they start dialing up ways to make him carry coverage. It's a bulls eye and it's only started to be exposed.

Alonzo is a decent to good player. He's played well early in his career with Buffalo and I was surprised he ended up being traded. I thought the Bills might hang on to him for a while. Right now I'm glad we have him but SOS is right about his limitations. I like how a couple of good plays were thrown in to show the unflinching desire to be completely fair skillfully balanced with 116 plays where Kiko looks like a jack**!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When a oc watches that tape they aren't looking at Kiko as the mismatch or the target. They just arent. Will some plays be made in his area sure but when I need to maintain or get back to the sticks to avoid Miamis sub package that mike is where the bulls eye lies and it's not just in nickel cause he can't play very well in space period. What should get 6 gets 9 he's giving you an extra 3 yards just about every time and 3rd and 7 is a lot different than 3rd and 4 as a play caller and a protection exposure.

All last year Alonso was that target and mismatch at Mike. That's why he lost his job there and still couldn't get it back to a 2nd string MLB and special teams player, when McMillan went down. That's telling.

All last year Alonso was that target and mismatch at Mike. That's why he lost his job there and still couldn't get it back to a 2nd string MLB and special teams player, when McMillan went down. That's telling.

I stand by what i said earlier in that regard. Alonso stayed at Will because we had no viable back-up plan for him there. If we'd had a better Will back-up than Hull is a MLB, you can bet your ass Alonso would have been moved back inside.

I stand by what i said earlier in that regard. Alonso stayed at Will because we had no viable back-up plan for him there. If we'd had a better Will back-up than Hull is a MLB, you can bet your *** Alonso would have been moved back inside.

I take you enjoyed Sunday's run defense compared to last year's **** show. I'll leave it that.

No he wasn't the target. Spencer paysinger was the target. Miami had one nickel lb last year all year and we got murdered because of it.

Paysinger and nickel should never happen. And neither should mike hull but we are stuck

Hewitt didn't develop enough to pair with Kiko in nickel his run came in base.

Jelani Jenkins played on one leg.

That wasn't a Kiko problem that was what was around Kiko problem.

And yes they did move him to will. So damn what. They drafted a between tackles thumper. No harm no foul.

They also paid Kiko long term money cause they WANT KIKO long term. He's a 3 down backer a plus athlete with plus instincts who makes a lot of plays on the actual football. And he's in his prime age wise.

I'll revisit this when someone has actual evidence to prove me wrong on Sunday's performance rather than dealing with these opinions.

If you have tape or a time stamp to prove it, so be it, we'll talk shop. Otherwise, I'm out til the next game.

I'll revisit this when someone has actual evidence to prove me wrong on Sunday's performance rather than dealing with these opinions.

If you have tape or a time stamp to prove it, so be it, we'll talk shop. Otherwise, I'm out til the next game.

Opinions is all you'll ever get on a message board. All you do is share an opinion, granted an educated one, but still an opinion.

Opinions is all you'll ever get on a message board. All you do is share an opinion, granted an educated one, but still an opinion.

I've given visual evidence. Tape doesn't lie.

Ironically, the same that are enamored with Alono's splash plays and overlook his constant inconsistencies are the same that knock Maxwell for constant inconsistencies but overlook his splash plays. For the record, I don't care for either. You're not going to win on defense without consistency.

Man the way hoops props up Kiko you would never think two different teams gave up on the 2nd round pick before year 4

I've given visual evidence. Tape doesn't lie.

Ironically, the same that are enamored with Alono's splash plays and overlook his constant inconsistencies are the same that knock Maxwell for constant inconsistencies but overlook his splash plays. For the record, I don't care for either. You're not going to win on defense without consistency.

Fair enough. But dont get your panties in a wad if you just share the fragment of a picture instead of the tape and get called out.

Fair enough. But dont get your panties in a wad if you just share the fragment of a picture instead of the tape and get called out.

Excuse yourself. The still shot showed exactly what I was pointing out, poor zone awareness.

If you want to know more about the play simply ask - like you did - and I'll oblige - like I did.

You didn't call me out on anything. After I posted the clip my point still remained true. Drop the nonsense.

Overpaying a merely decent, injury prone player with a long term extension and flushing the advantage of restricted free agency down the drain might be one of the dumbest decisions Tannenbaum has ever made...after this season he'll look back and realize jumping the gun definitely backfired. Hopefully Gase is sick of him and forces Ross to fire him.

At least when we overpaid our other average defender $8M a year it was because he was an unrestricted free agent.

Excuse yourself. The still shot showed exactly what I was pointing out, poor zone awareness.

If you want to know more about the play simply ask - like you did - and I'll oblige - like I did.

You didn't call me out on anything.

You know, once upon a time you were a really laid back poster. Your posts are as informed as ever, but the ego ive grown tired of.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom