A Little Off Topic - What do you think of player celebrations? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Little Off Topic - What do you think of player celebrations?

To complain about celebrations because it is disrespectful is weak. Players directly disrespect one another, threaten one another, and intimidate one another when they line up for every play. They chirp at each other when they are getting up off the ground from one play and walking back to the LOS. And now we want to penalize them because they indirectly disrespect one another when they celebrate a score? When was the last time someone like Joey Porter got flagged for talking **** before the ball was snapped? They can't even get players to stop using the N word.

On Sirius radio this week they made some good comments. If opposing teams don 't like Cam's celebrations don't let him get in the end zone.

I'm old school, so I'm not a fan of celebrations from anyone for doing their job. Maybe work would be a little more fun if Bob got to do a dance after finishing a big project at work, but it just doesn't seem right. Regardless, I understand it's a game and entertainment, so if celebrations are entertaining for most and tastefully done, I have no huge problem with them.

America is a country built on racism - a country that (despite its vast wealth and resources) has never made things right with American Indians and never ended the enslavement of Black people. There are more Black men and women in jails and prisons today than there were slaves. Slave/prison labor is a multi-billion dollar industry.

Understanding all this, why would anyone be surprised that Newton is treated different because he's Black? And lol at the people in this thread who are saying, "I'm not racist. I just don't like this particular type of Black person." Do you have to be racist to dislike Cam? No, maybe you're just a simple-minded spazzwad. Are many of the people who dislike Cam racist/closet racists? That'd be a safe bet in the land of the brave.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ewtons-origin-story-titans-plan-for-no-1-pick

if people commit crimes they should go to prison no matter what color they are.

Cam is not treated differently b/c he is black and it is an insult to those who actually have to deal w/ racism(of all races b/c as we know racism is not just white against black though many people would like us to believe that)

"never ended the enslavement of black people" as we are complaining about the treatment of a QB who makes $100 mil. someone enslave me like that please.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

I miss "Sweetness" aka Walter Payton who used to just score touchdowns and give the ball to the ref.

a beloved player around the league and last I checked he was black. amazing how a guy conducts himself w/ class on and off the field is respected and loved by all.

Cam is "classless" and a "thug." Meanwhile, Gronk can party his ass off on the field and it's okay. :lol: But remember, YOU'RE the real racist. Tom Brady curses at refs and teammates and he's a "fiery leader." Brett Favre can celebrate on the field after a big play and he "looks like a big kid out there having fun." He really "loves the game." Dan Marino screams at his teammates and he's a "true leader, field general." Jared Allen celebrates after a sack and it's cool. J.J. Watt, the backup QB for the Cardinals, Carson Palmer, etc etc etc... Richard Sherman is excited seconds after a huge play HE made to send his team to the superbowl and he's a "thug."

And the list goes on...

Just remember boys and girls, it's never ever ever ever about race. Let's all dig our heads in the sand.

Does Gronk show up opponents? and most people outside of NE hate Gronk.

Brady is the most hated player in the league.

etc...

I see racism here but not where you think it is coming from.

I just like the fact that Denver players were trying to tea bag Tom Brady when to knocked him down last week!

Now that's a sack!

and yet no one said a bad word about the black Bronco players. how could this be when we are all racists?

blacksheepogif-1.jpg

I hate cam. I hate him because he got kicked out of UF because he stole some laptops instead of being Tebow's successor. I hate him because we got stuck with John Brantley while cam went to auburn and won a title. I hate him because Meyer most likely would have stayed at UF had he been able to run his offense with cam and not faked a medical emergency to tuck tale and peace out. I hate him because Muschamp was basically the end result of cam getting the boot from florida.

Pretty racist stuff there.

Non florida fans dislike him because he celebrates after every single play while his team is destroying their opponent. The color of his skin has zero to do with it.

Had he not screwed my Alma mater I'd be a big fan. Could care less about the celebrations, just maybe when appropriate? Love what he does off the field

Typical. Pointing out the differences with how society perceives things in general means you're also being racist. Didn't see that one coming. Not at all.

Same thing I've heard from Al Sharpton.

can't have a real convo about the general dislike of a professional athlete of color without the racist discussion coming about.

media loves it that way, unfortunately i think it sets our country back a bit. everything becoming a race issue.

also why is this in the main forum? lol

can't have a real convo about the general dislike of a professional athlete of color without the racist discussion coming about.

media loves it that way, unfortunately i think it sets our country back a bit. everything becoming a race issue.

also why is this in the main forum? lol

Because it's the off season.

Nothing really of note until FA and the draft.

Because it's the off season.

Nothing really of note until FA and the draft.

it's the only thread on the dolphins forum that isn't related to any dolphins plans, players, staff, etc and garnishing about as much racial dialogue as football...even for off-season standards this is far from dolphins-related.

doesn't bother me regardless but just seems like more of a general nfl topic

it's the only thread on the dolphins forum that isn't related to any dolphins plans, players, staff, etc and garnishing about as much racial dialogue as football...even for off-season standards this is far from dolphins-related.

doesn't bother me regardless but just seems like more of a general nfl topic

Good point.

moving ...

Back
Top Bottom