2021 draft a QB thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 draft a QB thread

No... but there is a Ridder... and maybe a Strong...

No one believed in Brady either

No... but there is a Ridder... and maybe a Strong...

No one believed in Brady either
No, Ridder is not good. He needs years. Maybe he will end up like Josh Dobbs, maybe like Wentz. Not on the elite level we need and very risky pick. More so than Eason last year, and Eason also needs some years of development.
We need Lawrence or trade for a vet.

No, Ridder is not good. He needs years. Maybe he will end up like Josh Dobbs, maybe like Wentz. Not on the elite level we need and very risky pick. More so than Eason last year, and Eason also needs some years of development.
We need Lawrence or trade for a vet.
Well... your OPNION has been noted.

Well... your OPNION has been noted.

No. Eason last season had one problem from being first round qb, he was not scoring nearly enough to be considered a first round QB. But on everything else, he was good, plus the size and arm. You could take him in round 3 and develop him, and he was not a steal. That was the appropriate round for him.

Ridder is not close. In addition to scoring issues like for Eason, he also is borderline with decision making and picks, he takes too many sacks too. He is a little more athletic but he is not athletic enough to be a real threat. Everything about Ridder is borderline and too many things can go wrong. He is much riskier across the board than Eason, and he is objectively a later rounds pick than Eason was last year.
You do not want to draft a guy like that if you need a starting QB.

Is Ridder better than Tua? Maybe, Who knows, because Tua's production in college was unreliable? I don't care to know whether Ridder is better than Tua. I need to know whether Ridder is the ultimate answer at QB. And he is not.

I disagree. There's nothing wrong with having two great QB prospects. It's the best kind of luxury. I love Tua, but if you gave me a cheat that increased his ceiling and his chance of hitting, I'd take it. That's what Miami has the opportunity to do at QB. Miami still will have the resources to build an offense where you give a QB a real shot to lead an explosive offense, and Tua would have every opportunity to keep the job and thrive. Maybe both QB's come up roses. How awful would that be?

There are obviously other options, but it's kind of an unprecedented situation, and Miami would be wise to embrace the opportunity before them. I've been a Tua fan for a while. I like his skills, and I like his chances. I think Miami put him in a bad situation, and they shouldn't hold the struggles of the offense against him. Considering a QB at 3 isn't a knock against him.
Really glad you think that way. I've been thumping the same note tho more aggressively -- and we're just lucky
to be in the situation we're in to basically "double dip" and still get what we want/need elsewhere. It's a smart
move. Point blank -- we absolutely need to add a quality developmental QB to the roster AT LEAST. And I'm
all in for top-shelf competition for Tua. If ??? Tua is indeed a “generational” talent he’ll thrive in the competition.
And bottom line -- young talented QBs are liquid commodities with excellent resale value!

Not even worth discussing IMO. There’s just no way they draft a QB at No. 3 overall. That’s a waste of elite draft capital. You get a top 5 pick 2 years in a row, and you are virtually guanteeing one of them will not be playing.

If you want to have a real QB discussion, let’s talk about the Fins drafting a QB with a later pick, like a high risk / high reward QB. I could see that happening. The Skins did it with RG3 and Cousins. That’s a more likely scenario.

I disagree. There's nothing wrong with having two great QB prospects. It's the best kind of luxury. I love Tua, but if you gave me a cheat that increased his ceiling and his chance of hitting, I'd take it. That's what Miami has the opportunity to do at QB. Miami still will have the resources to build an offense where you give a QB a real shot to lead an explosive offense, and Tua would have every opportunity to keep the job and thrive. Maybe both QB's come up roses. How awful would that be?

There are obviously other options, but it's kind of an unprecedented situation, and Miami would be wise to embrace the opportunity before them. I've been a Tua fan for a while. I like his skills, and I like his chances. I think Miami put him in a bad situation, and they shouldn't hold the struggles of the offense against him. Considering a QB at 3 isn't a knock against him.
I wish I had seen this post earlier. I made the same point in the main forum a few hours ago. I love Tua and was desperate to get him. Given the injury I didn't really care if he played at all in 2020. But now that we qualified for the third pick I would take Zach Wilson without hesitation, if available.

I don't care what the dynamic would be, if they pushed each other or not. The dynamic was obvious with Aaron Rodgers because he'd put together five consecutive lazy pathetic seasons by his standards, and in the prime of his career. Drafting Jordan Love was the ideal kick in the pants, before it was too late.

With two young guys there is plenty of room for comparison and contrast. Flores has already demonstrated he's a juggler. And I don't understand the hesitancy and stale thinking at all. If coaches are receiving less time to prove themselves these days, and quarterbacks are granted less time to prove themselves, and the pro game is evolving more and more toward the college game, then why in heck is there hesitation or scorn in terms of grabbing two top quarterback prospects and allowing them to fight it out, just like college? The analytics guys are going to weigh in on this type of thing very soon and I guarantee that's what their consensus will be. You can fade the salaries. More importantly fade the fear.

Not even worth discussing IMO. There’s just no way they draft a QB at No. 3 overall. That’s a waste of elite draft capital. You get a top 5 pick 2 years in a row, and you are virtually guanteeing one of them will not be playing.

If you want to have a real QB discussion, let’s talk about the Fins drafting a QB with a later pick, like a high risk / high reward QB. I could see that happening. The Skins did it with RG3 and Cousins. That’s a more likely scenario.

How is it a waste?

Unless you somehow acquire the services of Lawrence, I don't think you gamble for a QB with 1a.

I'm all for taking a flyer on one in the mid to later rounds.

I wish I had seen this post earlier. I made the same point in the main forum a few hours ago. I love Tua and was desperate to get him. Given the injury I didn't really care if he played at all in 2020. But now that we qualified for the third pick I would take Zach Wilson without hesitation, if available.

I don't care what the dynamic would be, if they pushed each other or not. The dynamic was obvious with Aaron Rodgers because he'd put together five consecutive lazy pathetic seasons by his standards, and in the prime of his career. Drafting Jordan Love was the ideal kick in the pants, before it was too late.

With two young guys there is plenty of room for comparison and contrast. Flores has already demonstrated he's a juggler. And I don't understand the hesitancy and stale thinking at all. If coaches are receiving less time to prove themselves these days, and quarterbacks are granted less time to prove themselves, and the pro game is evolving more and more toward the college game, then why in heck is there hesitation or scorn in terms of grabbing two top quarterback prospects and allowing them to fight it out, just like college? The analytics guys are going to weigh in on this type of thing very soon and I guarantee that's what their consensus will be. You can fade the salaries. More importantly fade the fear.
hadnt Seen you post in a minute so nice to see you around awsi. What is your analysis of Zach Wilson?

Back
Top Bottom