A Football Life: Csonka, Kiick and Mercury Morris | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Football Life: Csonka, Kiick and Mercury Morris

I am fortunate to have been at the perfect age to witness this incredible time for the Dolphins. I got to watch every game on television. I was a super fan. These were wonderful days for me and I will always treasure them.

I modeled my life on Zonk's example. I was a fury when physically assaulted.

I still think Zonk is the only fullback to get flagged for unnecessary roughness while getting tackled. Shula was furious at that penalty!

thats my era too, which makes it so painful to endure the endless mediocrity. My first game was watching the Browns destroy us 28-0 in Shulas first year and hearing fans boo Greise and calling for Jim Del Gazio to start. My friends jokingly called me Merc cause I wanted to emulate him( without the speed) on the field. I pray that I get to see them win another Super Bowl, and time is a ticking

Would love to see this current team hoist the trophy for these old guys. They will all be gone in the near future and deserve to see the Dolphins back on top before they die. Especially Don Shula.

Man i miss those days, brings back great memories as a kid growing up LOVING MY DOLPHINS!!!

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

and Zonk was my first favorite Dolphins player, i need to go ahead and get his Authentic Jersey, 40 years over due.

...and Zonk was my first favorite Dolphins player, i need to go ahead and get his Authentic Jersey, 40 years over due.

My daughter wore his jersey at the December 6, 2009 game at SunLife Stadium. That's the game where the NE fan told her to "STFU."...and NE lost 22-21 on a Dan Carpenter field goal.

She had many people take pictures with her that day. She's quite a good looking kid. Here's a recent picture of her.

1463164_10151766280951088_1172674642_n-1.jpg

Man i miss those days, brings back great memories as a kid growing up LOVING MY DOLPHINS!!!

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

and Zonk was my first favorite Dolphins player, i need to go ahead and get his Authentic Jersey, 40 years over due.

I picked up a signed...authenticated...Csonka hall of fame jersey....had it framed and is on my wall.

My favorite all time Dolphin.

Cool to watch. Brought back some memories and really put into perspective the reason that Csonk and Kiick jumped to the WFL. They simply could not pass up that kind of money at the time. I remember being devastated as a kid when them and Warfield left. Without a doubt, the Fins would have won another SB title, if not two, if they had not left.

I liked the show. I was born in `66 so that was my team.....never thought it would end but Joe Robbie saw to it that it did. Morris imo was the unsung guy of the three. 5 yds per carry and over 26 yds on kick-off returns for his career. Kiick looks frail now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool to watch. Brought back some memories and really put into perspective the reason that Csonk and Kiick jumped to the WFL. They simply could not pass up that kind of money at the time. I remember being devastated as a kid when them and Warfield left. Without a doubt, the Fins would have won another SB title, if not two, if they had not left.
Quite possibly. Miami went 10-4 in 1975 and missed the playoffs. That year the Dolphins lost a 10-7 game to Baltimore and 20-19 to Houston. You have to think that with Warfield, Csonka and Kiick those games go in the win column. At 12-2, who knows what might have happened. The 1977 team also might have had a shot. That said, it would have been tough to beat Pittsburgh in 1975 and Denver in 1977.

As to the show, my favorite moment was hearing how Csonka snuck into a team meeting with Miami when he was a member of the Giants. Classic.

I love that series and this weekend was no different. It was so much fun watching those guys interact again after many years apart.

Brought back memories of the good old days... I have been a big fan since 1966 when it all began... Zonk was my all time favorite as a kid growing up. Years later after he retired I met him at a sports show signing and had him autograph a bunch of stuff that is still on my wall... When I first got to the autograph show I had a chance to speak to him outside before he went in. I introduced myself, my wife and young daughter, and he was a super nice guy. When we got inside we had to wait about 3 hours to get to the front of the line to get the stuff signed, and even after all that time (3+hours) Zonk called out my daughter by name to come over to the table to get the items signed... that just blew me away...

Back
Top Bottom