A.J. a bust ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A.J. a bust ?

"but Fiedler in not bad at doing that either. "....especially against the Bills.... :)

Fiedler absolutely OWNS the Buffaloes...home or at RWS....Ricky Williams Stadium. :(

dcm said:
"but Fiedler in not bad at doing that either. "....especially against the Bills.... :)

Fiedler absolutely OWNS the Buffaloes...home or at RWS....Ricky Williams Stadium. :(
Lame. Try not to turn it into smack if you cannot discuss the post. Just so you know, The fins have beaten the bills inspite of Fiedler. Get that straight.

Justasportsfan said:
Lame. Try not to turn it into smack if you cannot discuss the post. Just so you know, The fins have beaten the bills inspite of Fiedler. Get that straight.

The real question is if Miami beat the bills to spite Fiedler? Think about it, man.

When Feeley was pressed into duty, he never was asked to win games, just not to lose them.

Isn't that the same thing that has been expected of JF for the last 4 years. DW expects his defense to win them...and not his QB...

On the flipside, there's Rob Johnson, Leaf, etc. finfans, would obviously hope that he could be the next Chad or Brady but the guy is obviously not a finfan so he thinks otherwise.

This is why I think it would be too much to ask of Feely win games by the start of the season. If all you are asking is for a Qb not to lose the game, maybe Feely might be ready but Fiedler in not bad at doing that either. I should be interesting who decides , Wanny or Spielman/Wayne.

I remember the year Brady took over for Bledsoe and the Patriots kept winning, he was called a "caretaker" and people said the Patriots just asked him not to lose games. I also remember that Jake Delhomme's starting career began like that in Carolina...but by the end of both of their respective seasons, Brady was the Super Bowl MVP, and Delhomme was about one or two breaks away from Super Bowl MVP. We can afford to let Feeley grow into his position in this offense. We have that luxury, because of our defense. Fiedler never grew into that position. He never got to the point where by the end of the season he could start winning games with his arm, in order to take pressure off (bail out) the defense and running game. Its funny how the "W" makes you forget about defensive lapses and breakdowns. If Fiedler was able to pull off the Houston victory with his arm, who here would remember how many missed tackles the D had against the Texans?

Anyway...as for the premise of the thread, this is obviously a fantasy football article and I can't wholly disagree with his designation of Feeley as a bust rather than sleeper, even though his mentioning of "Ty" Detmer as the Eagles backup QB belies how little he knows of the situation. Miami QBs, you just don't touch them in fantasy leagues until they prove us wrong. Just like Boston, you don't draft him like you would if he were on a different team...Chambers too although in touchdown heavy leagues he's worth it because that guy catches touchdowns and in my opinion has always had that ability to create the separation in the endzone we just haven't utilized it fully until now. Fantasy owners have been waiting and waiting for Miami to get a good QB so that they can realize value on our guys on the periphery (Ricky, Chambers, McMichael, now Boston). At this point before training camp and preseason games have begun, with it still being about 50/50 whether AJ even starts for the Phins, if you draft him like you would draft, say, a Josh McCown...then you're not very smart when it comes to fantasy football.

Oh but I do disagree with most of the guys' designations. Let McCareins prove it to me first before I draft him like a 1000 yard 10+ TD guy :rolleyes:, and when oh when will people finally give up on Thomas Jones? The guy is trash, and probably always will be. And Ashley Lelie will do well this season, just a gut feeling. Brandon Stokley will have virtually no value IMO in most fantasy leagues unless they are WR/TE heavy and are really deep.

I thought that most of the people on the bust list were more talented than those on the sleeper list.

fantasy football has nothing to do with the real deal, but i dont have to tell you guys that:D

bakedmatt said:
I thought that most of the people on the bust list were more talented than those on the sleeper list.
ya i was thinking the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom