2017 rookie grades: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 rookie grades:

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins
Round 1: (No. 22 overall) Charles Harris, DE, 16 games/2 starts.
Round 2: (54) Raekwon McMillan, LB, 0 games/0 starts.
Round 3: (97) Cordrea Tankersley, CB, 11 games/11 starts.
Round 5: (164) Isaac Asiata, OG, 1 game/0 starts; (178) Davon Godchaux, DT, 15 games/5 starts.
Round 6: (194) Vincent Taylor, DT, 13 games/0 starts.
Round 7: (237) Isaiah Ford, WR, 0 games/0 starts.

Shook: The jewel of this class could end up being McMillan, who looked good in preseason before suffering a torn ACL that ended his rookie campaign in August. In the meantime, that honor belongs to Godchaux, who was an important and productive part of Miami's defensive interior, recording 40 tackles and a forced fumble. Tankersley also exceeded expectations, stepping into a starting role and excelling in Miami's young -- but promising -- secondary. There's hope for Harris, who recorded 19 tackles and two sacks in spot appearances behind veteran Andre Branch, but didn't seem to validate his first-round selection. We still don't know what Miami will get out of Asiata, who didn't take advantage of the Dolphins' interior-line issues during his rookie campaign. GRADE: C
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-saints-earn-top-grade-raiders-class-lacking

The one that stings the most is what Jeff Ireland’s grade was in last years draft. Should have kept him and still got Gase.

The article mentions "spot appearances" for Charles Harris. I wouldn't consider playing 500 snaps being "spot appearances."

Davon Godchaux, who the article heralds as Miami's best pick, had only 4 more snaps than Harris. So does that mean Godchaux was also playing in spot duty?

The article mentions "spot appearances" for Charles Harris. I wouldn't consider playing 500 snaps being "spot appearances."

Davon Godchaux, who the article heralds as Miami's best pick, had only 4 more snaps than Harris. So does that mean Godchaux was also playing in spot duty?

I'm not sure 47.51% of the defensive snaps is something to get overly worked up about regarding the article, but yeah, it probably does. He was also more productive with those snaps.

That isn't to say I've given up on Harris. I think he should have gotten more snaps.

The one that stings the most is what Jeff Ireland’s grade was in last years draft. Should have kept him and still got Gase.

You know what is really worse than anything else? That you think Jeff Ireland is the GM of the Saints. Jeff is a scout. Mickey Loomis is GM of the Saints.

So stop defiling threads with that filthy name.

Ireland was fine its his demeanor many have a issue with. Lots his picks especially defense did well. But oh shucks like Spielman our old GMs must got to another club to shine. Meanwhile we are stuck with Tannabum who is worse. I did like our draft class, that Forde taken in the 7th round could be a player, Assatti will be interesting to watch. Outside the draft though we have given away too many draft picks to move around in the draft and in FA plus have overpaid on fa for the returns ee recieved plus either Tannabum or Gase let too many of our own free agents walk that first year. Hey former phin QB and QB coach I believe was the coach of the Eagles super bowl team this year. Yea we have had the talent in Miami not the payoff.

If McMillan is as good as most think, this could end up being a nice group. Harris obviously needs to take that next step, but he certainly has the work ethic.

Godchaux was a heck of a pick and a huge steal in round 5 and I like what I saw of Tankersley.

Godchaux definitely surprised the hell out of me, and I think the Dolphins as well with his play last season. Harris I think will be a good player this upcoming season, he has much to prove.

Ireland was fine its his demeanor many have a issue with. Lots his picks especially defense did well. But oh shucks like Spielman our old GMs must got to another club to shine. Meanwhile we are stuck with Tannabum who is worse. I did like our draft class, that Forde taken in the 7th round could be a player, Assatti will be interesting to watch. Outside the draft though we have given away too many draft picks to move around in the draft and in FA plus have overpaid on fa for the returns ee recieved plus either Tannabum or Gase let too many of our own free agents walk that first year. Hey former phin QB and QB coach I believe was the coach of the Eagles super bowl team this year. Yea we have had the talent in Miami not the payoff.
No, it was his 2013 work that got him fired. We had good linebackers that we are still trying to replace 5 years later, he struck out in the draft that year, and in free agency. He put all his eggs in one basket in 2013 and screwed it up plain and simple.

How does anyone defend Ireland now? He was the worst. And he’s not calling shots in NO.

No, it was his 2013 work that got him fired. We had good linebackers that we are still trying to replace 5 years later, he struck out in the draft that year, and in free agency. He put all his eggs in one basket in 2013 and screwed it up plain and simple.
Let’s cut Dansby and Burnett for no reason other than to try to look smart for getting younger. Only he replaced them w two complete bums. Ireland sucked at everything - Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace, Reggie Bush (letting him walk a year too soon), Dion Jordan, picks and money, parading awful kickers in here, big contract to Hartline after his 1 TD season, and on and on. He was the worst GM in team history, NFL, NBA and NHL history combined.

I like how they put Mcmillan above the other guys who actually played and were successful.

If your speaking about Dion Jordan then I am not with you. It was quite plain in a article written after that draft that Ross asked his coaches the player they coveted and instructed Ireland to draft him. At the time the article tead like Ross almost wanted to take credit for Jordan. Ireland made a good to great trade in terms of picks traded for the move up to the 3rd overall pick. Seeing Jordan playing better in Seattle tells us as we all know Philbin was a issue as a coach.

Back
Top Bottom