5 picks in the top 96 into 3 1st round picks next year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 picks in the top 96 into 3 1st round picks next year?

I like that scenario. Honestly, if I were GM, I'd identify all the elite players in the draft and try to get two of them. That's what this team needs, not just guys that can compete for jobs and maybe be ok starters. It's definitely possibly that the Dolphins will have a top 5 pick. I see the team winning about 5 games. So if that happens, most likely an elite guy will be there when we draft in round one. We might have to trade up quite a bit to get another elite guy, but at least now we have the ammunition to do that.

Really it depends on the prospects..If there are good players at the top of the draft...then go right ahead and do it..

looks like i'm gonna be looking at prospects early again this year...would be nice to get to bowl season before for once...

Hear me out, The Vikings last year traded back into round one with a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Given our lack of success in round 2 and 3 in general, I hope we package our 2nd and 3rd and move back into round 1.

Personally I would LOVE to have this scenario:

Currently we have 5 picks (Our 1st, 2 2nds, and 2 3rds) in the top 96. I think we should combine our 2nd and 3rd round picks 2 times and change it into having 3 picks in the top 32 or 3 1st round picks. with the new CBA the contracts makes sense and our lack of elite talent I think we would be way better off having 3 in the top 32 instead of 5 in the top 96.

Thoughts?

That would be great. I'm no draft expert, but I'm pretty sure its not very common to get a 1st for a 2nd and a 3rd. Unless, the 1st received is very low and both the 2nd and 3rd given is very high. If that is the case, I don't see the point in trading excellent 2nd and 3rd round picks just to move up a few places to get you back into the first 32. Unless, there's a specific player you MUST have and you are certain of. And I don't think those conditions are going to be met very often either.

Witho ur luck we will get the #1 pick just a year to late to pick up Luck.

In term, we will trade out of it, get robbed by gaining only a 2nd and a 7th, move back to a 5-10 spot in round 1, than a RE drafted in rd 1, a G rd 2, and a DT rd 3.

Than back to square one, us bitchign about where is our CB, S, WR, and TE play.

i have always been on the quality over quantity mentality as far as the draft.

as others have mentioned, can you imagine what the team would look like if ireland would have landed just 2 blue chip players in the past 4 years drafts?

if he would have brought in one hi end, blue chip f/a every year?

we are all having vastly different conversations on the boards right now if he had. a whole lot more love in the house!!

and i dont mind some of the combo scenerios some have come up with, but, and its a reality, i dont have the confidence ireland would actually use them on blue chip, big school, big production players.

all those "i am going to dazzle everyone with my small school, injured, 6 total college games" players he likes to draft would all just become first and 2nd rounders. he would just moventhem up on his board.

i dont think we are done yet. and we will have some more draft pics as i think daniel thomas or steve slaton or reggie bush is going to be a detroit lion.

and i think jake long may be on the block. he is a free agent at seasons end. he is going to command HUGE, HUGE money and there will be teams better than us who will pay that or more for him. we have a bunch of cap money next year, thats true, but notice there are NO talks of getting long signed to a long term deal. not even a whisper!!

why? the finz know he will be THE free agent, and one from a premium position. you would think they would be trying like hell, even over the off season to get a deal done. but theres been nothing!

tells me they know [and i dont blame him] that he is going to see what happens in f/agency. i am sure they have approached him in private and he has said i plan on seeing what the market is for me.

SOOOO....... he is gone. i am 98% sure he is outa here. SO LETS GET SOMETHING FOR HIM? he is a huge commodity that we have a #1 selection and a good 90 mill in salary and signing bonuses and season incentives. i wouldnt even talk about a jake trade if it wasnt obvious he is going to enter f/a and will most likely go to a team that is much closer or already is a contender. if this season had ANY chance of a playoff spot, i wouldnt talk a jake trade. but, we are a 3-5 win [5 would be an acheivment] team, so whats the point of having him around for a worthless year just to go, oooohhh, theres jake long, oohhh, he's a stud!!

the name of the game now is REBUILDING with young, hungry players not spoiled and soiled by other regimes, systems and bad habbits and we need LOTS of top end draft choices. we have a 1, 2 #2's and 2 3's. can you imagine the pics jake long would command? you can add another 1st round and 2-3 other hi to mid round pics with that.

all those hi picks. all that cap room. AND free agency!!

get the picture? we could do a pretty quick rebuild with the bounties of those pics and money. is passing that up worth keeping jake and ohhing and aahing his guns and tats for a year that means nothing?

git er done jeff!!

Witho ur luck we will get the #1 pick just a year to late to pick up Luck.

In term, we will trade out of it, get robbed by gaining only a 2nd and a 7th, move back to a 5-10 spot in round 1, than a RE drafted in rd 1, a G rd 2, and a DT rd 3.

Than back to square one, us bitchign about where is our CB, S, WR, and TE play.

WE FEEL your pain brutha!!

just let it all out. your among friends, and were all hurting to. :tantrum:

Back
Top Bottom