8 year old Jets fan tackled to the ground by Browns fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8 year old Jets fan tackled to the ground by Browns fan

Slim

VIPeezy
Reaction score
What has this world come to??? Obsession over sports is seriously out of hand... i love my team and all but man oh man.

An 8-year-old New York Jets fan was tackled by an adult Browns fan after Sunday's game, according to a television station in Cleveland.

The boy went to the game at Cleveland Browns Stadium in a Jets jersey with his father, who was born in New York. Much to the chagrin of the local crowd, the Jets rallied for a 26-20 overtime victory. The boy's mother, identified only as Danielle by ABC affiliate WEWS because she didn't want to reveal her last name, said the fans in the stadium were great, but things got out of control after the game.

"Calling him a bad word, to my husband and to my son, throwing food at them," she said, according to WEWS.

When the family reached the parking lot, the situation got uglier.

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5816234

Too many beers and too few brain cells. I only hope the dad gorilla stomped his arse into the ground.
unfortunately, the dad i read just walked to the car and wanted to get out of there, and didnt do a thing to defend his kid. the guy who attacked the kid, although it will be hard to find him, should be put in jail for assault, but how does the father not do anything to protect his kid also makes me sick.

I'm surprised that the Browns fan didn't tackle the mom. After all, it would have been understandable since I'm sure that New Jersey ***** looked like man anyways.

The OB used to get like that with fans...I've seen some crazy **** go down there. It's wrong, especially when it involves a kid.

I'm surprised that the Browns fan didn't tackle the mom. After all, it would have been understandable since I'm sure that New Jersey ***** looked like man anyways.

Yes NJ women have nothing on those Colorado beauties:rolleyes2:

It's a disgusting story, my first reaction was I would have went berserk on the guy if he did that to my son BUT the Dad in this case probably did the best thing not to as he would have been badly outnumbered but he should have gone to the police.

Report: 8-year-old Jets fan tackled in Cleveland

The New York Jets, disheartened to hear about an 8-year-old Jets fan in Cleveland reportedly tackled by a drunken Browns fan after Sunday's game, reached out to the boy's family Wednesday and offered VIP treatment at a Jets home game.

"It's terrible, what happened to that little boy," Higgins told ESPNNewYork.com. "As a father myself, I can say it tugs at you. We reached out to them, hoping we could raise their spirits. But, in talking to the family, they'd like to maintain their privacy. They have no plans to take us up on the offer at this time, but it's an open-ended invitation."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5816234

I just read that the Jets org offered to fly the family to NY to catch a home game... pretty classy IMO.

The family refused. Suspect they just want to move on with their life.

People need to realize where the line is drawn between sports and real life. Too many losers that live vicariously through "their" teams.

but how does the father not do anything to protect his kid also makes me sick.
I completely get what you are saying but sometimes you gotta know when to fold 'em. Given the situation, it could have gotten really ugly really fast.

The smart move, even if it sounds like a ***** move, is what they did, get the hell out of there. Dealing with what could turn into a mob of drunk football fans intent on kicking your *** isn't exactly the smartest idea.

If the situation were different and no children are involved then by all means throw down. You'll have a cool story to tell your grandchildren.

Was it helmet to helmet?

(ouch) Yeah, that's bad even for me.

Yes NJ women have nothing on those Colorado beauties:rolleyes2:

**** Colderado. I was born and raised in So Flo. I only moved out here for my sugar momma to get her 2nd Doctorates and I'll be back to beautiful sunny Florida in a couple of years. There's nothing bad to say about the bikini clad ladies of South Beach.

8 Year Old Jets Fan Tackled By Drunk

So I heard some 8 year old kids wearing a Jets jersey in Cleveland got tackled by a drunken Browns fan. As much as we all despise the Jets and the colors they wear. But sh*t like this is just disturbing. That guy deserves all the bad things he'll get in life. I know this is a non Dolphins topic, but curious to hear what are some of the worst stories you guys have either seen or heard on opposing fans at stadiums.

Back
Top Bottom