2018 NFL free agents: ESPN ranks Dolphins’ Jarvis Landry top wide receiver | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL free agents: ESPN ranks Dolphins’ Jarvis Landry top wide receiver

it's almost like he's either better than we think, or espn is hyping him up, driving up the price so that we lose him.

That was this year. What about being no 2 in the league in RAC? Whatever - we retain the wrong guys (Branch and Kiko) and let the right ones walk. He is as asshat so there’s that and I have to believe that is factoring in here. Gase needs to figure out how to deal w tough or odd personalities.

When did JL ever finish second in YAC? You do realize that most of those leaders catch really short passes like RBs right? Heck, Danny Woodhead led the league in YAC recently and I wouldn't pay him a quarter of what JL wants. 4 receptions of over 25 yards this year for JL - 4. Yes, he will be better with RT17 back but still...

The point is, aggregate numbers and stats in general often mislead. People have to stop talking about Branch and Kiko like that's relevant. They have the money to pay JL but there's a limit. He's not a top 5 WR and probably not a top 10 and shouldn't be paid like one.

This is why the tag-and-trade idea is not as far-fetched as many on here would have you believe. The trick is gauging his market entirely behind the scenes. If there is one, you can totally make a deal that nets a 2. However, if the front office has already an idea of what some teams will - and will not - give up, then letting him go with no immediate compensation is the way to go.

For my money, I'd rather us double up on TEs this year and go to a 12-personnel base package (there are several potentially great tight ends in this draft that so far are flying largely under the radar, not to mention a few deceptively good free agent TEs).

But that's just me...

1. He has to sign the franchise tender to trade him. Why would he do that?
2. What team would be stupid enough to pay him all that $$$$ AND give up a second round pick?

When did JL ever finish second in YAC? You do realize that most of those leaders catch really short passes like RBs right? Heck, Danny Woodhead led the league in YAC recently and I wouldn't pay him a quarter of what JL wants. 4 receptions of over 25 yards this year for JL - 4. Yes, he will be better with RT17 back but still...

The point is, aggregate numbers and stats in general often mislead. People have to stop talking about Branch and Kiko like that's relevant. They have the money to pay JL but there's a limit. He's not a top 5 WR and probably not a top 10 and shouldn't be paid like one.
This is your opinion and you are entitled to it of course. That said, I predict he will have suitors ready to pay him more than we are willing. He’s a great football player. No two ways about it.

I just read Jarvis is at the vigil in Florida where the shooting took place with TJ McDonald and other teammates.

Does this mean he’s staying? Not at all. But it isn’t something he had to do especially with teammates.

Back
Top Bottom