A Metrics Breakdown of Top Pass Rushers (Pt 2, Pressures) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Metrics Breakdown of Top Pass Rushers (Pt 2, Pressures)

Well, I can say one thing for you...you are definitely consistent. I still disagree with Mingo...he is a bust waiting to happen. I would take him at 42 without question but definitely not at 12.

if he's a bust waiting to happen why the heck would you take him at #42??? if anything you avoid him...that's what i do with guys i don't like...avoid em...mingos tools are too good to be a bust outright...his pursuit his accelleration the way he closes on the ball all those things too good...he'll run down things from the backside he should never get to...now if you ask me it's possible as a 34 olb it's a poor fit cause he's another guy you want going north and south and attacking and not east and west as a lb there's a lot of projection there but as a situational 43 de pass rusher with a hand in the dirt with his tools i'll chance that kids talents all day every day with a #12 pick...no question...almost 11 ft long jump shows the lower body explosion he shows on tape 4.5 speed...not 5 seconds like so many of these other slow guys in this draft...

i'll ride on that kids talents any day...

if he's a bust waiting to happen why the heck would you take him at #42??? if anything you avoid him...that's what i do with guys i don't like...avoid em...mingos tools are too good to be a bust outright...his pursuit his accelleration the way he closes on the ball all those things too good...he'll run down things from the backside he should never get to...now if you ask me it's possible as a 34 olb it's a poor fit cause he's another guy you want going north and south and attacking and not east and west as a lb there's a lot of projection there but as a situational 43 de pass rusher with a hand in the dirt with his tools i'll chance that kids talents all day every day with a #12 pick...no question...almost 11 ft long jump shows the lower body explosion he shows on tape 4.5 speed...not 5 seconds like so many of these other slow guys in this draft...

i'll ride on that kids talents any day...

He is a physical freak, as you state above, and the chance that he can out it all together warrants a high pick. The fact that he had yet to realize much of that potential keeps me from picking him in round one. Maybe I overstated my case...more accurate would be extremely high risk/extremely high reward. He could be JPP our he could be Gholston, who knows?

He is a physical freak, as you state above, and the chance that he can out it all together warrants a high pick. The fact that he had yet to realize much of that potential keeps me from picking him in round one. Maybe I overstated my case...more accurate would be extremely high risk/extremely high reward. He could be JPP our he could be Gholston, who knows?

His 8 sacks as a soph were pretty good production. He showed something. Last year it seemed like he didn't feel the pressure to work, seemed like him and Sam M seem to take it for granted and read their press clippings. This kids athleticism is phenomenal. There is so many guys I like at 12 this year, Carradine, Mingo, Werner, pass rushers. Going to be interesting stuff. I think we will have some with some skills. God it would be nice for us to get the dpoy in the draft for nice. Would be great to just actually hit a home run at 12 and then some triples with our others picks.

His 8 sacks as a soph were pretty good production. He showed something. Last year it seemed like he didn't feel the pressure to work, seemed like him and Sam M seem to take it for granted and read their press clippings. This kids athleticism is phenomenal. There is so many guys I like at 12 this year, Carradine, Mingo, Werner, pass rushers. Going to be interesting stuff. I think we will have some with some skills. God it would be nice for us to get the dpoy in the draft for nice. Would be great to just actually hit a home run at 12 and then some triples with our others picks.

If he slid a bit in the first, I wouldn't mind trading up to the bottom of one or top of two. Mingo just scares the hell out of me at 12 when there are so many solid prospects at DE, OT, CB, and WR that could really help our team. However, to Hoops credit, if Mingo's light ever comes on, he and Wake could be epic.

Whats up with Mingo over running plays, mis-diagnosing plays and falling last year. It seemed there were several times he did these things which is why people seem to be down on him, especially with talent around him. IMO he needs to develop with great coaching and i think he may develop into an effective blitzing 4-3 OLB best IMO. It's interesting to me that he is so explosive yet produced little yet Jarvis Jones was a beast in his production, with great talent on his defense as well yet tested alot poorer than I would have thought. Watching him play he does not look like a 4.85 OLB. I actually believe a steal will be JJ's teammate who was mis-used in Cornelius Washington, he is so explosive and has great size and strength he seems to me like he would be a great 4-3 end, would he be a RE in a 4-3?

I'd be interested in seeing a wider array of guys broken down.

On first glance one thing I like is guys who get a higher percentage of their pressures on 3rd & 4th down. Those are the downs when you need the pressure, the downs where you're less likely to be slowed by various read responsibilities and you've just got to go out there, pin your ears back, and RUSH. As I've watched tape of the FSU guys, both of them, that's what impressed me about them. They didn't get pressure every single snap, but they had a real knack for getting pressure when it counted.

To be honest I'd love to see the Per Snap data isolated to JUST 3rd and 4th downs, and see how that came out. For example I imagine that Mingo's pass rush snaps would be reduced to, let's say, 150 snaps on 3rd/4th down, and since 32.31% of his pressures came on 3rd/4th down, he'd probably have about 10.5 pressures.

Back
Top Bottom