49'ers A Possible Trade Down Partner? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49'ers A Possible Trade Down Partner?

Regardless of what we do, when this draft is over, we'll certainly have a much better idea of what kind of drafter Hickey is.

Wanting and getting is two different things.........the picks I suggested are the actual value of moving from 19 to 30....11 spots.

77 which is a upper half 3rd rounder....and 129 which in essence a 4th rounder.

Thats about as good as you'll get in a deep draft.

Thats certainly fair.
It will all depend on who is there for us and how the draft is shaking out.

If I'm dead set on taking a RT like Ja'Wuan James, I'm perfectly fine accepting less than the chart to move back. I'd love to grab a 3rd and a 7th to move back to the Saints or 49'ers area.

There is a chart that assigns value to each pick. Teams use it to trade picks around. For example, if you're first round pick is worth 200, a team wanting that spot will package their picks so they get close or a little over 200 (say a 2nd worth 130 and 3rd worth 75). It's not like they're arbitrarily trading picks around.

A trade down is obviously the best option, it would for sure net us a pretty good tackle and a possible stud at either TE or WR.

I think our best possible trade down scenarios would be if either a top notch db falls to us or if Clinton-Dix were to fall. And as always maybe a qb.

Back
Top Bottom