A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb

Exactly, it actually provides relief I believe
Probably... although we could write the contract either way. Most of these contracts come with a big bonus and a first year 1m salary, but it could also be written as a low bonus and high guaranteed first year salary.

Either way, Tua would get the same amount of money.

Fantasy land but who would you rather have Reddick or Deebo??

In today's NFL with the current rule set -- give me Deebo all day, every day.

You add that physical "can't tackle me" beast to the speed this team already has, fuhgeddaboudit. Nobody is drastically slowing down this offense.

Would be the same problem as SF. Too many high dollar receivers and only 1 ball to throw to them.

:shoo:

Good thing Deebo likes to carry the ball, too.

In all seriousness, Deebo would bring a completely different element to the offense than both Waddle and Cheetah. Which is the entire point of doing something like that.

The Dolphins need a "proven" bigger receiver to compliment those guys. Further, Deebo's physicality and "can't tackle me" skill set is yet another element the Dolphins don't really possess.

Trying to contain the Dolphins speed is one thing, but then to be able to mix in the brutal physicality someone like Deebo brings to the table? Good luck with that.

As stated above, Deebo gets a fair share of carries in SF's offense, and I'm sure the same would apply here in Miami. Mike McD is very creative and I'm sure he can figure out how to distribute the ball well enough (via the ground and air) to properly utilize all those guys.

With all the money we've been pushing down the road, it'd be a great idea to roll some money over to 2025 instead of trying to spend every bit of it this year
Might be a good idea if it was organic cap space, but it makes no sense to restructure contracts to create it, limiting future flexibility, to just roll it over.

That would be kind of dumb, really.

They didn’t need to restructure Chubb to pay for Tua. We will actually save money this year when a deal is done for Tua compared to paying him on his current contract.

:shoo:

Good thing Deebo likes to carry the ball, too.

In all seriousness, Deebo would bring a completely different element to the offense than both Waddle and Cheetah. Which is the entire point of doing something like that.

The Dolphins need a "proven" bigger receiver to compliment those guys. Further, Deebo's physicality and "can't tackle me" skill set is yet another element the Dolphins don't really possess.

Trying to contain the Dolphins speed is one thing, but then to be able to mix in the brutal physicality someone like Deebo brings to the table? Good luck with that.

As stated above, Deebo gets a fair share of carries in SF's offense, and I'm sure the same would apply here in Miami. Mike McD is very creative and I'm sure he can figure out how to distribute the ball well enough (via the ground and air) to properly utilize all those guys.
I hate to be this guy, because I'm all for adding as many superstars as you can but I don't understand adding Deebo. There's only one football. Someone is gonna be left out

Aiyuk is on the trade block

John Cena Reaction GIF by WWE

The Chubb freed up money will cover the signings we just made, don't see a big ticket pickup for a lot more than vet min.

I have a feeling a Tyreek restructuring is next. Then Tua’s contract. But isn’t all just kicking the big money down the road.

Back
Top Bottom