51 pass attempts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

51 pass attempts

NJFINSFAN1 said:
And he is much better then Feeley, this is a silly thread!

The ONE thing you MUST give Feeley over McNabb is that he doesnt puke all over himself when ever he is thrust into pressure situations.

When you look at both the Eagles and Phins games Vs NE, they were similar situations at the end.. Feeley completed a long 4th Down to win the game, whereas McNabb gets ill and runs a lackadaisical 2 minute drill to eventually lose the game (although he did have that AWESOME strike to (forget who) in the endzone in the final minute or so).. McNabb has a history of puking in such situations... In Syracuse, a qualifying game for the Orange Bowl, a game last year that was caught on tape..

NJFINSFAN1 said:
AJ can't throw a deep pass either, look at his stats, all his passes he had only three over 30 or 40 also! Stats can be made to look anyway you want them!

He didn't have ANY over 40 yds

NJFINSFAN1 said:
AJ can't throw a deep pass either, look at his stats, all his passes he had only three over 30 or 40 also! Stats can be made to look anyway you want them!

Noone had TIME to throw such passes... Even Chambers was complaining that those deep routes werent even being called by the end of the season because of the time issue.

How many such plays did Feeley have in Philly? Did you look up those stats?

SkapePhin said:
The ONE thing you MUST give Feeley over McNabb is that he doesnt puke all over himself when ever he is thrust into pressure situations.

When you look at both the Eagles and Phins games Vs NE, they were similar situations at the end.. Feeley completed a long 4th Down to win the game, whereas McNabb gets ill and runs a lackadaisical 2 minute drill to eventually lose the game (although he did have that AWESOME strike to (forget who) in the endzone in the final minute or so).. McNabb has a history of puking in such situations... In Syracuse, a qualifying game for the Orange Bowl, a game last year that was caught on tape..
First off, I think Feeley will be our starter this year.

But he may not puke, but he showed he panics is the pocket, he looks not very comfy in there at all. Compare it to Sage's first start, he looked good in the pocket and more at home.

Again, AJ most likely will be our starter, but he sure has a ton to prove before I'm ready to start comparing him with any top 20 QB.

SkapePhin said:
Noone had TIME to throw such passes... Even Chambers was complaining that those deep routes werent even being called by the end of the season because of the time issue.

How many such plays did Feeley have in Philly? Did you look up those stats?

Over 168 attempts he had 17 over 20 and 3 over 40...not much better

In 2002 when he started those few games he avg 6.52 ypa. Not exactly lighting it up. In fact Fiedler (not arguing he should start or be anywhere near the Phins in teh future) has averaged more than that every year as a starter except this one (where he didn't start long).

NJFINSFAN1 said:
First off, I think Feeley will be our starter this year.

But he may not puke, but he showed he panics is the pocket, he looks not very comfy in there at all. Compare it to Sage's first start, he looked good in the pocket and more at home.

Again, AJ most likely will be our starter, but he sure has a ton to prove before I'm ready to start comparing him with any top 20 QB.

I completely agree, AJ looks rattled in the pocket. He does have a very nice arm and great competitive spirit. But his pocket presense is TERRIBLE.

I really hope Sage gets a shot. He looked poised back there and ready to compete. I really don't see him having any less potential than AJ (keep in mind I don't think either has much as a long-term starter)

Feeley also did fine against Cleveland. The fifth ranked pass defense in the NFL, which whupped up on Brady a few weeks before. AJ threw one pick in his final three games. That's improvement. Much more next year I'm sure.

SkapePhin said:
:shakeno:

What makes an INT different than a Pick 6? A Pick 6 is an INT in which noone on offense can tackle.. If anything, it was a stretch of bad luck that all those were returned for TDs, you can fault him for the INTs, but to fault him more harshly because they were returned for TDs is unfair, if anything, the fact they were returned for TDs should be blamed on the Offensive Playcalling for the types of plays called.

The only unfair thing about AJ.....is that we gave a 2nd for a 3rd string QB.

I bet Miami could not get a 3rd for him now.

Okay Miami had a HORRIBLE OL last season. That is why AJ sucked in most games right...WRONG. That is not fair to blame the OL for throwing a BAITED PICK for a TD.

The Giants also had a HORRIBLE OL last season....Warner was lighting it up early.

AJ is a #2 playing a #1......THAT IS NOT FAIR.

Miami had 2 Good WR's....a damn good TE...But AJ could not get it done. Plain and SIMPLE.

There was plenty of plays where he HAD TIME...still throw a PICK or had time and was way off target...So the OLD....THE OL SUCKED that is why AJ SUCKED...can go right out the WINDOW and into the TRASH CAN.

Bad OL...YES
GOOD WR...YES
GOOD TE...YES
Below Average RB....Yes

Overall AJ SUCKED!!! :roflmao:

Also most INT's are from a DEEP PASS....AJ's Int for TD's were from him being BAITED into throwing short passes....LB...CB just waiting for him to throw the rock after he LOCKED on to the WR or RB. AJ can read a defense as well as a High School Starter...Good luck trying to take up for AJ..He has heart...He has moxy...But his game is equal to a BACKUP!!! :lol: :mad: :tongue: :roflmao:

On NFL.com, the browns were not in the top 6 in the AFC or top 12 in the NFL (all they showed) in passing.

MDolphins2003 said:
The only unfair thing about AJ.....is that we gave a 2nd for a 3rd string QB.

I bet Miami could not get a 3rd for him now.

Okay Miami had a HORRIBLE OL last season. That is why AJ sucked in most games right...WRONG. That is not fair to blame the OL for throwing a BAITED PICK for a TD.

The Giants also had a HORRIBLE OL last season....Warner was lighting it up early.

AJ is a #2 playing a #1......THAT IS NOT FAIR.

Miami had 2 Good WR's....a damn good TE...But AJ could not get it done. Plain and SIMPLE.

There was plenty of plays where he HAD TIME...still throw a PICK or had time and was way off target...So the OLD....THE OL SUCKED that is why AJ SUCKED...can go right out the WINDOW and into the TRASH CAN.

Bad OL...YES
GOOD WR...YES
GOOD TE...YES
Below Average RB....Yes

Overall AJ SUCKED!!! :roflmao:

Also most INT's are from a DEEP PASS....AJ's Int for TD's were from him being BAITED into throwing short passes....LB...CB just waiting for him to throw the rock after he LOCKED on to the WR or RB. AJ can read a defense as well as a High School Starter...Good luck trying to take up for AJ..He has heart...He has moxy...But his game is equal to a BACKUP!!! :lol: :mad: :tongue: :roflmao:

How exactly did NYG have a HORRIBLE OL if Tiki was having practicially a 200 yard game every week?

NFL network showed Cleveland to have number 5 pass defense yesterday during the Crennel press conference. Perhaps it was wrong. I don't know.

PhiNomina said:
I completely agree, AJ looks rattled in the pocket. He does have a very nice arm and great competitive spirit. But his pocket presense is TERRIBLE.

I really hope Sage gets a shot. He looked poised back there and ready to compete. I really don't see him having any less potential than AJ (keep in mind I don't think either has much as a long-term starter)

I dont know where you guys get that.. I think this is the fundamental difference between Feeley haters and Feeley supporters. I saw a poised QB back there.. Not panicked at all, UNLESS you are bringing up instances in games such as Cinci in which he might as well had a finish line in front of him rather than an O-line.. The only times Feeley looked panicked to me was in a game in which the pocket was flooded with 3 defenders on every play.

Back
Top Bottom