2017 rookie grades: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 rookie grades:

I believe he brought in Dansby and Burnett along with a ton of defensive line prospects that are playing well else where.

If your speaking about Dion Jordan then I am not with you. It was quite plain in a article written after that draft that Ross asked his coaches the player they coveted and instructed Ireland to draft him. At the time the article tead like Ross almost wanted to take credit for Jordan. Ireland made a good to great trade in terms of picks traded for the move up to the 3rd overall pick. Seeing Jordan playing better in Seattle tells us as we all know Philbin was a issue as a coach.
Jordan was a dumb pick but that was the least of my concerns. It was how he completely ruined the linebackers and signed free agents. The draft as a whole was terrible to. It was just one bad move after another in 2013. The linebacker moves really killed this defense though. Quality linebackers don't hang on trees.

All these grades are subjective. Consider McMillan the jewel of the class and that grade changes. Year 2 the grades could all be different for each player, each team.
No way to Fireland!

Im very optimistic that we'll look back at that class in 2 years and call it a success. Hopefully optimism in not unfounded!

dion Jordan was miscast out the gate...I'm afraid Miami would do the same thing with a marcus davenport

Our draft sucked!

We had little to zero impact from this crop.

I like the future of Harris, RM, Godchaux, and Tank.

But seriously, we could have not drafted last year and signed Poe and it would almost have been the same thing as far as 2017 impact.

Meanwhile look what the aints did, drafted the best class in years and had 4 guys finish on the all rookie team.

MIKE T you are the reason I AM NEVER HAPPY!

Moving forward I see one major issue with this club and one possible issue to be concerned with. T-baum throws away way to much value in the draft and free agency. We basically overpaid for the production we recieved in free agency last year and the prior year we traded away way to many draft picks in that draft. That was his MO prior to his arrival here. I will say last years draft was handled much better IMO. Gases ego is the other possible issue, that it is affecting his judgment with his players and coaches. A great coach should be capable of coaching all players not just his players.

Reactions: BSQ
Our draft sucked!

But seriously, we could have not drafted last year and signed Poe and it would almost have been the same thing as far as 2017 impact.

Meanwhile look what the aints did, drafted the best class in years and had 4 guys finish on the all rookie team.

What a confusing post. Our draft sucked and had Zero impact but you like the future of 4 picks? How exactly is that sucking with zero impact? Did you mean this for just this year? If so you answered your own complaint in the fact that their impact is coming while Poe would be packing his things for another team right now.

Our draft sucked!

That's a "you" problem. Go find other hobbies and stop caring so much about dudes who wear tight pants.

What a confusing post. Our draft sucked and had Zero impact but you like the future of 4 picks? How exactly is that sucking with zero impact? Did you mean this for just this year? If so you answered your own complaint in the fact that their impact is coming while Poe would be packing his things for another team right now.
Yes exactly, they had little to minimal impact....

Like we didn't get enough production out of them....

Now if we can continue to development them, I like Tank, Harris, RM as long term prospects....

I consider Godchaux as a starter already, because he is, hence the Poe comparrison.....

I think it's possible to hold these two ideas in my head at the same time, because it's the reality we hope we are in....

Back
Top Bottom