Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Reaction score
1) Trevor Lawrence Jets
2) Justin Fields Jags
3) Peneii Sewell Cowboys
4) Dolphins from Houston....who ya got?

This is the most ideal trade down scenario there is

I'm not opposed to taking a player a bit higher than they are expected to fall IF that player is the EXACT position and player that your team needs...

And well... you've seen our ILBs over the past few years, and our inability to stop the running game when we have to. I'd take Penei over Parsons if I had the chance based on his extremely high ceiling, but Parsons would do more to finish our defense than any player on the board.

Let me add a bit to what I said above...

Sometimes I think we get a bit too caught up in where players are expected to fall and then refuse to take the direct route to improvement... I've said before that I think Parsons might slide to the 8-10 range as that's what ILBs tend to do most years, and I agree that RBs should not generally be taken in the first round... both statements are within my general belief system...

But when you consider the state of the Miami Dolphins RIGHT NOW... I could see myself turning the card in for Parsons at 4 or 5, and another card for Etienne/Harris at around #20. These are HUGE needs for us and if we could get our choice at both positions at our two most obvious needs... I'd certainly consider it.

Some purists might whine that we'd overpaid here, but what would they say if both players were home run picks? Oh darn... you should have taken another Defensive End?

4 might be too high for Parsons. I’d be calling Washington and Carolina to see if there is a qb they really
4 might be too high for Parsons. I’d be calling Washington and Carolina to see if there is a qb they really want.
I get that as you could get a lot of picks for a quarterback. Parsons would seem to be an absolute perfect pick for Miami, but I like Moses and Bolton as well.

I usually hate RB in round one. Hate it, but if our pick is in the 20s we have to go Etienne. Our current stable of backs has to be the worst in the league by a good margin.

In the scenario painted, I’d see the Cowboys trading down for more picks and the QB going at 3.

But if the board actually went like that, I’d want to trade down a few spots and take one of the elite play making WR’s.

The defense is playing well enough making Parsons a luxury pick in my mind. Would be seriously nice to have him but they are playing well without a LB like him.

The offense on the other hand needs a playmaker. Badly.

In that scenario it is Parsons or a trade down with a QB hungry team.

Best case would be suckering whoever has #5 to move up one and we still get Parsons.

I don't think Houston's pick will be that high though, more likely a few picks later.

I think there could be more of a chance the top of the draft (top 5 or 6 picks) are in play for trades after the Top 2 or 3 picks are made. If Lawrence, Sewell and Fields go top 3. That next group of QB's are going to be heavily desired by the other QB needy teams. Both Lance and potentially Wilson could get a team to pull the trigger to trade up.

It's not impossible to think Miami trades out for potentially another 1st round pick in 2022 and perhaps additional picks in both 2021 and 2022?

There has to be a reason Miami has done so much scouting work on RB's and WR's these last few years.

My guess is they'll pull the trigger on a RB and WR in the 1st round, especially if they've traded back from a top 10 pick into the mid to late 1st round; where several desirable WR's and RB's could be rated highly.

This is the year to get the skill positions settled, the draft is extremely deep at WR. And top heavy at the RB position. Got to start getting some power in that run game and speed on the outside.

I think there could be more of a chance the top of the draft (top 5 or 6 picks) are in play for trades after the Top 2 or 3 picks are made. If Lawrence, Sewell and Fields go top 3. That next group of QB's are going to be heavily desired by the other QB needy teams. Both Lance and potentially Wilson could get a team to pull the trigger to trade up.

It's not impossible to think Miami trades out for potentially another 1st round pick in 2022 and perhaps additional picks in both 2021 and 2022?

There has to be a reason Miami has done so much scouting work on RB's and WR's these last few years.

My guess is they'll pull the trigger on a RB and WR in the 1st round, especially if they've traded back from a top 10 pick into the mid to late 1st round; where several desirable WR's and RB's could be rated highly.

This is the year to get the skill positions settled, the draft is extremely deep at WR. And top heavy at the RB position. Got to start getting some power in that run game and speed on the outside.
As the season progresses, the wide receiver need becomes more profound. Running back is obvious, maybe a 2nd round target but 1st round possible.

I think a trade down could extend Miami's truckload of draft picks. As we know, teams will anti up for a quarterback.

As the season progresses, the wide receiver need becomes more profound. Running back is obvious, maybe a 2nd round target but 1st round possible.

I think a trade down could extend Miami's truckload of draft picks. As we know, teams will anti up for a quarterback.
With Jamar Chase opting out, it might not be the best decision by Miami to potentially select him in the top 5-10 picks. I don’t doubt his talent, but question his only season of big-time production. If he'd had stayed in school and produced again. I'd have no issue taking him so high.

Miami could very well find another player mid 1st to late 1st who has been productive. I guess I'm skeptical of a guy who, wouldn't have played in close to 2 years, by the time he gets to camp.

Which leaves the potential to trade out. I think it's a more viable option as the season has gone on. The 2 most pressing needs seem to be offensive related in RB and Speed WR. The defense has been dominant due to the scheme, which is driving the sack numbers upwards.

Mid to late 1st is the sweet spot for those offensive players Miami might find more attractive.

Back
Top Bottom