A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb

Jennings had a really good Super Bowl, if the 49ers had won he most likely would've been MVP. He's the 5th wheel behind Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk and CMC. A good case to be made he's been hiding in plain sight all this time and is just underutilized, he certainly stepped up when it counted most. Shanahan also has history of odd usage for certain players, particularly RB's and WR's and for all we know McDaniel might well be licking his chops to work with him again knowing what he's capable of. I think it would be a mistake to just dismiss this possibility.
I completely agree- but not for a 2nd rounder. We have limited ammo, and we can draft a WR and keep him on the rookie deal with a 2nd rounder.

It could be we want to bring in one more player but we have 10 players that are not accounted for yet with their contracts so the saving from Chubb is most likely to cover that. I highly doubt it'd leave much for a big name player......we do have more money coming after June so we could make a couple of moves at that point.

I completely agree- but not for a 2nd rounder. We have limited ammo, and we can draft a WR and keep him on the rookie deal with a 2nd rounder.
A bit rich for my blood too @WildbillIV , hopefully they can get him for way less, may be a good time to get it done with San Fran getting dinged draft picks for their "clerical error". This is indeed a really good-great WR class, only problem with one of those guys is picking up the offense and contributing right away. I think Jennings is exactly the type of WR this team needs, McDaniel knows him, and he's ready to hit the ground running.

I don’t think the detailed terms have been released yet.

Also, if we gave up #55 for Jennings………I’d be less than pleased. That would be a terrible move.
Agree. Can't be giving up draft picks right now. Especially with players like Boyd available in free agency. Hunter Renfro maybe? Not sure if he's still available.

Giving up the pick would be part of signing him to a long-term deal. Unless you were referring to his lack of production even in a contract year.

The lack of production in pure numbers is understandable, given Samuel, Aiyuk, and Kittle are battling for targets. Jennings is a decent player. He is just not worth the 55th pick.
Deebo would be my wet dream.

Deebo would be my wet dream.
There's not a bike in that dream is there? :chuckle:

Explore debo GIFs

Unless the player is better than a comp pick hopefull.
While getting comp picks are certainly better than getting nothing for players like Wilkins and Hunt. The reality is third round comp picks are really just early 4th round picks.

Less than 10% of 4th round picks ever become starters in the NFL. So I would expect if they do sign a higher priced free agent, it would be a player who has been an established starter in the NFL.

As long as it isn’t an older player toward the end of his career. I have no problem with them signing a free agent to a Muti-year contract who can come in and start from day one instead of taking a chance on an early 4th round pick who may or may not ever start in the NFL.

Yeah, that was unnecessarily cagey of me. Dunno why I did it. Philly is apparently trying to move Hasson Reddick.

Very consistent production from a guy who doesn't miss games. He wants a big extension though, I think Howie is using the trade talk as leverage but Hassan isn't going to budge, he deserves the big pay day.

How so? You don't reshuffle an existing player's contract unless the team needs that cap space for a move.
I certainly wouldn't call it a reach, but 14m isn't that much if you are talking about a "big player". Gets you an above average starter at some positions, and a below average starter at others.

I certainly wouldn't call it a reach, but 14m isn't that much if you are talking about a "big player". Gets you an above average starter at some positions, and a below average starter at others.
but again, before we go after any other players, we have 10 players to fit under the cap

Back
Top Bottom