51 pass attempts

Discussion in 'General NFL Forum' started by SkapePhin, Feb 9, 2005.

1. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

2. LOCAL SCUM!

LOCAL SCUM! Banned Hammered

Yeah...How many times did AJ get 300 yards?? Not often.. Or ONCE!!? How many times did he have a multiple Interception game?? Like 6 of the 8?

3. Skunkape

Skunkape Member

the only difference is that feeley is bad every game, mcnabb choked in the SB, somewhere feeley will never get

4. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

its foolish to compare bufflos d to new englands.

5. SkapePhin

Again, you must qualify his performances with the state of the offense itself. He was a first year starter, in a system designed for a player no longer on the team, being protected by boyscouts! All we needed to see was progression this year, and that was shown.. Then, when you compare his bad performaces against bad performances of all-stars, they are remarkably similar, especially seeing as how that all-star was his mentor..

Fact is, MOST QBs forced to throw 51 times will turn into turnover machines, especially a 1st year starter.

6. SkapePhin

How so? Buffalo has a Top 3 D. And if you want to compare them against the same D, Feeley had 0 INTS vs NE, but, of course, they had a more balances offense that day and he wasnt forced to throw 51 times.

7. MiamiMan147

MiamiMan147 I'm a Rocket Man

Mcnabb had much better protection than Feeley did.

8. SQuinn17

buffalo has a top 3 d?? no. top 3 pats, eagles, steelers.

9. john00agent

john00agent tuna safe

well, at least someone understand football around here!

10. john00agent

john00agent tuna safe

and was able to practice b/c he didnt get the Sh!t beat out of him the game before....

11. SkapePhin

12. PhiNomina

PhiNomina FinHeaven VIP

Different games have different results guys. Just because they had a similar number of attempts doesn't mean its a dead on fact that Feeley is as good as McNabb. This is like when everyone said Feeley beat NE (he didn't, the team did) so he is better than all other teams in the league. Single game stats are horribly misleading, everytime a good QB has a bad game everyone compares them to Feeley having 5-6 bad games.

13. SkapePhin

Did I ever say Feeley was as good as McNabb? I am just pointing out that even Top 3 QBs who are forced to throw 51 times will throw multiple picks.

And on multiple bad games, AGAIN you MUST qualify the QB's performance with the performances of his surrounding cast!

I gave Ray Lucas full blame for his abhorrent performances because he had a stud in the backfield and a decent supporting cast, same with Griese, now for Feeley's first year, you had to take into account the horrid situation he was placed in, and in the end, to many, people saw improvement and talent that can be polished.

14. NYinBostonFin

NYinBostonFin Playoffs Please!!

Feeley will play better this year give him a chance. I thought people would have a little more patience having dealt w/ fielder so long.
    NEWS FLASH: there was no line, no pro-bowl rb, and the worst offensive coach in the nfl. How many times was feeley 3rd and long b/c wanny ran the ball on the 1st 2 downs last season. Did feeley play w/ first squad during preseason? No
    This arguement is so old and the people that arent willing to give feeley some chance just like complaining about the situation. I can see if he has more time, a rb, and a game plan, if he still tosses more int than tds its a diff story. As of now shut up and deal. Im sure saban will make a move if he doesnt improve not sign him for a ridiculous contract fo 5 yrs.

15. HEAVYHITTER

HEAVYHITTER Active Member

thats a stretch

16. MDolphins2003

MDolphins2003 Well-Known Member

:roflmao: It's Funny SEE DAN being compared to JAY2.... :roflmao:

How many games did AJ (JAY2) thrown a pick for a TD......4 or 5!!!! :fire:

The Waterboy known as AJ or JAY2 will be here for a SHORT STAY as a STARTER.... :lol:

17. chillin6776

chillin6776 Starter

why, Buffalo had the number 1 or 2 D in the league....they are awsome....

