A Pretty Good Year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Pretty Good Year

no they didnt. there was a massive thread before the season started here asking to post what we all thought our record would be, and the most valuable offensive, defensive, and rookie players... and the general consensus was a team that would win 6-9 games, with the usual outliers of 11 wins or less than 5 wins.

positives about this year... easy we finally sacked up and found the quarterback of the future.
negatives.... same old ****. middle draft pick. no playoffs. and same needs as last offseason sans a QB. ho hum.

I was posting of the national media.

To be fair Luck is a once in a generation type QB, may have something to do with how they have performed.

Sure he has, he's also leading the league in interceptions i think, and he also lost his head coach for the entire season.... that team last year had what 2 wins? new coach. (and again new coach after pagano went for treatment), new OC, new DC, and a roster that many looked at last year as being devoid of talent.

they could have come up with every excuse in the book if they had a mediocre season, but they didnt. prior to the start of the season if you took a straw poll on here which team had more talent, us or the colts, it would be a resounding us. all i'm pointing out is that although you are totally correct in saying how with all the change the dolphins had this year how there are essentially built in excuses for why this team can settle for a mediocre season, i was just showing an extremely similar situation, with in some regards worse situations, and how one team still is "bright for the future" but didnt have to once again deal with a "dolphins season" and now reveling in moral victories about the season.

Is the future BRIGHTER than it has been in the past, sure it has. But trying to spin this season into some sort of grandeur success against insurmountable odds after beating the mighty Jaguars and Bills is slightly out of place.

Welcome to mediocrity. We're celebrating a 7-9 or 8-8 (if we can beat the Patriots) year, missing the playoffs yet again all the while playing one of the softest schedules in the entire NFL? Good year guys, see you next September for more of the same!

God it sucks being a Dolphin fan!

GOD, it SUCKS to read this from a supposed Dolphan, aka Debbie Downer ot one of The Whiners. LOL

Sure he has, he's also leading the league in interceptions i think, and he also lost his head coach for the entire season.... that team last year had what 2 wins? new coach. (and again new coach after pagano went for treatment), new OC, new DC, and a roster that many looked at last year as being devoid of talent.

they could have come up with every excuse in the book if they had a mediocre season, but they didnt. prior to the start of the season if you took a straw poll on here which team had more talent, us or the colts, it would be a resounding us. all i'm pointing out is that although you are totally correct in saying how with all the change the dolphins had this year how there are essentially built in excuses for why this team can settle for a mediocre season, i was just showing an extremely similar situation, with in some regards worse situations, and how one team still is "bright for the future" but didnt have to once again deal with a "dolphins season" and now reveling in moral victories about the season.

Is the future BRIGHTER than it has been in the past, sure it has. But trying to spin this season into some sort of grandeur success against insurmountable odds after beating the mighty Jaguars and Bills is slightly out of place.
I don't think we disagree to much to be honest, what the Colts have done this season has been outstanding. What we have done has been very good, some lows like some of the tight losses and the loss to the Titans was very poor, but to finally have our first franchise QB and a really intelligent and talented head coach who should be here for years is just great. The future is bright.

I don't think we disagree to much to be honest, what the Colts have done this season has been outstanding. What we have done has been very good, some lows like some of the tight losses and the loss to the Titans was very poor, but to finally have our first franchise QB and a really intelligent and talented head coach who should be here for years is just great. The future is bright.

I think we do as well, although I'm not going to even bring up the big elephant in the room because he, and we all know the he i am referring to.... I have zero faith in. so while things look brightER... im holding my breath until the offseason takes shape, because it could be another disastrous dolphins offseason that murks up all this excitement

A pretty good year has no sort of grandeur success but, does offer realistic hope for the future, which we have not realistically had for many a year. There is no Parade here, just a very fair amount of hope. No reason to rain on it. :)

A number 1 receiver, 1 CB, 1 TE, 1 G and maybe a Tackle and we are ready to rumble, we need to resign Bush, Smith, Hartline and probably Starks

win loss wise nothing to be happy about prob third 7-9 season of the Jeff Ireland reign but at least our qb situation seems to be solved although year one of Henne kind of seemed that way

A number 1 receiver, 1 CB, 1 TE, 1 G and maybe a Tackle and we are ready to rumble, we need to resign Bush, Smith, Hartline and probably Starks

We had the same needs 5 years ago when Ireland took over as GM!

All things considered, with next week not mattering much, I believe that our team has had a pretty good year. Most expected us to win around 3 games, and we surprised many.

All of this with a new coaching staff, new offensive philosophy, and huge turnover of the roster. We found a QB to build around, a replacement for Long at LT, and the D is playing pretty strong. We also played well against two of our toughest opponents San Fran and NE.
Ireland has plenty of picks and lots of money to play with .... he better not screw this up next year.

CAN'T WAIT for the off season to start. Tags, trades, FA, and the draft are gonna be something to see in the position we are in. I expect three impact players between all of the above. That's my over/under for Ireland, and with all the ammo he has, believe it's fair.

Back
Top Bottom