A.J. a bust ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A.J. a bust ?

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Sleeper tags and warning flags By Roger Kuznia - SportingNews

BUSTS

A.J. Feeley, QB, Dolphins. Feeley started five games for the Eagles in 2002 because of injuries to Donovan McNabb and Ty Detmer, but he did not take a snap in 2003. When Feeley was pressed into duty, he never was asked to win games, just not to lose them. He enters a division that might be the league's toughest.
so he is a bust because he is inexperienced :confused:

don't you have to play for the team a few games before they call him a bust?
so i guess that means all our draft picks are busts too they don't have any experience

dolphan39 said:
Sleeper tags and warning flags By Roger Kuznia - SportingNews

so he is a bust because he is inexperienced :confused:

Yes! When will people start listening???? Any player who is inexperienced is a bust, and will NEVER EVER become a viable starter. Just look at Tom Brady, & Chad Pennington within the division! Not to mention Jake Delhomme and Mark Bulger. EVERYONE knows that in order to be a starter in this league, you need to have experience being a starter!

[/rant] :goof:

Kinda reminds me of the Information Technology field... even the entry level jobs say 2 years experience required :)

For what it's worth, this is a fatasy column, and thus the label "Bust" is used for players whom the writer thinks might turn out that way in fantasy drafts.

That said, I still think he's full of ****.

I love how they are ready to call him a bust and they havent even put on the pads..... :fire: GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! :fire: At this point I will look at Ron Wolfs analysis before I look at anyones. Ron Wolf seems to have the best understanding of who will or will not be a good QB in the league, and he put his stamp of approval on Feeley. The guy is in a system that was totally foreign to him, and had a new WR core that he had never thrown to so at first of course he was going to struggle. But some of the later reports have him almost on par with Jay who has been here for 4 years which tells me he is a very quick study. SO lets look at the facts.....
RS did his homework and decided this was his guy....
Ron Wolf gives his stamp of approval....
He is almost on par with the 4 year starter after a couple of months....
YEAH HES ALREADY A BUST!!!! :shakeno:

Yes! When will people start listening???? Any player who is inexperienced is a bust, and will NEVER EVER become a viable starter. Just look at Tom Brady, & Chad Pennington within the division! Not to mention Jake Delhomme and Mark Bulger. EVERYONE knows that in order to be a starter in this league, you need to have experience being a starter!

I agree with this 100%. No way you can say anyone is a bust until he gets to play in games that count. Some guys just have intangibles (think Brady) that don't show up until gameday. Even Feeley's preseason performance could be misleading since he's still going to be learning their system.

The writer is not saying he IS a bust, he is predicting that he will be. This article is for fantasy football and he is predicting sleepers and busts.
However the guy is still a moron. You pick sleepers from guys who aren't expected to perform that you feel might do really good. But you pick busts from guys that are expected to do really well and you don't think they will live up to it. This guys list of busts are not expected to do much anyways, so how could they be a bust?

Training has not even started. And if you apply the same philospphy then jay is a bust for four years, because he has never been asked to win games either

gordolphin said:
Training has not even started. And if you apply the same philospphy then jay is a bust for four years, because he has never been asked to win games either
Good point Gordo, Jay has made a "Tradition" out of not winning big games......."NoOffense" to Jay of course.

I agree with everything everyones said.

Good job guys. :up:

DrAstroZoom said:
For what it's worth, this is a fatasy column, and thus the label "Bust" is used for players whom the writer thinks might turn out that way in fantasy drafts.

That said, I still think he's full of ****.

I detect your covert intentions to scoop him up at the end of your draft in case he pans out as expected. :tongue: :tongue:

BlueFin said:
Good point Gordo, Jay has made a "Tradition" out of not winning big games......."NoOffense" to Jay of course.
Tradition and Jay on the same sentence ? hahahhahahhaha

FlyingElvis said:
I agree with this 100%. No way you can say anyone is a bust until he gets to play in games that count. Some guys just have intangibles (think Brady) that don't show up until gameday. Even Feeley's preseason performance could be misleading since he's still going to be learning their system.
Elvis, that post was almost positive towards the Dolphins. I'm proud of you. I think that hanging here with all these Fish fans is slowly converting you. By game 5 you could finally be cheering for the good guys.

phinphanphrommi said:
Just look at Tom Brady, & Chad Pennington within the division! Not to mention Jake Delhomme and Mark Bulger.
On the flipside, there's Rob Johnson, Leaf, etc. finfans, would obviously hope that he could be the next Chad or Brady but the guy is obviously not a finfan so he thinks otherwise.

This is why I think it would be too much to ask of Feely win games by the start of the season. If all you are asking is for a Qb not to lose the game, maybe Feely might be ready but Fiedler in not bad at doing that either. I should be interesting who decides , Wanny or Spielman/Wayne.

Justasportsfan said:
On the flipside, there's Rob Johnson, Leaf, etc. finfans, would obviously hope that he could be the next Chad or Brady but the guy is obviously not a finfan so he thinks otherwise.

This is why I think it would be too much to ask of Feely win games by the start of the season. If all you are asking is for a Qb not to lose the game, maybe Feely might be ready but Fiedler in not bad at doing that either. I should be interesting who decides , Wanny or Spielman/Wayne.

it all depends on if they want to throw the out pattern and a pass that is beyond 25 yards once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom