53 man roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

53 man roster

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Imagine that this is our starting lineup and key backups:

QB- AJ Feeley (Jay Fiedler)

FB- Rob Konrad (Sammy Morris)

RB- Ricky Williams (Travis Minor)

WR- David Boston, Chris Chambers (Marvin Minnis, Derrius Thompson)

TE- Randy McMichael (Donald Lee)

OL- Wade Smith, Jeno James, Seth Mckinney, Taylor Whitley, Vernon Carey (John St. Clair, Damion McIntosh, Greg Jerman, Tony Pape, Billy Yates)

DL- Jason Taylor, Wale Ogunleye, Tim Bowens, Larry Chester (Otis Grigsby, Dario Romero, Jay Williams, Jeff Zgonina, David Bowens)

LB- Morlon Greenwood, Zach Thomas, Junior Seau (Tony Bua, Corey Jenkins, Eddie Moore)

DB- Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison, Sammy Knight, Antuan Edwards (Chris Akins, Arturo Freeman, Reggie Howard, Will Poole)

There is only one offensive starter (and no backups) left from the JJ era. There are only 5 starters on defense (and Tim Bowens was from Shula) from the JJ era. There are also very few backups on defense from the JJ era. If this team performs (makes playoffs and wins at least one playoff game), would this change anyone's mind about the FO and the coaching staff?

Given the nearly complete turnover of the roster and a better winning % than the JJ era, do people believe that the FO just might be doing some things right? IMO, its pretty remarkable that there has been so much change without the team going into the tank. Also, I don't think Wanny gets enough credit for his coaching.

Thoughts?
I THINK YOUR RIGHT , BUT THE PROBLEM WITH WANNY IS HE'S JUST TO NICE A GUY ... IF HE WAS A PR@@K AND NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT SOME PEOPLE THINK THEN HE'D BE A VERY GOOD COACH . COME ON WANNY KICK SOME A*S IN THAT LOCKER ROOM AND LET THESE GUYS WORK HARD !!! AND IF THEY DON'T, GET RID OF THEM WHOM EVER IT MAY BE . FROM RICKY TO PAPE TO SUTAIN EVERYONE IS ACCOUNTABLE THATS THAT .

I don't see us carrying 6 wide receivers. We never do and what with the PS being extended, I expect 2 to be on there. Plus, I will be surprised if Yeremiah Bell doesn't make the roster.

We did last year. You can actually have 55 players in bold because McIntosh will be on the PUP so he won't count & Ogunleye not signing the tender won't count.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

OL- Wade Smith, Jeno James, Seth Mckinney, Taylor Whitley, Vernon Carey (John St. Clair, Damion McIntosh, Greg Jerman, Tony Pape, Billy Yates)

DL- Jason Taylor, Wale Ogunleye, Tim Bowens, Larry Chester (Otis Grigsby, Dario Romero, Jay Williams, Jeff Zgonina, David Bowens)

LB- Morlon Greenwood, Zach Thomas, Junior Seau (Tony Bua, Corey Jenkins, Eddie Moore)

DB- Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison, Sammy Knight, Antuan Edwards (Chris Akins, Arturo Freeman, Reggie Howard, Will Poole)

There is only one offensive starter (and no backups) left from the JJ era. There are only 5 starters on defense (and Tim Bowens was from Shula) from the JJ era. There are also very few backups on defense from the JJ era. If this team performs (makes playoffs and wins at least one playoff game), would this change anyone's mind about the FO and the coaching staff?

Given the nearly complete turnover of the roster and a better winning % than the JJ era, do people believe that the FO just might be doing some things right? IMO, its pretty remarkable that there has been so much change without the team going into the tank. Also, I don't think Wanny gets enough credit for his coaching.

Thoughts?

Don't rain on the "turn the bums out" fest by providing facts.

Finsflurry said:
After attending the past few camps and getting a good look at some of our guys, I think I have a fairly decent idea of what our roster will look like. I'll put the people who I think will make the team in bold. (PS means Practice squad)

QB- AJ Feeley,Jay Fiedler,Sage Rosenfels,Clint Stoerner

FB- Rob Konrad, Sammy Morris, Ben Moa, Doug Easlick

RB- Ricky Williams, Travis Minor, Leonard Henry, Fred Russell (PS), Renaldo Works

WR- Ronald Bellamy, David Boston, Chris Chambers, Nick Davis, Willie Johnson, Marvin Minnis, Carl Morris, Kendall Newson (PS), Sam Simmons, Derrius Thompson, JR Tolver, Terrence Wilkins (from what I've seen he's not going to make it)

TE- John Jones, Donald Lee, Randy McMichael, Ed Perry, Hart Turner

OL- Brad Bedell, Vernon Carey, Dan Godspeed, Rex Hadnot (PS), Jeno James, Greg Jerman, Shawn Lynch, Seth Mckinney, Damion McIntosh, Tony Pape, Wade Smith, John St. Clair, Andy Wagstrom, Taylor Whitley, Eric Wilson, Billy Yates

DL- Tim Bowens, Nate Bolling, Tony Brown, Larry Chester, Ronald Flemons, Otis Grigsby, Aaron Hunt, Josh Mallard, Wale Ogunleye, Dario Romero, Jerome Stevens, Jason Taylor, Jay Williams, Jeff Zgonina, David Bowens

LB- Brandon Ayanbadejo, Tony Bua, Branden Givan, Molon Greenwodd, Corey Jenkins, Kevin Mitchell, Eddie Moore, Derrick Pope (PS), Junior Seau, Winston Taylor, Zach Thomas

DB- Chris Akins, Korey Banks, Yeremiah Bell (PS), Antuan Edwards, Arturo Freeman, Reggie Howard, Sammy Knight, Mesidor Lousidor, Sam Madison, Kelvin Millhouse, Will Poole, Alphonso Roundtree (PS), Patrick Surtain, Quintin Williams, Shawn Wooden

P/K/SP/LS - Matt Turk, Derek Jones, Olindo Mare, Will Delahoussaye
Not bad but I highly doubt that they'll carry 6 WR's.Of course you know that Sam will be there and I agree with boomer that Bell will make the team.I'd count on Waly being there and Romero not making it.Russell's gonna give Henry a run for his money imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Based on what we've seen the past few seasons, I'd expect the numbers at each position to break down like this
QB - 3
RB/FB - 5
WR - 5
TE/LS - 4
OL - 9
DL - 9
LB - 6
DB - 10
K - 1
P - 1
Total = 53

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Thoughts?

Very good point. I think the issue is not that people believe that Wannstedt is a terrible coach or that the FO is incompetent, rather, that Wannstedt and the FO are not competent enough to take this team to a Super Bowl.

Then again, maybe there are people who genuinely believe that everyone in the organization is brain-dead. And there's not much reasoning to be done with them.

For my part, I think Wannstedt is an average NFL coach. I could probably think of about 15-16 guys I'd rather have, and 15-16 guys that aren't as good. Can an average NFL coach go to a Super Bowl? Sure. Bill Callahan made it a couple years ago, and he was exposed as a total fraud.

phunwin said:
Very good point. I think the issue is not that people believe that Wannstedt is a terrible coach or that the FO is incompetent, rather, that Wannstedt and the FO are not competent enough to take this team to a Super Bowl.

Then again, maybe there are people who genuinely believe that everyone in the organization is brain-dead. And there's not much reasoning to be done with them.

For my part, I think Wannstedt is an average NFL coach. I could probably think of about 15-16 guys I'd rather have, and 15-16 guys that aren't as good. Can an average NFL coach go to a Super Bowl? Sure. Bill Callahan made it a couple years ago, and he was exposed as a total fraud.

I think averaging 10 wins per year over 4 years is a good start. They definitely need to show that they can take the next step. I think this year will be a year where the team performs well enough to make the playoffs, but A SB run is at least a year away. If the core set of players can gel, the team is well positioned with a nice blend of veterans and young players.

The next few years will tell. If they don't make a legitimate SB run in the next 3 years, then changes are necessary top to bottom. Or it there is a flame out this year, changes should be made sooner.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Thoughts?

I agree Wanny is not a terrible coach, but I still will never think of him as a great coach. I don't remember which draft of nfl special I was watching but even there they called our defense the "biggest under-achiever" last year. With all the talent that is on this team it should be better. I just don't like his too conservative approach in EVERY game (except one-Dallas last year).

I do think that Wanny has put together a fantastic coaching staff, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I like the fact that he has the assistants really uping the tempo and focusing on details, that IMHO will pay off down the road. I also lke that he is staying away more and watching..then providing his inputs here and there.

Back
Top Bottom