2017 NFL Combine measurement tracker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 NFL Combine measurement tracker

4. Forrest Lamp took arm-growing pills over the last month.

One of the top offensive line prospects in the 2017 class, Western Kentucky’s Forrest Lamp disappointed at the Senior Bowl when his arms measured 31 1/8-inch long, which all but guaranteed a move inside to guard or center. But during his weigh-in at the combine, Lamp measured 32 1/4 inches, more than a foot better than a month ago in Mobile.

Lamp’s agent also weighed in on social media on Wednesday, tweeting that “during one of Forrest Lamp’s team meetings last night, they measured his arms again (as I have personally) and they were 32 1/2 inches.”

Regardless, Lamp is ideally suited to move inside to guard at the NFL level, but the better arm length will give teams comfort that he can kick out to tackle in a pinch.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ow-rbs-weigh-in-and-more-wednesday-takeaways/

I highlighted that part because he clearly meant more than an inch...not a foot. Either way his arm length and basically all his other measureables are right in line with Zach Martin.

5. Other discrepancies between Senior Bowl and combine weigh-ins

For offensive linemen, arm length is extremely important. NFL teams are looking for certain thresholds, and Lamp wasn’t the only prospect with inconsistent numbers from Mobile to Indy. Temple’s Dion Dawkins is now at 35-inch arms (3/8-inch more than Mobile). Bucknell’s Julie’n Davenport is now at 36 1/2-inch arms (1/2-inch more than Mobile). Troy’s Antonio Garcia is now at 33 3/8-inch arms (1/2-inch more than Mobile). Garcia also came in at 302 pounds, a nine-pound increase from his 293 weigh-in at the Senior Bowl.

Well David Njoku measured 6' 4" on the money...246 lbs and 10" hands.

Leggett and Pharoah Brown with 10 3/8" hands. I don't know why Leggett doesn't get more love. He's huge (6'5 258) and he moves really well. I don't expect him to light it up this week, but I expect a solid showing.

Leggett and Pharoah Brown with 10 3/8" hands. I don't know why Leggett doesn't get more love. He's huge (6'5 258) and he moves really well. I don't expect him to light it up this week, but I expect a solid showing.

Leggett doesn't get more love because of his tape. Too many instances of looking/playing like he's not interested. Too many instances where the effort is severely lacking. I don't see the passion, I don't see a guy giving 100% effort all the time. It's a major concern I have with him and it would be enough to take him off my board entirely.

Leggett doesn't get more love because of his tape. Too many instances of looking/playing like he's not interested. Too many instances where the effort is severely lacking. I don't see the passion, I don't see a guy giving 100% effort all the time. It's a major concern I have with him and it would be enough to take him off my board entirely.

I agree that he has lapses in effort and concentration, but TE prospects are mostly judged on talent/potential. There's the occasional Hunter Henry, who is good to go out of the box, but it's a developmental position overall. If he bombs interviews, I can see taking him off the board. Otherwise, I don't think he sees the 4th.

I agree that he has lapses in effort and concentration, but TE prospects are mostly judged on talent/potential. There's the occasional Hunter Henry, who is good to go out of the box, but it's a developmental position overall. If he bombs interviews, I can see taking him off the board. Otherwise, I don't think he sees the 4th.

I agree that it's a developmental position because of the way colleges run their offenses and the way TEs are utilized at the college level. But the lack of passion and effort isn't the same as lack of talent or fundamentals. Last thing any team wants is another Jonathan Martin or Dion Jordan. Two guys who supposedly had tons of potential (although I never bought it with Jordan) but clearly lacked desire and passion.

I agree that it's a developmental position because of the way colleges run their offenses and the way TEs are utilized at the college level. But the lack of passion and effort isn't the same as lack of talent or fundamentals. Last thing any team wants is another Jonathan Martin or Dion Jordan. Two guys who supposedly had tons of potential (although I never bought it with Jordan) but clearly lacked desire and passion.

I agree that you don't want him if his heart isn't in it. I'm just not ready to write him off. As players mature, their work ethic can improve. I think it's right to ding him for those lapses, but he hasn't bothered me enough for me to write him off. Maybe we'll get to that point.

Here's a weird one: Tarik Cohen - 5'6, 179, 29 3/4" arms, 10 1/8" hands! One of the bigger pair of mitts you'll ever see on an otherwise small person.

Myles Garrett - 6lbs heavier than Clowney (272), arms an inch longer (35 1/2"), and hands quarter inch bigger (10 1/4"). Came in under 6'5, which I like - given his arm length.

I'm mildly surprised Pat Elflein only had 22 reps in the bench press. That's not terribly impressive for a guard/center prospect.

Back
Top Bottom