2021 draft a QB thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 draft a QB thread

Blake the great

Active Roster
Reaction score
I'm starting this because it needs serious consideration. I'm not sure how much confidence Flores has in Tua moving forward, we know Flores is no non sense And I think Flores has proven himself to be a great coach.

With that being said, this years draft maybe the only opportunity we have a top 5 pick for a while, and we certainly won't have have this draft captial again for awhile.

No harm in bringing in more competition for Tua. We need to get the QB right, if unsure then draft another one.

I'm starting this because it needs serious consideration. I'm not sure how much confidence Flores has in Tua moving forward, we know Flores is no non sense And I think Flores has proven himself to be a great coach.

With that being said, this years draft maybe the only opportunity we have a top 5 pick for a while, and we certainly won't have have this draft captial again for awhile.

No harm in bringing in more competition for Tua. We need to get the QB right, if unsure then draft another one.
If you draft a QB at 3 then you have to trade Tua. That would be an insane waste of capita. Problem is we paid a premium for Tua and won’t get close to that in return.

If you draft a QB at 3 then you have to trade Tua. That would be an insane waste of capita. Problem is we paid a premium for Tua and won’t get close to that in return.

Not a good enough reason if we are unsure about Tua.

Not a good enough reason if we are unsure about Tua.
I don’t disagree. I was hoping to see just passable Tua today, not **** the bed Tua that sparks this conversation. How do you even grade these guys at Clemson, Bama, OSU and Oklahoma? They have the best of everything.

Last edited:

I disagree. There's nothing wrong with having two great QB prospects. It's the best kind of luxury. I love Tua, but if you gave me a cheat that increased his ceiling and his chance of hitting, I'd take it. That's what Miami has the opportunity to do at QB. Miami still will have the resources to build an offense where you give a QB a real shot to lead an explosive offense, and Tua would have every opportunity to keep the job and thrive. Maybe both QB's come up roses. How awful would that be?

There are obviously other options, but it's kind of an unprecedented situation, and Miami would be wise to embrace the opportunity before them. I've been a Tua fan for a while. I like his skills, and I like his chances. I think Miami put him in a bad situation, and they shouldn't hold the struggles of the offense against him. Considering a QB at 3 isn't a knock against him.

It's worth discussing.

Personally, I really like Tua and I'd build talent around him. But if the powers that be in Miami have any doubt, and they like either Fields or Wilson, they have a right to at least explore options.

I want to see who is available in the third round. I've been saying this for awhile and today's result doesn't change my mind on that,

I wanted Eason as a project QB last year, and though we didn't get him, I still think we need to take a chance on a flawed prospect for a cheap price. Sometimes these guys surprise you... like Brady.

One thing I’ll say has been very alarming about tua is the lack of ingenuity. There’s very minimal extending the play, running around to make things happen. He settles for the coverage often, and does very little to off set a bad play.

and the arm talent has been completely missing. It’s no where to be found frankly.

he’s been dealt a bad hand offensively but man he looks ordinary and defeated out there.

I want to see who is available in the third round. I've been saying this for awhile and today's result doesn't change my mind on that,

I wanted Eason as a project QB last year, and though we didn't get him, I still think we need to take a chance on a flawed prospect for a cheap price. Sometimes these guys surprise you... like Brady.

Not the kind of flawed prospect I'd take on. Big arm is great, but he plays with cement shoes, and that's pretty much curtains for a QB.

Not the kind of flawed prospect I'd take on. Big arm is great, but he plays with cement shoes, and that's pretty much curtains for a QB.
I dont want this to get dragged down by any one prospect... I'm much more interested in finding A middle round prospect that Flores likes than a specific one.

You get what you can for Tua...a 2nd, two thirds...whatever.

Think Bucs...they need a succession plan after next year. Maybe Colts...maybe Steelers.

Back
Top Bottom