2017 NFL Draft: Prospects vs. Hype | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 NFL Draft: Prospects vs. Hype

Lamar Jackson is the guy that immediately comes to mind. His athletic talent is very exciting, but his game needs a lot of work. If he could go to a team where he could sit and develop, that would be one thing. But, that doesn't happen very often anymore in the NFL.

I've come to the idea a will who can cover the Gronks of the world is probably our biggest need.

I've been looking at Jefferson and Smith, and I just can't see how some have Jefferson above Smith.

I'd put Jefferson in the mid second round. He runs fast and can tackle but instincts seem to be hit and miss and while he's fast he's no where near as good in coverage as Roquon... AND not as fast either way.

While he's bigger, Roquon disengages from blockers much better. Let's say that while both need to be kept clean to be effective, Roquon is just much better at staying off blocks.

I guess as Texas disppointed so did their prospects.

Jefferson has come a long way this year, but I agree with you. Smith is the better linebacker right now, but I also think he will be gone before Miami picks. Edmonds on Virgina Tech is another linebacker that I like a lot.

Lamar Jackson is the guy that immediately comes to mind. His athletic talent is very exciting, but his game needs a lot of work. If he could go to a team where he could sit and develop, that would be one thing. But, that doesn't happen very often anymore in the NFL.
Lamar is definitely overhyped. He doesn't have enough accuracy to survive in the NFL. He might have 1 good year but not much more then that

Back
Top Bottom