49ers QB coach Geep Chryst: Miami Dolphins’ defense prepared us for New England | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers QB coach Geep Chryst: Miami Dolphins’ defense prepared us for New England

negative? I SPOKE THE TRUTH.
I dont understand how people are "HAPPY" to see us being a bloew 500 team as long as someone says something good about us.

To me WINS PLAYOFFS CONTENDING SUPERBOWL MAKES ME HAPPY NOT BELOW .500 WITH A GOOD REVIEW FROM A COACH but thats why I strive to be GREAT not average, if everyone had that personality there would be millionaires all over the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont understand how people are "HAPPY" to see us being a bloew 500 team as long as someone says something good about us.

To me WINS PLAYOFFS CONTENDING SUPERBOWL MAKES ME HAPPY NOT BELOW .500 WITH A GOOD REVIEW FROM A COACH but thats why I strive to be GREAT not average, if everyone had that personality there would be millionaires all over the world.

I think it's just more about you are upset with the past, and some of us are excited and looking forward to this offseason and next year.
Yeah obviously last year we didn't get the job done. Everybody knows that.
But we are not going to be the same team next year.
People are just happy because we have some awesome pieces going forward.

This was actually a pretty cool article, not the run of the mill ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whats funny, is you thought MIA would contend this past year. Anyone with half a brain knew what this season had in store for us. But having high expectations, for a rookie QB, a rookie HC and putting this team on sound footing for this year financially were on tap. Sadly, you and many like you, didn't understand what was happening.

This season was about development. And Tannehill did just that. Now keep your heads in the clouds thinking MIA was a SB team this year.

In the real world there are moral victories. No team goes 19-0 every year. Would I have rather won more than 7 games ?, of course, but I think this franchise is on the right path, and that is all that I ask. Do I expect the Phins to compete for a Superbowl next year ? No, but if this team keeps growing, and we catch a couple of breaks, I think we can be really good in 2015-16.

Gives some confidence about the future. The key is being able to keep our defense together. We must resign Clemons and sign Jones long term. Then develop a plan about our LB's and DL since several of them are going to be FA's next year.

Toughness on defense is our best trait. Very valuable. I love not being a physical pushover. That was one of the reasons I despised the Marino years, that our offensive style and lackadaisical approach naturally lent itself to beings wimps in the trenches.

Still, without great talent you can't count on the defense to be suffocating every game. There will be logical lapses. We're dependent on intensity and preparation more than outstanding ability. You can't sustain that for four months. Always keep that in mind when the claims show up that we're a top 5 defense...

Toughness on defense is our best trait. Very valuable. I love not being a physical pushover. That was one of the reasons I despised the Marino years, that our offensive style and lackadaisical approach naturally lent itself to beings wimps in the trenches.

Still, without great talent you can't count on the defense to be suffocating every game. There will be logical lapses. We're dependent on intensity and preparation more than outstanding ability. You can't sustain that for four months. Always keep that in mind when the claims show up that we're a top 5 defense...
You despised the Marino years?

Yeah, I forgot about the dropped punt, but underdog team so often do that. When you tell a team that they have to play a perfect game to win,it almost guarantees some kind of colossal boner will occur. Both that game and the home game against the Pats were pretty much ruined in the first quarter by getting into a whole that they don't have the firepower to crawl out of.
Also, being that necessity is the mother of invention, neither the Pats nor the '9ers were in any real hurry to bury us in those games and probably would've scored 40+ if they felt it necessary. The Pats ended the aforementioned game with a nice easy TD drive to ice that game too.
The difference between 7 wins and 10 wins is gigantic for this team. We have to get a LOT better.

Back
Top Bottom