A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb

My hope is that it is for extending one or more of our young core players with front-loaded contracts, expanding future cap flexibility while preserving draft capital. But who knows the plan with the team's contention now posture.

Post the Chubb restructure our cap sits at just under $14 million. Typically, you don't restructure a player unless you need it to make a move. We don't need $14 million to sign draft picks 5 weeks from now. No way to be certain, but this is often a sign that a move is imminent. If it is, who is it? Lots of rumors out there that Debo is on the block. YAC monster hyper familiar with McD who was one of those responsible for making him what he is....

Edit: Keep in mind, we have the X money in June which is when we'd sign our draft players so this move would not be for that...

This gives Miami flexibility. Miami needs money to sign rookies and ~$10mm to carry into the season. They can use BC money for that and sign players after X's cut, or, sign players now and use X's money for rookies/carry over. This is a universe away from the cap anxiety of 30 days ago.
I certainly don't know if Miami already has a target, but I don't want to use all of it on a Suh or wallace.

I'm gonna say that the Chubb restructure was needed to get our previous signings under the cap. For the past few days, the team has announced that several players were signed, but slow-walked the contract numbers to the league office... teams do this every year when they are having to restructure someone in order to pay for the new player(s).

Now... if we restructure Hill... that will be sign of someone inbound.

Howard's 18 million will take care of our draft picks which will cost approximately 7.4m, leaving 10m for in-season moves.

Post the Chubb restructure our cap sits at just under $14 million. Typically, you don't restructure a player unless you need it to make a move. No way to be certain, but this is often a sign that a move is imminent. If it is, who is it? Lots of rumors out there that Debo is on the block. YAC monster hyper familiar with McD who was one of those responsible for making him what he is....

Edit: Keep in mind, we have the X money in June which is when we'd sign our draft players so this move would not be for that...

"Boner alert"

If Debo is on the block, Mike McDaniel will do anything to get him and Debo is on the record for absolutely loving McDaniel in San Francisco. We need another receiver and Debo would be fantastic. Absolute perfect fit.

I'm gonna say that the Chubb restructure was needed to get our previous signings under the cap. For the past few days, the team has announced that several players were signed, but slow-walked the contract numbers to the league office... teams do this every year when they are having to restructure someone in order to pay for the new player(s).

Now... if we restructure Hill... that will be sign of someone inbound.

Howard's 18 million will take care of our draft picks which will cost approximately 7.4m, leaving 10m for in-season moves.

Or carry over

It seems likely this move was made to create cap space for a specific reason.

There was no need to do this now unless they wanted the cap space now.

That does not mean some huge move is coming, they may just be in on a few guys they would need the cap room for should they say yes.

Back
Top Bottom