18. PhiNomina

PhiNomina FinHeaven VIP

We had no oline and no running game because Feeley and his "great arm" couldn't get the ball down the field. There were times we DID have good protection, and Feeley would never throw the ball over 5 yards. Look at his ypa compared to Feidlers this year, a full yard difference behind the SAME LINE. And the line at the end of the year actually played pretty well for AJ. Yeah the line and running game sucked, but without a deep threat its pretty easy to stack the box.

Its a two way street, Feeley didn't have a chance because the oline sucked, the running game sucked because Feeley sucked. Stop making excuses for AJ and not for anyone else.

19. SkapePhin

:shakeno:

What makes an INT different than a Pick 6? A Pick 6 is an INT in which noone on offense can tackle.. If anything, it was a stretch of bad luck that all those were returned for TDs, you can fault him for the INTs, but to fault him more harshly because they were returned for TDs is unfair, if anything, the fact they were returned for TDs should be blamed on the Offensive Playcalling for the types of plays called.

20. SQuinn17

21. SkapePhin

HAHAHA! Newsflash, the Running Game sucked FOR EVERYONE! Aj didnt throw down the field? Not sure what team you were watching, but I saw him make some awesome throws down field and complete. Yet, the majority of the time such a play was called he had two hands in his face a milisecond after the snap.

Stop heaping all the blame on AJ and not anyone else.

22. SkapePhin

WTF? You were disputing they had a top 3 defense, and I showed you the stat, what does the fact they didnt get very far have to factor in with AJ's performance vs that top 2 D? The Bills didnt get very far because their O SUCKED *** (very much like ours) in the beginning of the season, not because of their D.

23. PhiNomina

PhiNomina FinHeaven VIP

???? I never said the running game played well for anyone, but protection was obviously better the last few games.

And if there were all these deep throws why don't you show them to me? His longest completion was 38 yards...by no means a deep ball for a guy with such a cannon arm everyone is talking about.

Hell Fiedler has HALF the talent of Feeley and he had 19 balls over 20 yrds and 3 over 40 on about HALF hte attempts AJ had. Feeley had 15 over 20 yrds. Obviously Feeley has trouble gettin the ball down the field. Feidler had the same oline and running game so quit using that excuse over and over again.

24. tartan y fronts

tartan y fronts Starter

lies
    DAMN lies
    statistics.

nuff said.

25. SkapePhin

Fiedler had 3 passes over 40 yards this year? I would LOVE to see that... Somehow I believe that was a dumpoff screen pass to Chambers or something.. I cant envision a Fiedler 40 yard Flutter Ball being completed..

Fiedler's 20+ passes are mostly YAC if you could see the stats on them, whereas Feeley's 20 plus are strikes that actually hit the receiver 20+ yards down the field. As for anything over 40+ THROUGH THE AIR, I dont think ANY of our QBs would have had time to complete such a pass with the state of the Oline.. I sure as heck cannot recall any...

26. nydolphinfan

nydolphinfan DOLPHIN POWER

We need a QB that can throw the deep ball. Aj throws all of these short passes. He sucks. Get somebody else in here to put the heat on him and press him.

27. yankeehillbilly

yankeehillbilly FinHeaven VIP

thats pretty lame.
    how many points did the bills D give up?
    how many yards?

by the way....our D is pretty good. Good enough that a few all pro QBs have said they dread facing the Phins more than any other D. But we didnt even break .500 this year.....does that mean our D sucks?

28. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 FinHeaven Elite

And he is much better then Feeley, this is a silly thread!

29. PhiNomina

PhiNomina FinHeaven VIP

Tell ya what, you and I are not going to agree on anything here haha. If anyone knows the plays that Feidler got his 40+ yard passes please post them.

Thing is Fiedler still has 4 more passes over 20 than Feeley, I doubt that 22 of Fiedlers passes were screens, he really did take more chances down the field. If Feeley is going to throw INT's anyways might as well get the ball down the field.

