24 years ago today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

24 years ago today

Good Ol' Days!!

I was 14 and I was never so pissed at the Dolphins D. They simply could not tackle!! So many missed tackles!!The Niners simply ran right at rookie Jay Brophy who just wasn't up to the task or the NFL for that matter. I still can't believe it's been 24 years ago.In 1985, I was at Roosevelt junior high school in Altoona,Pa I remember I didn't have school the next day because it was too cold... lucky for me I had a day to get over the heartache before I had to go back to the wolves where all my friends were Steeler fans!!

The thing I remember most is the Coke Commercial where Montana buys Marino a Coke and Marino says "next year I'll buy." I am still waiting for that next year. I was 10 years old.

It was Diet Pepsi

that was a great, great season that ended horribly in basically a home game for San Fran. ... Miami's 84 team was one of the most dangerous offenses in NFL history ... and Marino's finest season...

unfortunately, that defensive core that carried our heroes through the early 80s was old and tired.... they got beat down in some games down the stretch, including a superb shootout loss vs. the Raiders in the Orange Bowl... 14-2 season, 11-0 start, but we really had to regroup after losses at the Chargers and then LA and Marcus Allen..

we didn't really stand a chance against an all-time great San Fran team... botched some opportunities in the first half... i remember SF had an early fumble that was clear on replay, and the refs kept it with SF .... we lost, 38-16, and only ran the ball 9 times the entire game against a SF defense that was running 6 DBs on first down.... i vividly remember lots of second half Marino sacks and pressures, and the fog rolling in ... it was a nightmare end to a storybook season...

second most disappointing Dolphins loss of all-time for me... second only to the 1992-93 conference championship egg we layed at home to the Bisons...

1994 Division round loss to San Diego was tougher for me to take (oddly) than the 1992 loss to Buffalo. That Buffalo team wa svery good. The Chargers were inferior to us that year. It should have been us at home against SF in Supe XXIX (we would have beaten Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh fo rthe conference title. It was January but the temp the day of the AFC title game was in the 50's and Pittsburgh's secondary was suspect (Woodson was a great player...I couldn't stand him but he was great)

It was 1985 and the Dolphins were in the Super Bowl.

My 18th birthday.

I have the game on DVD and I try to watch it once a year. On this day of course.

Palo Alto was not kind to us that day folks. Neither was Roger Craig. Our last SB appearance unfortunately.

To everyone here. We will get back there. :hi5:

If you think that was bad. Try to imagine my situation. My team has always been the dolphins. Yet in some way I was rooting for Roger Craig to do good. Because he went to the same school I did in high school In Iowa.

Kind of hard not to root for him since he was never really a featured back at Nebraska where he went to college. But never the less it still hurt when they were running all over us.

Back
Top Bottom