2021 Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Draft

Obviously we have to know the draft order and see the board before we can really say what the right move would be.

But trading up or down will be on the table, as well as sitting still and taking what should be 4 long term starters with those first 4 picks.

For me, if i can't have Sewell or Parsons a trade down would look good to me but there is a long time between now and then.

Heres hoping Trey Lance shoots up the boards and commands big time interest in the top 5.

Long way to go but.....

Gun to my head Parsons.

With Jamar Chase opting out, it might not be the best decision by Miami to potentially select him in the top 5-10 picks. I don’t doubt his talent, but question his only season of big-time production. If he'd had stayed in school and produced again. I'd have no issue taking him so high.

Miami could very well find another player mid 1st to late 1st who has been productive. I guess I'm skeptical of a guy who, wouldn't have played in close to 2 years, by the time he gets to camp.

Which leaves the potential to trade out. I think it's a more viable option as the season has gone on. The 2 most pressing needs seem to be offensive related in RB and Speed WR. The defense has been dominant due to the scheme, which is driving the sack numbers upwards.

Mid to late 1st is the sweet spot for those offensive players Miami might find more attractive.
If no trade option, I really want Parsons with that Houston pick.

The 1b might be the perfect spot for a wide receiver. The more I watch him, the more impressive Marshall from LSU is. But Smith or Waddle could be options.

That 1b could also be a spot to greatly upgrade at DT. I will be interested to see what's available there in free agency.

OThis is the most ideal trade down scenario there is

Maybe, maybe not.

Parsons looks like Patrick Willis reincarnated.

But I understand that every single year people love the trade back idea.

I would have a hard time passing on Parsons, he could truly transform the defense.

Getting a big time WR with the Fins pick looks like a possibility, unless they win too many games! ;)

I would have a hard time passing on Parsons, he could truly transform the defense.

Getting a big time WR with the Fins pick looks like a possibility, unless they win too many games! ;)
I'm not a huge fan of taking a WR in the first, most especially in the first half. However, it depends on what's available. If Miami has a pick in the 20ish range, and only 2nd tier players at other positions of need, go ahead and grab a first tier WR. We should have an early 2nd round pick to grab a 2nd tier player at another position.

I agree about taking a WR early in Round 1, but if the Fins are picking outside the teens I could see the value in landing a quality WR.

If that player is BPA I would be fine with it, as adding weapons for Tua is hardly a bad idea.

But I am against targeting any position(outside QB)just because of need.

Walter's latest mock has us taking sewell and parsons. If that happens, as much as I want weapons...how can you possible complain.

Let me add a bit to what I said above...

Sometimes I think we get a bit too caught up in where players are expected to fall and then refuse to take the direct route to improvement... I've said before that I think Parsons might slide to the 8-10 range as that's what ILBs tend to do most years, and I agree that RBs should not generally be taken in the first round... both statements are within my general belief system...

But when you consider the state of the Miami Dolphins RIGHT NOW... I could see myself turning the card in for Parsons at 4 or 5, and another card for Etienne/Harris at around #20. These are HUGE needs for us and if we could get our choice at both positions at our two most obvious needs... I'd certainly consider it.

Some purists might whine that we'd overpaid here, but what would they say if both players were home run picks? Oh darn... you should have taken another Defensive End?
I could be ok with that but I still believe WR is a higher priority than RB but not by much. I agree that this talk about not taking a RB in the first round makes no sense. We need a top RB big time and Etienne and Harris are top RB's imo. I'd think about Chase up there too and trading back is not out of the question either.

Walter's latest mock has us taking sewell and parsons. If that happens, as much as I want weapons...how can you possible complain.
I can and will complain thought it wouldn't change anything. We invested on 3 Oline guys in the draft plus two free agents this year. That's enough corn. Next year we need to go WR,RB and offense and LB,DE on defense.

I can't see how getting the two best non QB's in the Draft would be a bad idea at all. :hclap:

I also can't see it happening. :NUTS:

I can and will complain thought it wouldn't change anything. We invested on 3 Oline guys in the draft plus two free agents this year. That's enough corn. Next year we need to go WR,RB and offense and LB,DE on defense.
Dude, you are way too worried about surrounding Tua with the offensive weapons akin to what he had at Alabama, if you'd complain about getting Sewell and Parsons, but it's not likely to happen anyway, which I stated on Monday:

dolphinsb_logo.gif
Miami Dolphins: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
Oregon_logo.gif

The Dolphins need to do everything in their power to protect Tua Tagovailoa. They don't have the offensive line to properly shield the Alabama product at the moment, but getting Penei Sewell would go a long way in doing so.

Penei Sewell was so good as a sophomore, he received a second-place Heisman vote.

dolphinsb_logo.gif
Miami Dolphins: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
PennState_logo.gif

The Dolphins need to bolster their linebacking corps, as it would be the weak point of their defense if the pass rush is addressed.

Looking like the next great linebacker to come out of Penn State, Micah Parsons was very productive. That was not a surprise, as Parsons was a highly athletic five-star recruit.

Neither is likely to be on the board at those spots, but how amazing would that be?
I think Miami has zero chance of drafting Sewell without a trade up, and if Houston has a little win streak, they're not likely to get Parsons either.

By the way, Tua had an elite offensive line in college too.

Just did one myself, no trades.

4. Micah Parsons LB, Penn State

Fields was on the board, would have entertained a trade down. Wash took him at 7 and as much as I love Parsons swapping 4 for 7 and next's year 1 would have had me moving down.

16. Rashod Bateman WR, Minnesota

A little high for me to go WR but Chase and the Bama boys were gone and Bateman was the best value/need guy there.

36. Jackson Carman OT, Clemson

I still think Hunt is an OG and Carman would look good at RT as pass pro is his strength.Harris went next and I really thought about taking him but that is just to high for RB for me.I admit I second guessed myself right away and probably would go with Harris as Carman has not been great this year. DL was an option here too, as Davis, Stills, Wilson, Basham, Tywamn and Shelvin were all there. Yeah, i think I f-ed up this one. :(

Feel free to imagine Harris or one of the DL's here.

48. Brevin Jordan TE, Miami

A seam weapon for Tua but I could have gone DL here as well, with most of those mentioned above still on the board. Had an option to go S here too but I thought that was too high.

Can you imagine that? Won't happen with the trajectory Miami is on. Parsons would have to drop past 15.

Back
Top Bottom