30. NJFINSFAN1

AJ can't throw a deep pass either, look at his stats, all his passes he had only three over 30 or 40 also! Stats can be made to look anyway you want them!

31. SkapePhin

The ONE thing you MUST give Feeley over McNabb is that he doesnt puke all over himself when ever he is thrust into pressure situations.

When you look at both the Eagles and Phins games Vs NE, they were similar situations at the end.. Feeley completed a long 4th Down to win the game, whereas McNabb gets ill and runs a lackadaisical 2 minute drill to eventually lose the game (although he did have that AWESOME strike to (forget who) in the endzone in the final minute or so).. McNabb has a history of puking in such situations... In Syracuse, a qualifying game for the Orange Bowl, a game last year that was caught on tape..

32. PhiNomina

PhiNomina FinHeaven VIP

He didn't have ANY over 40 yds

33. SkapePhin

Noone had TIME to throw such passes... Even Chambers was complaining that those deep routes werent even being called by the end of the season because of the time issue.

How many such plays did Feeley have in Philly? Did you look up those stats?

34. NJFINSFAN1

First off, I think Feeley will be our starter this year.

But he may not puke, but he showed he panics is the pocket, he looks not very comfy in there at all. Compare it to Sage's first start, he looked good in the pocket and more at home.

Again, AJ most likely will be our starter, but he sure has a ton to prove before I'm ready to start comparing him with any top 20 QB.

35. PhiNomina

PhiNomina FinHeaven VIP

Over 168 attempts he had 17 over 20 and 3 over 40...not much better

In 2002 when he started those few games he avg 6.52 ypa. Not exactly lighting it up. In fact Fiedler (not arguing he should start or be anywhere near the Phins in teh future) has averaged more than that every year as a starter except this one (where he didn't start long).

36. PhiNomina

PhiNomina FinHeaven VIP

I completely agree, AJ looks rattled in the pocket. He does have a very nice arm and great competitive spirit. But his pocket presense is TERRIBLE.

I really hope Sage gets a shot. He looked poised back there and ready to compete. I really don't see him having any less potential than AJ (keep in mind I don't think either has much as a long-term starter)

37. DiepatriotsDie

DiepatriotsDie Seasoned Veteran

Feeley also did fine against Cleveland. The fifth ranked pass defense in the NFL, which whupped up on Brady a few weeks before. AJ threw one pick in his final three games. That's improvement. Much more next year I'm sure.

38. PhiNomina

PhiNomina FinHeaven VIP

When did Clev get the 5th ranked pass defense???

39. MDolphins2003

MDolphins2003 Well-Known Member

The only unfair thing about AJ.....is that we gave a 2nd for a 3rd string QB.

I bet Miami could not get a 3rd for him now.

Okay Miami had a HORRIBLE OL last season. That is why AJ sucked in most games right...WRONG. That is not fair to blame the OL for throwing a BAITED PICK for a TD.

The Giants also had a HORRIBLE OL last season....Warner was lighting it up early.

AJ is a #2 playing a #1......THAT IS NOT FAIR.

Miami had 2 Good WR's....a damn good TE...But AJ could not get it done. Plain and SIMPLE.

There was plenty of plays where he HAD TIME...still throw a PICK or had time and was way off target...So the OLD....THE OL SUCKED that is why AJ SUCKED...can go right out the WINDOW and into the TRASH CAN.

Bad OL...YES
    GOOD WR...YES
    GOOD TE...YES
    Below Average RB....Yes

Overall AJ SUCKED!!! :roflmao:

Also most INT's are from a DEEP PASS....AJ's Int for TD's were from him being BAITED into throwing short passes....LB...CB just waiting for him to throw the rock after he LOCKED on to the WR or RB. AJ can read a defense as well as a High School Starter...Good luck trying to take up for AJ..He has heart...He has moxy...But his game is equal to a BACKUP!!! :lol: :mad: :tongue: :roflmao:

40. NJFINSFAN1

If they did it was because you could run on them all day!