A little something for the Saban haters. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A little something for the Saban haters.

I think he could have been a great NFL coach, he just didn't deserve total control.

No one person can totally control a profootball organization.

I think he could have been a great NFL coach, he just didn't deserve total control.
As Tony Sparano says, you're only as good as your last at bat. Saban's in the NFL wasn't too good.

When he took over for us, I honestly thought he would be a great head coach. Unfortunately, our whole team was going down hill at the time he came in, and our years of terrible drafting was snowballing and finally catching up to us. To be truthful, I don't think Miami would even be close to respectable if our 2008 draft hadn't been one of our best ever. If you really look at it, we've gotten so many players out of the last 2 drafts that contribute on a game to game basis.

2008:

Jake Long- Starter
Kendall Langford- Starter
Phillip Merling- Part of d-line rotation
Chad Henne- Starter
Donald Thomas- starter
Lex Hilliard- gets a reasonable ammount of carries

Those are are 2008 draft impact players, here's 2009.

Vontae Davis- Starts
Pat White- Not producing yet, but eventually will IMO
Sean Smith- Starter
Brian Hartline- Makes a lot of clutch plays
Chris Clemons- Ball hawk, not quite ready yet

In just 2 drafts, Parcells, Sparano, and Ireland have managed to find 11 good players, many of them starters. From 2000-2007, we probably found maybe 5? Pretty impressive what they've done with just 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom